Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Wanted] Accommodation near CIT

Options
  • 18-07-2008 7:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Thinking about studying at CIT in September :eek:
    When should I start looking for accommodation? Only seen one place near CIT on daft.ie with the tiniest bedrooms ever... I'm from Limerick, haven't been to Cork in a while!
    Would love to live in a house with people up for parties and 21+ like myself- rather than kids just out of school but I'm sure they'd be just as bad :p
    Any ideas for me?
    Thanks, all info welcome! <3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

Heya i might have something you would like! The house is in a estate accross from the b town bar if you are aware where that is.

We all go to diff colleges but the house is aimed at cit students. The lad in the house that goes to cit walks, there is a bus from the top of the estate also.Assuming you dont drive.

Who will you be living with? We all are from the same area in tipperary. Im 22 and male, there is a 20 y old male and a 20 y old female also in the house.

The house was originally meant for 5 but one person dropped out last year and the landlord agreed to stick to 4 again this year so theres no shortage of space.

I am going to post a thread advertising it now as we need to get someone soon enough, so if you have any interest let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Talk to the college itself.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

rosie...
    You might want to PM Jeremiah 16:1 who was a student at CIT and lived in Cork? You can tell him I sent ye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 rosie1987

Thanks for the help. I've PM'ed those suggested =)
    I'm also waiting for the IT to give me a list of accommodation available from Sept. Hopefully not everything is booked out! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

i go to cit and have a list if you need em :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mirostunning

i am a cit student looking for 1 person to share a 5 person house we are all female and in 2nd and 3rd year in cit the house is situated in kenley it is 7 mins walk to college all the bedrooms are spacious the rent is 90 euro a month with the last month free deposit is 400 up front to the landlord?

mirostunning, thanks a million but i just sent off my deposit for another house last week! sorted =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 g-na-g@hotmail.

Hi my name is Gina and I'm starting in cit this year and looking 4 accommodation. I'm 21 and mirostunning your place sounds gr8. Is it still available??;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mirostunning

sorry g-na-g the space is filled if you ring the accomadation office in cit im sure they will help you out with finding somewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 xxxkellyxxx

Hi, im starting CIT in September and I was just wondering would there be any accomodation that would accept rent allowance???:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 KrazyKirby

Hi, i too am starting in CIT soon enough, looking for accomadation i know i left ot a litlle bit too late but i wasnt exactly sure if i was going to move to cork but after a lot of thinking i finally decided that i want to move up, ive tryed parchment square but i havent heard anything back from them yet, any other accomadation ideas for me?

Hi, im starting CIT in September and I was just wondering would there be any accomodation that would accept rent allowance???:confused:
    I'd contact the accommodation office, better off to talk to somone who knows what they're talking about! They may have a list of places accepting rent allowance...
    CIT Accommodation office: (021) 432 6453 accommodation@cit.ie.

KrazyKirby wrote: »
    Hi, i too am starting in CIT soon enough, looking for accomadation i know i left ot a litlle bit too late but i wasnt exactly sure if i was going to move to cork but after a lot of thinking i finally decided that i want to move up, ive tryed parchment square but i havent heard anything back from them yet, any other accomadation ideas for me?
    You can get an accommodation list from the accommodation office on (021) 432 6453 accommodation@cit.ie
    This is a list of rooms available in houses around the Bishopstown area and will involve you ringing the landlords to find out if they have space still available! If you're looking for apartments there's Parchment, Edenhall (and has the popular Loft bar there!) and Deanshall is a lovely place just about 10 minute walk from CIT.

rosie1987 wrote: »
    You can get an accommodation list from the accommodation office on (021) 432 6453 accommodation@cit.ie
    This is a list of rooms available in houses around the Bishopstown area and will involve you ringing the landlords to find out if they have space still available! If you're looking for apartments there's Parchment, Edenhall (and has the popular Loft bar there!) and Deanshall is a lovely place just about 10 minute walk from CIT.

Hey thanks for that but ive found acc. last week going staying in Parcement Square! :) thanks any ways!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

KrazyKirby wrote: »
    Hey thanks for that but ive found acc. last week going staying in Parcement Square! :) thanks any ways!!:)

brilliant place to stay,i lived there for a year (9 months in college+3 months in the summer) just dont go too mad on parties the managment wont be happy:D

bladebrew wrote: »
    brilliant place to stay,i lived there for a year (9 months in college+3 months in the summer) just dont go too mad on parties the managment wont be happy:D

Aww sweet! :) ill try keep the parties to a minimum ;) ha cant wait to move up! should be a laugh! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement