Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison posts appearing on title screen

Options
  • 18-07-2008 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if they always have, but I just logged onto the board and on the title screen, where it shows the latest posts on various forums, a thread in the Prison forum was listed. Is this normal? And if it is, should it not be changed, considering the nature of the majority of the prison forum threads?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I'd imagine it's because prison was recently reactivated and quite a few people who are not banned have access to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I think it is normal (once it was reactivated).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

humanji wrote: »
    And if it is, should it not be changed

I'd agree it should be changed.
    It can be a laugh reading the threads there especially knowing the history behind some of the bannings :D. There is also a lot of nasty stuff / abuse posted there though.

It's not something that should appear on the front door of boards though imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

I think the prison forum is hilarious. Pighead often posts there, (he has access for some reason) and it makes for good humour.

I think it probably shouldn't be on the start page all the same, but that being said, it is very funny to read if you know some of the reasons behind the bannings.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Pighead sneaks all the goodies in. But we turn a blind eye and all to that.

>_>

<_<

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Spankeh wrote: »
    Pighead sneaks all the goodies in. But we turn a blind eye and all to that.

>_>

<_<

>_>

<_<

I never said you did.

>_>

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Yeah, Prison Rocks... Makes for a good comedy read...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Daithi McGee

Quality wrote: »
    Yeah, Prison Rocks... Makes for a good comedy read...:)

Not if you are in there it doesn't.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I didn't even know the prison forum existed until I saw it on the home page. Some of the threads were good for a laugh, but there was some pretty nasty stuff posted there. Pighead is just hilarious though :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

I love reading the prison forum for a bit of comedy but i do agree that it shouldn't be on the front page as some of the posts can be very abusive.

For this reason i propose that after someone's appeal has been denied their thread should be sent to the Thunderdome type forum where we can all enjoy a bit of banter with the inmates.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Thunderdome posts have also been appearing iirc.

Neither give those who visit the site a good impression.

Rb wrote: »
    Thunderdome posts have also been appearing iirc.

Neither give those who visit the site a good impression.

Totally agree. Imagine one of those posts was about asking a girl to loose her baby?!?!? Or wishing it upon her?!?!?!?!?!? I know that is a far flug theory but I think the point is good. Fair play to Rb for bringing it up.

My task bar is missing. You b#stards!!! Give it back!!

My task bar is missing. You b#stards!!! Give it back!!

Ok . I had caps lock on... Nothing to see here.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Ok . I had caps lock on... Nothing to see here.....
    You would imagine you would have the hang of it after all this time?

Totally agree. Imagine one of those posts was about asking a girl to loose her baby?!?!? Or wishing it upon her?!?!?!?!?!? I know that is a far flug theory but I think the point is good. Fair play to Rb for bringing it up.
    Wow, so you are only here to cause trouble. Reported and lets hope your next siteban is permanent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Wow, so you are only here to cause trouble. Reported and lets hope your next siteban is permanent. Retard.
    You fcuk up and no one is allowed mention it.

Jigsaw fcuks up and it in your sig and you do up a wiki so it cant be forgotten.

Double standards eh?

EDIT: post reported for personal abuse, 2 can play that game

slideways wrote: »
    You fcuk up and no one is allowed mention it.

Jigsaw fcuks up and it in your sig and you do up a wiki so it cant be forgotten.

Double standards eh?

EDIT: post reported for personal abuse, 2 can play that game
    Quiet down you.
    Google "internet troll" while you're at it.

Wow, so you are only here to cause trouble. Reported and lets hope your next siteban is permanent.

I said imagine. it was not like it was real. was it? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

This thread wasn't started so people could have a go at Rb. Rb I think you'd be best to ignore the comments rather than replying. No point in ending up in trouble too. That subject has been done to death.

Haven't noticed the Thunderdome appearing on the front page. Think the prison forum did when it was active though.

• Advertisement

Double headed swords the whole what did or didn't one say. or what one meant. I feel lost :(

I said imagine. it was not like it was real. was it? :(
    Oh stfu.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

takola wrote: »
    This thread wasn't started so people could have a go at Rb. Rb I think you'd be best to ignore the comments rather than replying. No point in ending up in trouble too. That subject has been done to death.

Haven't noticed the Thunderdome appearing on the front page. Think the prison forum did when it was active though.
    agreed
    Double headed swords the whole what did or didn't one say. or what one meant. I feel lost :(
    i wish you would get lost instead of feeling it. :rolleyes:

1191862800-1189254064763.jpg

Oh stfu.

Sorry. I promise never to wish un born children death agian. Wait.. that wasn't me? was it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

DeV will kill me for getting this in before him but...

Daithi McGee, go watch this:

http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-behave-on-an-internet-forum

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

:facepalm:

go back to prison with all the other trolls please

SteveC wrote: »
    DeV will kill me for getting this in before him but...

Daithi McGee, go watch this:

http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-behave-on-an-internet-forum

Work blocks Vids. Bloody Shell .!!!What was it?

And then read this:
    thin-ice-sign.jpg

Nerin wrote: »
    :facepalm:

go back to prison with all the other trolls please
    Indeed.

Or better, go find another site to troll.

• Advertisement

Work blocks Vids. Bloody Shell .!!!What was it?

pity, it could have prolonged your time on boards.

ho hum.

emot-fckoff.gif

Advertisement