Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Levy speaks out

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭One-Day-Juande

If they go, fine by me, as long as good replacements are sought. It's still sickening, ManYoo think they have some god given right to the players they want, can't stand to see another spurs player wearing that jersey, as for KEane to Liverpool, I can accept it more, good luck, you're heading to a team that may get champions league football but are the most likely to drop out of the top four and not win anything next season.

Best way to spite them is to break the top four next season, and let them know that if they ahd stayed they would have been legendary heroes in Spurs eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

Bottom line is this will continue to happen to us until we are one of the top 4 elite.

I am sure if we do well, next year our top players will be linked with moves to other top 4 teams, unless we are one of them!!

Now obviously this is only what we here through the medias, but from the sounds coming from Ramos, it didn't sound like it was the end of the world for him to loose Keane and Berbs - I think he wants to play with one loan striker and with Berbs gone for sure, I don't think he thought that man was Keane - and that both Keane and Berbs prefer to play the 442 formation.

I think Ramos will now be looking for that man, I heard us in for ARSEshaven today?

Yes, this whole thing makes me sick, but it is the way it is - we need to get into the top 4 to play the game the way they do, to attract the lesser clubs best players who want to play CL football!

The other thing we have to accept, as hard as it is - the game is all about money for the managers, the players and the boards - they don't think like the supporters - players are now mercenaries, and even the ones we thought were the best of lads (Sol, Carrick, and now Keane) will go if the money is right. Believe me if King had not been plagued with injuries, they would have come knocking for him to, and he would have gone......

If someone knocks on my door and offers to substantially increase my wages and give me the opportunity to fulfill my most sought after career opportunities, I would be gone like a shot - just like Berbs and Keane.

The one thing I wish would change is the whole contract thing, I believe if you sign a 5 year contract you should have to honer it - full stop - no buy out clause, no small text - you sign for five years, you play for 5 years. Until this happens, things like that are happening now will continue to happen.

And believe me, if we make the top 4, we will be right in there with them, doing the same dirty deals!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

John W wrote: »
    Bottom line is this will continue to happen to us until we are one of the top 4 elite.

Spurs in the top 4 will never happen while current trends continue.
    Everton a few years back was the exception not the rule.
    It was a blip by Liverpool and they won't let it happen again.

So what happens when a club like Spurs look like they might threaten the top 4 ??

Members of the top 4 go out and simply buy our best players so that:
    a) They improve their own team
    b) They destroy our team

While we continue to agree to sell to them we will never ever finish above them. Levy needs to grow some balls and let his actions speak louder than his words. Don't sell to your rivals.

Advertisement