Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Whats it worth??

Options
  • 18-07-2008 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

hi folks, was just wondering how much would a 94 Rover Metro with 2yrs nct and 3months tax be worth? Car in great condition, 54,000 miles.Any help would be grateful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

More than €400 (if it's truly in good order), less than €900???

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭gversey

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Don't go near carzone for a price on something that cheap. I'd check the buy and sell and the likes for a price. Anything with a 2 year nct has to be worth €600 maybe five hundred. Plus the fact that it's taxed. Has to be worth something.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The 3 months road tax on it alone is probably half the value of the car imo. The 2 years NCT is a big bonus though.

Have it checked out by a mechanic first, may well be a suitable candidate for bangernomics motoring. ;)

bazz26 wrote: »
    The 3 months road tax on it alone is probably half the value of the car imo. The 2 years NCT is a big bonus though.

Have it checked out by a mechanic first, may well be a suitable candidate for bangernomics motoring. ;)

Hah! Never heard of that before... Sounds good haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Those Rover Metro's were good cars, although they do have an appetite for head gaskets (as do all Rover K-Series engines).

If you have any previous service/repair history documents, they'll definitely bring up the price by maybe a hundred or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

it's only worth €200 to €300. they have no following this side of the Irish Sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

colm_mcm wrote: »
    it's only worth €200 to €300. they have no following this side of the Irish Sea.

I would have thought that too, yeah - nobody particularly likes rover in Ireland.. Especially considering the age, and the fact it's a metro..

cianclarke wrote: »
    nobody particularly likes rover in Ireland

I do. :(

only 'cos they're cheap :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

peasant wrote: »
    You shouldn't

A Starlet/106/Saxo/Micra of the same vintage will behave similarly, the Metro was well by its sell-by date by the time they rebadged it as the 111i though

They were better than their predecessor, the Austin Metro.

Max_Damage wrote: »
    They were better than their predecessor, the Austin Metro.

Reminds me of classic Alan Partridge

Lynn: I picked up these brochures for the new Metro. It’s a lovely car. And if you do –
    Alan: Lynn, I’m not driving a mini-Metro.
    Lynn: But you do have to make substantial savings.
    Alan: Lynn, I am not driving a mini-Metro.
    Lynn: But if you do, you can keep Pear Tree Productions going with a skeleton staff of two, and –
    Alan: There’s no point finishing the sentence, Lynn, because I am not driving a mini-Metro.
    Lynn: But if you d –
    Alan: Lynn! I’ll just speak over you.
    Lynn: But –
    Alan: No! Go on, try and finish the sentence and see what I do. Go on.
    Lynn: With a skeleton staff of two –
    Alan: I’m not driving a mini-Metro, I’m not driving a mini-Metro, I’m not driving a mini-Metro.
    Lynn: No, no it’s different. It’s called a Rover Metro now.
    Alan: They’ve rebadged it, you fool!

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Reminds me of classic Alan Partridge

Lynn: I picked up these brochures for the new Metro. It’s a lovely car. And if you do –
    Alan: Lynn, I’m not driving a mini-Metro.
    Lynn: But you do have to make substantial savings.
    Alan: Lynn, I am not driving a mini-Metro.
    Lynn: But if you do, you can keep Pear Tree Productions going with a skeleton staff of two, and –
    Alan: There’s no point finishing the sentence, Lynn, because I am not driving a mini-Metro.
    Lynn: But if you d –
    Alan: Lynn! I’ll just speak over you.
    Lynn: But –
    Alan: No! Go on, try and finish the sentence and see what I do. Go on.
    Lynn: With a skeleton staff of two –
    Alan: I’m not driving a mini-Metro, I’m not driving a mini-Metro, I’m not driving a mini-Metro.
    Lynn: No, no it’s different. It’s called a Rover Metro now.
    Alan: They’ve rebadged it, you fool!

LOL! But anything with an nct has to be worth at least 500 yo yo's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Its a buyers market. Best of luck with that! Can't imagine you will have too much interest

Advertisement