Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chicago Cubs Tickets

• 18-07-2008 4:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

I am heading to Chicago in August and I'm hoping to take in a Cubs game while I'm there. I was told to book them a bit in advance as they can be tough to get. However when I try to book them on the cubs website it only lets me book 1 at a time but i want to try to get a few tickets together. Has anyone any ideas how is best to do this. I have registered and all to see if this would free up more tickets but it's still the same. If anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

rudi1978 wrote: »
    I am heading to Chicago in August and I'm hoping to take in a Cubs game while I'm there. I was told to book them a bit in advance as they can be tough to get. However when I try to book them on the cubs website it only lets me book 1 at a time but i want to try to get a few tickets together. Has anyone any ideas how is best to do this. I have registered and all to see if this would free up more tickets but it's still the same. If anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it.

Cubs tickets are some of the most difficult tickets to get. I'm going to the Houston game on the 5th of August and i got those tickets months ago. The reason your getting that option to just book one ticket is they probably only have singles left. In my experience of going to Cubs games and i've been at a good few over the years is to go to the stadium on the day of the game and take a chance that you will get a decent deal from the scalpers (touts). You will pay over the odds but it should be worth it as it a great experience to go to a Cubs game. Unless anyone else has an idea of how to get tickets.Best of luck in your search.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭juvenal

mickger wrote: »
    Cubs tickets are some of the most difficult tickets to get. I'm going to the Houston game on the 5th of August and i got those tickets months ago. The reason your getting that option to just book one ticket is they probably only have singles left. In my experience of going to Cubs games and i've been at a good few over the years is to go to the stadium on the day of the game and take a chance that you will get a decent deal from the scalpers (touts). You will pay over the odds but it should be worth it as it a great experience to go to a Cubs game. Unless anyone else has an idea of how to get tickets.Best of luck in your search.

You could try stubhub.com, where a lot of season ticket holders sell their individual tickets. It's a bonafide site, and you're protected just like ticketmaster.com.

Otherwise as mickger said, there's usually scalpers (touts) outside the ground before the game, that's always a good bet, even if you've to pay a little above face value.

Advertisement