Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Window Cleaner in South Dublin City

Options
  • 18-07-2008 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I was wondering what the demand would be like for a window cleaner in South Dublin City, say in the Ranelagh or Rathgar areas. I'm hopefully going to university in September, and would like to maybe do this job for the next number of years to earn some money. I've 6 years experience doing it in my home town, so I thought it would be a great, innovative way of making some money.

If anyone could give me a general idea on the demand I'd be very appreciative.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I iamgine its more of interest to shosp and businesses than residents.

That said, some residents would go for it - the problem being 3 or 4 storeys up you will need professional gear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 davescully

I would strongly advise you not to get into window cleaning.

go for painting instead...

i was in window cleaning once....its an extremely difficult job..you are so limited as you cannot clean windows in the rain.

also you will 100% need insurance...accidents happen with slippy poles alot when youi are constantly on the job.

equiptment costs alot..unlike a paintbrush.

its an extremely unregulated profession...you will struggle to make money.

i am in painting now myself...something everyone buys into unlike window cleaning..

seriously its not worthy the hassle in window cleaning

Advertisement