Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Fantasy Premier League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭HiCloy

hotspur wrote: »
    I had a shocker, 26pts, sigh. Also a big hearty f*** you to everyone who lucksacked their way to gold with Adebayor as captain :)

I had him as captain up to last week. For this week I decided I knew someone who'd be a much better captain, nice soft game at home against Hull, Michael Owen :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

lads its about consistency, i think i've been in the top 2 for the last 3/4 weeks,
    pick the base of the team at the start... and one or 2 changes is all thats needed...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

Ace2007 wrote: »
    lads its about consistency, i think i've been in the top 2 for the last 3/4 weeks,
    pick the base of the team at the start... and one or 2 changes is all thats needed...

Pick the base of the team at the start, that's profound advice. Fantasy football is 2 games - the first is not being a moron and having good players in the team, the second is the huge variance of which player will score unusually highly of a week such as with a hattrick, and who has that player and who that player as a captain. Nobody can have all the potential big points scorers or always choose the right one as captain so it is massively about luck as to which non-morons ultimately win.

Pick the base of the team at the start, that's profound advice. Fantasy football is 2 games - the first is not being a moron and having good players in the team, the second is the huge variance of which player will score unusually highly of a week such as with a hattrick, and who has that player and who that player as a captain. Nobody can have all the potential big points scorers or always choose the right one as captain so it is massively about luck as to which non-morons ultimately win.

look at my team - hardly got any big players in my team, just players who are consistent each week and bench full of player who play, all in all i have 14 players who are starters... and will play a full 90 mins...

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭theGIANT

I had a shocker, 26pts, sigh. Also a big hearty f*** you to everyone who lucksacked their way to gold with Adebayor as captain :)
    had him as captain!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

pity you couldn't have 4 strikers - i have the 3 A's atm - Agbonlahor, Alves and Anelka, pity i couldn't add Adebayor :(

look at my team - hardly got any big players in my team, just players who are consistent each week and bench full of player who play, all in all i have 14 players who are starters... and will play a full 90 mins...

You're a genius, start proposing large side bets to all and sundry immediately imo.

You're a genius, start proposing large side bets to all and sundry immediately imo.

ur the one sayin that everyone got lucky having players getting hatricks and this and that, i just said u don't have to get lucky...

ur the one sayin that everyone got lucky having players getting hatricks and this and that, i just said u don't have to get lucky...

Hmm, not sure how that sentence is remotely in opposition to what I said, if *you* think it's skill and not luck then makes bets.

Is this your 1st season playing the EPL Fantasy Football? If so try to look back through the last seasons, you just cannot fade the magnitude of scores some players will get of a week by having a solid team comprised of the kinds of players everyone else pretty much has. In the past it has come down to whether you had Lampard or Ronaldo as your captain on particular weeks. This season started off strangely insofar as that phenomenon hadn't manifested itself as starkly as it usually does, but it will kick in, starting with Adebayor last week. Lampard will likely soon become essential to have if you want to compete, and who knows how sharp Ronaldo will be when he comes back.

I'm saying that if you don't realise the amount of luck involved then you are delusional. This isn't poker where your "edge" will manifest itself over the long run, we can all see who is doing well so the only edge anyone has is being sensible, and too many people are sensible for that to be an edge. I think effort and not being stupid is sufficient to come somewhere in the top quarter, after that it's pretty much random imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭mormank

so what did we decide would be the prizes for this. is it winner takes all or top 3 or summit?? i reckon top 3 would b better, give more ppl something for fight for in the second half of the season

I'm hoping that Bray Villanderers run like liverpool get off to a good start - think there going to win and then fall away towards the end.... :D

decided to bring in the big guns so had to sacrifice 12 points for next week - reckon it'll be worth it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

I'm hoping that Bray Villanderers run like liverpool get off to a good start - think there going to win and then fall away towards the end.... :D

decided to bring in the big guns so had to sacrifice 12 points for next week - reckon it'll be worth it...

I got saved this week by Bosingwa & Arbeloa. I think the wheels are already coming off.

Can't believe the Villa didn't stick it to Boro today. You think Hitler was pissed off? I'm sending Ashley Young off to the gas chambers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Rattled77

i'm considering giving my 2 villa players the chop also....they haven't bein doin it for me at all lately

Keane's found his shooting boots, bent is doin well... looking at my team now - its sweet... defence may be a little weak.. but meh..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

omfg I was 100% sure I put schwarzer into my team this week, I check my fantasy team and he's on the bench having scored about 100 points
    I know I put him in my team. I'm on monkey tilt now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

**** Ronaldo and his 38 points last week. I finally cave and make 4 transfers to get the bastard in and he plays like a ****ing panzy this week. Gah! My team is a disaster this year.

yea fairly crap week for me too...

mormank wrote: »
    so what did we decide would be the prizes for this. is it winner takes all or top 3 or summit?? i reckon top 3 would b better, give more ppl something for fight for in the second half of the season

so did we sort it out - prizes?

It's rather quickly settled into a game of whether you have Ronaldo or Lampard as captain each week and how they perform. Obviously this week was different because neither were really fit to play, I took a punt on Bent as captain. Hve to take my hat off to Dave Willoughby so far (who is that?), he is 214th out of 1.7m at the moment.

• Advertisement

nah i think kevirl is gonna decide on the prizes later when he knows if he is gonna win or not!! :D

and nicky when are you gonna admit that last year was a flash in the pan for you and fantasy footie!! im taking you down this year!! should we have a wager on our little league too??

nah i think kevirl is gonna decide on the prizes later when he knows if he is gonna win or not!! :D

and nicky when are you gonna admit that last year was a flash in the pan for you and fantasy footie!! im taking you down this year!! should we have a wager on our little league too??

lol, this one is nuthin to do with me! And its pretty safe to say I wont be winning. Mid table mediocrity beckons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

If last year was a flash in the pan then so must have been the two previous years!

no I'm not making a bet with you now. I have no problem admitting I have zero confidence in my FF team this year and I've already won €150 from heekimsang for betting me Spurs would finish above Villa this season so that's my quota for the year.

BTW I love the way you waited until you were ahead of me on points to offer that bet. Sad.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

I think glowingmind was gonna set up a poll to decide on the prize structure..?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

Hi Folks,

Top 3 will be paid: 60% for first, 30% for 2nd and 10% for 3rd

The poll has been and gone (was done when the league started) and a link to it can be found on an earlier page on this thread.

lol i remember that bet with heekinsang!! i was there when ye made it. what a clown eh?? but ya gotta love the blind faith in the team you support!! reminds me of me in my earlier days supporting the pool, every year was our year pfft!!!

and as for the bet, we can start fomr scratch starting next month, no problems there. i just think maybe you've lost the gift you had...

oh and thanks for the reply Glowingmind. i probably shouldve researhced myself but im still glad i didnt have to :D

sorry kev...was only messing of course

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Lads,

I done an FA Cup style draw for my league in work and 2 lads finished on the same points for this week..Anyone know the rules and how its decided who finishes higher than who? Cheers

Flushdraw wrote: »
    Lads,

I done an FA Cup style draw for my league in work and 2 lads finished on the same points for this week..Anyone know the rules and how its decided who finishes higher than who? Cheers

I would say seperate them in this order

- Whoever made the lowest number of transfers in this GW
    - Whoever had the capt with the highest score in this GW
    - Whoever has made the lowest number of transfers overall
    - Fight outside the canteen at lunch time

(actually number 4 is probably the best)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

KevIRL wrote: »
    I would say seperate them in this order

- Whoever made the lowest number of transfers in this GW
    - Whoever had the capt with the highest score in this GW
    - Whoever has made the lowest number of transfers overall
    - Fight outside the canteen at lunch time

(actually number 4 is probably the best)

Cheers Kev. I emailed Fantasy Premier and they said its decided by the number of transfers...I presumed it meant that gameweek 16 so its a 2-1 victory for one of the guys but i wasnt 100%. I'd have hoped it would boil down to automatic subs as it was only a draw because one of the lads players didnt play and his sub picked up 4 points..

Unfortunetly option 4 is a non-runner...one is only a young fella 5ft6 and the other is a 6ft4 bouncer...bit of a mismatch! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Flushdraw wrote: »
    Lads,

Get them to fight each other Mortal Kombat style imo. Also i am crap at Fantasy Football and will no doubt finish last.:(

Advertisement