Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Broadband in castletroy

Options
  • 18-07-2008 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭

hey yeall,

i recently moved into glanntan, just off the golf links road in castletroy. just trying to get set up with internet, anyone here any experience of digiweb in this area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

If you can get Chorus in your area, go for it, great speeds, good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

dont think they do the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

NTL I hear are the best in the country, as for digiweb if you can get their metro service id also recommend that. Both very good options.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 lebowsky

If you've got a land line or thinking of getting one then I'd recommend Smart. No download caps.

no landline as yet, hence thinking of wireless

• Advertisement

lg123 wrote: »
    no landline as yet, hence thinking of wireless
    Ya consider digiweb metro so, its wireless but much more reliable faster and cheaper than most wireless services.

in theory it would seem to be the best option as i will only be in the house until next aug. i am a bit dubious though, i have had some bad experience with wireless providers to date.

Yes I agree wireless operators reputations are generally not as good as fixed line ones, but this is why digiweb metro is different (you'd swear I worked for them or something...), the service is top notch, very reliable and very fast.

Check it out for yourself sure

http://www.digiweb.ie/home/metro/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Sunn

I am with eircom but have become dissatisfied with their product (my land line broadband speed has dropepd from usually 200kbs download to 56kbs..dial up ffs)

I was thinking either perlico or chorus as we have digital with them.

I actually got a chorus leaflet int he door a few weeks ago, you get 20meg broadband line and phone for 40 euros a month but it isn;t listed on their site.

I live in the city center so going either wireless or through landline wouldnt bother me a great deal.

Sunn wrote: »
    I am with eircom but have become dissatisfied with their product (my land line broadband speed has dropepd from usually 200kbs download to 56kbs..dial up ffs)

I was thinking either perlico or chorus as we have digital with them.

I actually got a chorus leaflet int he door a few weeks ago, you get 20meg broadband line and phone for 40 euros a month but it isn;t listed on their site.

I live in the city center so going either wireless or through landline wouldnt bother me a great deal.
    Chorus for sure, if you can get them do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Try these guys: http://www.wtsbb.net/

I'm based in Lisnagry and am connecting to a wirless transmitter in Caherconlish. No download limits and I have no problems with them.

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

smart are on castletroy exhange. its worth getting the line connected for them, best service by far.

Thanks for all the replies lads. the wireless seems to be out so i have ordered a connection from eircom. think the 4mb pack from smart is what we are going to go for.

lg123 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the replies lads. the wireless seems to be out so i have ordered a connection from eircom. think the 4mb pack from smart is what we are going to go for.
    Oh for shame, taking the easy expensive way out.

hey dude,

this is the best option i could find, the wireless is out as there is no coverage. the 4mb package was the best value for money i think, the ~1mb packages were only about €5 cheaper. considering the bill is split between 3 people, each with the potential to be online at the same time. smart is not ordered yet so if you want to make a suggestion be my guest.

Advertisement