Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BH and FELT Bikes

Options
  • 18-07-2008 4:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Im just about to purchase a road bike.does anyone have any advice on BH or Felt bikes. Cheerz

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Nothing wrong with them. You don't see too many of them on the road here, but that's down to the fact that not too many people would sell them here. Felt are big in the States and you'd see a lot of BH in Spain.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭MadHatter

I have a Felt Z35. Only got it recently so haven't put many miles on it - but no complaints so far.

What models are you looking at? Any specific advice you are looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

One of the guys in work has a BH, and it's very nice -super lightweight, and good kit.

Both manufacturers supply protour teams, so there's a decent pedigree there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 jamesonandcoke

I've a BH frame which I brought over from Madrid. It's very light and i haven't had any problems with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

BH man myself. Decent frame (o/s 7005), mostly 105 group and decent wheels etc. Cost just over 900 notes here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

felts are nice.

Once thing to bear in mind is that 09 bikes are going up 20-30% across the board and that manufacturers are getting the 09 bikes to the floor now. Basically they stopped building 08 bikes much earlier because the pricing of the 08 models was doing in first quarter 08 and the costs to deliver bikes surged. Buy soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

Bought a low-midrange BH - Race One L130 almost exactly 2 years ago. It's been a great machine, I've put a few thousand ks on it and apart from the usual wear and tear items I havent needed anything done to it.
    BH provide really good after sales support but it's through the Raleigh Ireland network here. I had a delay in waiting for a part at one point and emailed BH in Spain directly, they sorted it out in double quick time.
    So for me, a strong recommendation overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

tunney wrote: »
    felts are nice.

Once thing to bear in mind is that 09 bikes are going up 20-30% across the board and that manufacturers are getting the 09 bikes to the floor now. Basically they stopped building 08 bikes much earlier because the pricing of the 08 models was doing in first quarter 08 and the costs to deliver bikes surged. Buy soon.
    Do you have any source on this? I've heard many predictions over the years that bike prices are going to go up (remember the great carbon fibre shortage attributed to Airbus) but experience shows that spec goes up and prices goes down year on year.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭EhBenDisDonc

Very happy with my Felt Z80; in fact the more I ride it, the more it's growing on me. Never get to compare notes with other Felt riders as there are few on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

blorg wrote: »
    Do you have any source on this? I've heard many predictions over the years that bike prices are going to go up (remember the great carbon fibre shortage attributed to Airbus) but experience shows that spec goes up and prices goes down year on year.

Yip - have sources. Not so much to do with carbon shortages, more the increase in raw material prices, manufacturing costs and freight costs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement