Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Sligo site

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 SligoToday

Hi Guys,
    Thanks for the feedback notes taken. In response to the editing unfortunately Dmac are the tech guys we dont publish any of the material. At the minute Ciaran is a one man band in regards to the journo side of things I'm sure you guys can cut him some slack.

In regards to the photo (and spelling of town lands) Magnumlady Ihave let Ciaran know that he left out a credit but Im not sure where your photo is on the site. Any chance you can pop us a mail and we will get that sorted.

In terms of other sites can you guys check out Koolkidz.ie we did this site over a year ago and our guy is looking for ways to increase traffic

The site (like sligo today) is managed updated by the client so any feedback on content or what the site could do with would be great.

Bring on the red markers!icon7.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

SligoToday wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    Thanks for the feedback notes taken. In response to the editing unfortunately Dmac are the tech guys we dont publish any of the material. At the minute Ciaran is a one man band in regards to the journo side of things I'm sure you guys can cut him some slack.

In regards to the photo (and spelling of town lands) Magnumlady Ihave let Ciaran know that he left out a credit but Im not sure where your photo is on the site. Any chance you can pop us a mail and we will get that sorted.

In terms of other sites can you guys check out Koolkidz.ie we did this site over a year ago and our guy is looking for ways to increase traffic

The site (like sligo today) is managed updated by the client so any feedback on content or what the site could do with would be great.

Bring on the red markers!icon7.gif

You asked for it.....

In the new Dad Page Here When the website is talking about sex with your partner, the word sex is in smaller font than the rest of the text in the paragraph. Its a hyperlink but its not obvious unless you hover the mouse over the word and looks out of place. Same goes with 'quick and easy meals' under 'Shop until you drop'

It also asks 'If you have any advice that you would like to share with other new mums and dads on how to survive those early days of parenthood, then please post your comments in the box below.' - There is no box below

On the Left most menu, the section 'Helpful Info' does not have a hyperlink, and the text is larger than the rest of the categories and looks like you are in this sub menu instead of the main page or whatever section you are in.

The New Mom Page here looks ill formatted. Headings look too small by comparison with the new dad section, and there are three paragraphs that look like sub-paragraphs in this page for no apparent reason (that I can see)

The Growbags page Here is split into two pages of products. However there are only two products on the second page, and it looks like they should fit on the first page, as there is a lot of blank space below the four items already listed.

Perhaps the logo's at the bottom of the page should link to the manufacturers websites, in case someone wants additional information on one of their products?

Howzat?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

To be perfectly honest the kool kidz page looks like a rather generic template. Then again I'm morally opposed to stock photography.

Kool kidz have a really distinct logo painted on their building in town - this site really does not "fit" imo. However, I don't know what the owner was willing to pay - possibly this is all you could do for him in his budget.

As for how to increase traffic: It depends on why he wants to increase the traffic. If he wants to increase online shopping at kool kidz, his first step should be to promote the website - have "koolkidz.ie" painted under the logo on the building and do sales on things (advertised via signage or leaflets instore) only available online. Or a competition to win a full nursery by purchasing X amount of Euros worth of stuff online. People have to know the site exists in order to visit it.

Something that you could incorporate that I've seen on other sites is a "wishlist". It's where you put the stuff you wish you could buy but can't, or wish to buy when the little one is old enough for it and this way you can remember what it was that you so desperately wanted for that screaming infant a few months ago. And as you've now created this wishlist you can send the link to your mother and she might buy the wee sprog a 300 yoyo carseat. This would require creating accounts - database, etc. But on the plus side, if you wanted to keep track of what single accounts were buying, what is popular if not selling well (maybe due to price?) it's much easier to do with this system in place.

Hi guys thanks for the feedback all good stuff!
    We are due to update and tweak the site at the end of august so stay tuned I will ask again after we've got that far.

In regard to the promotion his shop front signage and vans, jeeps, etc all carry the "shop online at Koolkidz.ie" tag so he is putting an effort into the marketing.

Their is already a products database and adding to that to acommodate users/wishlists wont be to difficult so I hope he goes for it.

I'll let ye know in sepptember!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

SligoToday wrote: »
    Hi guys thanks for the feedback all good stuff!
    We are due to update and tweak the site at the end of august so stay tuned I will ask again after we've got that far.

In regard to the promotion his shop front signage and vans, jeeps, etc all carry the "shop online at Koolkidz.ie" tag so he is putting an effort into the marketing.

Their is already a products database and adding to that to acommodate users/wishlists wont be to difficult so I hope he goes for it.

I'll let ye know in sepptember!

Are you just testing us with those mistakes up there? (wish I could make an arrow):D

• Advertisement

Mrs.T wrote: »
    Are you just testing us with those mistakes up there? (wish I could make an arrow):D

Ha! nope no test. I employ guerrilla tactics when it comes to spelling and grammar. it strikes when you least expect it and then fades back into the jungle!;)

Advertisement