Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What documents does your Planning Authority require?

Options
  • 18-07-2008 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46,037 ✭✭✭✭

It would be interesting to gauge what the various local authorities are seeking by way of documents for a valid planning application. Just for uniformity we can take a one off house in a rural location. I'll kick off with the Donegal requirements.

6 x copies of plans section & elevations (not less than 1:200 scale) showing all principle dimensions and north point.
    6 x copies of location map (1:2500 scale) showing site in red, overall land holding in blue, any R.O.W.in yellow, north point and location of site notice.
    6 x copies of site layout plan (not less than 1:500) with site outlined in red, R.O.W's in yellow, all features/structures in the vicinity, water supply, sewage treatment system, storm water drainage, vision lines, spot levels + FFL, (including FFL of house, any garage and any other adjacent buildings), north point and site notice.
    1 copy of application form
    1 copy of fee addendum form
    1 copy of TTS form
    1 copy of rural housing form*
    1 copy of site notice
    1 copy of newspaper notice (original page)
    Schedule of documents.
    Edit: 1 copy of site assessment (carried out independently)

*the absence of a rural housing form wont invalidate the application. Similarly any supporting documentation to accompany the rural housing form should be submitted but again the application would be accepted and then a letter sent out looking for this information.

Following on from another thread the location maps can be either the original copies of the OS map (A4 size) or photocopies. So far a license number is not necessary but that could change shortly.

Anyways, feel free to fire up details of what happens in your county area.

Post the details and leave it that. No discussions unless its for clarification of a post.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Waterford County: Cork County: South Tipperary:
    Ditto regarding the six copies.
    All the other single copies you stste these require 2 Copies plus
    1 complete page from newspaper with ad and 1 copy.
    2 copies of the Site Notice.

Also if the site is deemed to slope significantly the Site Layout Plan should incorporate cut and fill lines and sufficient site sections should be submitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,037 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Also if the site is deemed to slope significantly the Site Layout Plan should incorporate cut and fill lines and sufficient site sections should be submitted.
    If that wasnt included at application stage would it invalidate the application or would they request it later by Form B or F.I.?

No it wouldnt invalidate an application and they would ask for these details by way of FI but if the information is submitted at application stage it can help speed up the process.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,519 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

can we keep it specifically regarding whats required for validation, otherwise we could go on forever.

Laois
    Ditto as per muffler apart from:
    1. no levels or ffl required on site layout
    2. no vision lines on OS map
    3. council perc test results required x 1
    4. a schedule of drawings and documents (not sure what TTS is?) x 1

note,
    they also accept a copy of the newspaper, not original only, very handy when a few notices are on the one page. Plus, theres no rural, agri or industrial form when applying in laois. One application form for all.

Offaly
    Ditto as per muffler apart from:
    1. councils perc test results + 5 copies
    2. every document x 6
    3. no vision lines on OS map

Just like real life I forgot to include the site notices and schedule - added to my post above.

TTS = Traffic and Transport Statement

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

Dun Loaghaire , Dublin City Council and Fingal County Council ( ok not one off rural - rather one off urban infill OR significant extension works )

As per Muffler plus

-Drainage Plan to include all aj / mhs inverts and cover level to OS datum
    drainage longitudinal sections include all aj / mhs inverts and cover level to -OS datum
    -SUDS calculations
    -Landscaping layout - by qualified landscape architect
    -Arborist assessment of existing trees and veg .
    -SHEC certificate ( or application for SHEC ) . You risk Part 5 contribution otherwise
    - original of advert or full page photocopy is ok
    -photocopies of OS maps are ok with hologram sticker

sydthebeat wrote: »
    can we keep it specifically regarding whats required for validation, otherwise we could go on forever.

Its just that I have found that the LA will inevitably come back and ask for site sections and cut and fill lines for sloping sites if they are not included so We put them in from the start to avoid delays.

But strictly not necessary for validation purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Wexford County Council:-
    6 Application Forms (4 pages) Includes check list.
    6 Supplementary information, signed by Applicant only (2 pages)
    2 Address ( Agent & Applicant) Signed by applicant only (1 page)
    6 copy of drawing register issue / letter
    6 copies on newspaper page, one must be original - all outlined in red
    6 Soil Test reports incl photos, maps etc
    6 copies of all drawings, north sign on 1:500 site plan & floor plans
    6 copies of Site Notice
    6 copies of 1:10,620 O.S map - All originals! Site in red, landholding in blue
    6 copies of 1:2,500 O.S map - All originals! Site in red
    6 copies of letter from landowner if applicant is not owner.

Site Plan must have:-
    • Contours & levels on Site plan, to local BM.
    • 65m sight-lines from proposed entrance.
    • Dimensions of all proposed buildings from all boundaries! (House & Garage)
    • Site outlined in red showing position of public notice.
    • All neighbouring wells or watermain & sewerage facilities

Must be presented in six individual sets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Garroldy

RKQ ....I can only say I am glad that I don't have to make any applications in Wexford. That sounds like a nightmare.

Yes it is time consuming. 12 original o.s maps cost €65 to €70.
    Remembering to get client to sign original forms is a pain, usually requires an extra meeting.

I enjoy working in Waterford, Kilkenny and Carlow, though each requires less copies, they each have their own little rules.
    Carlow insist on contour levels for extensions to existing houses!

My head hurts on a Tuesday after lodging an application!
    Site Notices are becoming an issue too. Had four applications on one site over three years. Each planner accepted site notice on esb pole at entrance gates, forth planner didn't - application returned! Another €45 public notice, lots of photocopying and marking off old Council stamps ( Name Stamp and date received stamp) :eek:

Slight silver -lining, usually validate within 24 hours of receipt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Garroldy

What the crikey do they do with 6 site notices, 6 application forms, 6 newspapers and 6 drg registers. They can't have any use for all of these. Do they have a secret origami club ? (The first rule of Origami Club is - you do not talk about Origami Club)

Seriously you must be crippled with postage costs alone?.

Can we just stick to posting the details and leave the debating out of this thread please.

If anyone feels like starting a new thread on anything thats posted here then by all means fire away.

I reckon its cheaper to deliver by hand, rather than post. It used to be possible to have them validated within an hour, so if you made a mistake or forgot something, you could rectify it on the day.

I suppose as I deliver one I like collect a granted file set, as I've driven 30 miles anyway!

Usually see 3 or 4 copies in the file, which IMO confuses the public. (Its human nature to check all four copies - just in case)

As I said earlier please leave the discussion out of this thread.

If anyone wants to look for clarification of some point contained in another user's post then there will be no problem but for anything else a new thread can be started.

Advertisement