Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Paint on a Car

Options
  • 18-07-2008 6:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hey,

Just bought a silver 03 clio, anyone know how much or where i could get it resprayed? Not too keen on silver and would love just to get another colour on it.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,361 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Its not a great idea to change the colour of a car. It is also a major job to do it properly. Not to mention when it comes to resale, you will have alot of queries as to why its a different colour and most people would be wary of it. You would be better just buying on in the colour you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

mickdw wrote: »
    Its not a great idea to change the colour of a car. It is also a major job to do it properly. Not to mention when it comes to resale, you will have alot of queries as to why its a different colour and most people would be wary of it. You would be better just buying on in the colour you like.

+1

you would be spending a fortune to slash the value of the car- it would cost €1,500+ and you could probably double it if you wanted it done right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Yes sell it and get a colour you like. Out of curiousity why did you buy a car in the first place in a colour you are not fond of?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

All the panels on the inside of the car and under the bonnet etc that are visable, are silver, it will be almost impossible to spray these so you will have a car with a different colour on the outside. This will raise alot of questions come selling time and will give the impression that the car was crashed.

There is also the expense side of it, it is not cheap to have a full car resprayed and dead money you will never get back. Makes more sense to just sell the car and buy a similar type car in a colour you can live with.

BTW just out of curiosity but considering that there are lots of Clios about the place why buy a silver one in the first place if you don't like the colour?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I'm nearly sure you can fill in a form in the tax office to register that you have changed the colour of your car?? As for the respray, it'll probably cost you a fair whack to get it done properly. Probably wouldn't be worth the money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

If you got three or four grand to spend on it, Go for it;) Or else you could maybe sell the car and buy one with the colour you want and save yourself four grand:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭suraheg

Yeah i know pretty stupid to buy a car in a colour i dont really like.. I just needed a car, and thats the only pretty decent one i could find cause its in great condition and the inside is perfect, i'll probably just live with the colour.. didnt think it'd cost that 1000+ How the hell do people afford to mod their cars!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

mickdw wrote: »

+1

To get a car sprayed correctly so that the inside of the bonnet and doors etc are the same as the exterior paint, you are talking about €2500!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

2500 maybe in the same colour. At keast 3500 in different colour to do it properly.

Advertisement