Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

who imported after July 1st?

Options
  • 18-07-2008 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭

So who has imported a car after July 1st and is now suffering with 2k a year tax??
    Maybe you have successfully given evidence of the c02 rating and avoided the 2k a year... For a laugh I'm bringing in a car from the Uk for the second time around except this time with the new complicated tax system. It's
    only 98 1.6 glxi lancer I got dirt cheap..

Regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

my cousin, 240sx, 2.0 turbo, dyno'd today at 394.8 hp at 7.9k rpm, only cost 200-300 quid extra :|

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

That's some pretty mental 240sx :eek:

How do you mean 200-300 'extra'? As in, the quote for VRTing rose by 200-300 from before July?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

When you import anything older then 2008 you wont be paying the new yearly tax rate. You just pay the New VRT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Dirty_Diesel

S.I.R wrote: »
    my cousin, 240sx, 2.0 turbo, dyno'd today at 394.8 hp at 7.9k rpm, only cost 200-300 quid extra :|

240sx never came with the SR20DET, only the KA24 (2.4 n/a) :eek:

Or, is your cousin's name "240sx"???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

Wasn't the 240sx only sold in N.America due to the expence of getting an SR20DET through the emissions laws. We got the 180sx and 200sx thank god.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Dirty_Diesel

^^^
    True. Why anyone would bother importing a 240sx is beyond me :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

Just imported a 2005 Skoda Octavia Elegance today. VRT was 16% so a great saving was had compared to pre July 25%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Picking up a 2008 Focus 2.0TDCi Titanium on Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 tytlak

I imported 1996 mazda mx-3 1.8v6 last week, lost a few hundreds because mazda got high co2 emission. Instead of 25% (on 1.8 engine) I paid 32% of OMSP. Revenue not only started to charge bigger % of omsp but they also increased actual omsp on this particular model after 1st of July. This is really a rip-off. Did it happen for other vehicles too, increase in omsp?

Interestingly they have wrong information in the revenue:

CO2 emsission for mazda mx-3 1.8v6 is 220 g/km but they think it is 196 g/km (still in 190-225 bracket so it did not affect 32% of omsp).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭snowstreams

I imported a ford focus TDCI from the north, so it was only 16% vrt with the new system. It was well worth the day trip up north rather than paying more for a lower spec one in the south.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

tytlak wrote: »

CO2 emsission for mazda mx-3 1.8v6 is 220 g/km but they think it is 196 g/km (still in 190-225 bracket so it did not affect 32% of omsp).

There are loads of cars on the vrt site with the incorrect c02. They have an alfa 147 3.2gta as having a lower c02 than the 2.0 model.
    Muppets the lot of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

tytlak wrote: »
    I imported 1996 mazda mx-3 1.8v6 last week, lost a few hundreds because mazda got high co2 emission. Instead of 25% (on 1.8 engine) I paid 32% of OMSP. Revenue not only started to charge bigger % of omsp but they also increased actual omsp on this particular model after 1st of July. This is really a rip-off. Did it happen for other vehicles too, increase in omsp?

Ya, same thing happened the Prelude vti. Was looking at one a few months ago and it was cheap enough to VRT a 99 or 00 one. Now it's dear, and it's not just because of the higher percentage, 30% to 36%, the OMSP is gone way up. Give it time and the OMSP of diesels will go up as boat loads of them come in and feck all petrols come in.

Advertisement