Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom broadband home plus

Options
  • 18-07-2008 6:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭an_other

Hi

I am on the digiweb metro home package. It has great speed 6MB and great monthly limit 30GB for €34.95 per month.
    The problem I have with it is that it interfers with my sky reception and they want to charge me €100 to move the ariel.
    I also lose connection during bad wind or rain.

Can anyone tell me what the total charge per month is for the Eircom broadband home plus package?
    Their website says €29.99 per month but is there line rental on top of that?
    What do they charge if you go over the 20GB.
    Is there a charge if this is your first fixed line connection?

Comments

The many threads here state they don't charge for going over the cap. I have home plus myself but only once went over (by only a 100mb) and was not charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,494 ✭✭✭✭guil

i had homeplus and never had a problem, they do charge line rental on top of that aswell and my uncle got a bill for 600 a few months ago for goin over the cap

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

guil07 wrote: »
    i had homeplus and never had a problem, they do charge line rental on top of that aswell and my uncle got a bill for 600 a few months ago for goin over the cap

lol, no he didn't. eircom do not charge for going over the cap and have no mechanism to do so.

how on earth do ya know he didnt, i know he got the bill so stop bein a tw@t sayin it didnt happen

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

I tell you what, get the bill and scan a picture of it up here. Black out his details and show us the amount and stating that it's for overusage.

If you can do that I'll apologise, but I guarantee you it won't happen, because you've either been misinformed or you're blatantly lying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I think guil07 uncle is spreading some white lies.. maybe to sound cool :rolleyes:

I've never heard of charging for going over the cap either.

i havent seen it or know what its for but my mother told me it was for 600 aswell

Sure it's not a chat line he was ringing ;) "eh.. just the internet charges darling. Nothing to worry about. Lesson learned." :D

ha ha no the house phone can receive calls but cant make them so thats y i can only think its for goin over the cap cos he goes over a lot

That sucks then. It's a lot of money to be handing out for any reason :(

• Advertisement

yeah i know as a said i didnt see the bill so i'm presumin its for the cap cos he's on the 3m bb but i'd say he d/l at least 100gb a month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

guil07 wrote: »
    yeah i know as a said i didnt see the bill so i'm presumin its for the cap cos he's on the 3m bb but i'd say he d/l at least 100gb a month

So do I, every single month, and i never get charged, not so much as an email. Eircom do not enforce their download limit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭an_other

Thanks for that lads a big help

Advertisement