Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just moved to Dungarvan

Options
  • 18-07-2008 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭

My wife and myself have just recently moved to Dungarvan from Waterford City. We like walking around town at night and sometimes we would like to stop for coffee but it seems there are no places that are open after 8 that would serve coffee and mabe something small to eat. The Bagel shop and O'Brien's close at 5, the internet cafe closes at 8. We don't want to go into a pub or hotel. Tiffany's will cater but most people are eating dinner at that time. Anybody know a place that's open?

And one last quick question, what's with parking on double yellows, is it allowed in Dungarvan?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Is it allowed anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

The reason I ask is that nearly everywhere in the town people are parking on double yellows especially around by the cinema. And it's not just for a few minutes with flashers on (like the Quay in Waterford). I drive by the cinema / extravision road everyday and people park on the corner near the smaller car park where it can be dangerous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I agree. It is annoying as there are car parks all around that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

The law does seem to go out the window for that particular stretch. It was bad enough having the cinema entrance on the bend, but allowing cars to park on the double yellow just adds to the danger.

Your choice for a coffee after eight might be limited, but it was a lot more limited only a few years ago. I'm not sure what time the Shamrock closes,or the Tavern (I think, next to Genoa's), or if you're willing to bend the rules a little, Quealy's pub serves food up until 9pm. You should be able to find a quiet corner (the snug by the window) for a coffee and dessert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭JLemmon

Interlude on the Quay next to the indian, you can sit out and have a coffee.

As regards parking one of my neighbours mentioned to the local (joke) of a traffic warden about people parking outside our houses for a full day or more in some cases, he replied " They can park where they like, they pay their taxes"
    so by that reasoning park away anywhere and just re-quote him if he says anything to you, I see him most days in the shopping centre car park looking for easy prey so I don't see how people get away with parking on that bend, and yes it is irritating.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭Musashi

The road by the Extravision was up until fairly recently nothing to do with the town council. The road markings were in place but it was illegal to enforce.

The council recently took on that stretch of road, you will find it's been named now. Prosecutions can be taken against people parking there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭ash_18x

JLemmon wrote: »
    " They can park where they like, they pay their taxes"
    so by that reasoning park away anywhere and just re-quote him if he says anything to you, I see him most days in the shopping centre car park looking for easy prey so I don't see how people get away with parking on that bend, and yes it is irritating.

well thats a joke, sorry he is a joke, he did me for parking outside the bank of ireland in what he said was an 'unauthorised' parking spot, it was just at the end of the parking area but there were faded white lines still around it where they had been before......when i pointed this out he said once he had started writing the ticket he couldnt do anything about it! tough crap! he is always aorund looking for easy prey!

as for around by the cinema and xtra vision, that is dangerous there, like isnt the square free to park in at night, its not that far to walk across to the cinema!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭hajjid

now listen up roanmore.
    There are good few places where you can go for a cup of coffee after 8. Lawlor's or the park hotel usually they have music there and all.
    And as for the parking on double yellow lines it is very strict in dungarvan,it's ok after 6pm but before that you don't wanna park on prohobited space the warden is a total gob****e.
    anyhow that's all I can advise ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭hajjid

people are parking on double yellow lines by the cinema because the road does not belong to the councel it belongs to dunnes stores so feel free to park there every1 else does

Advertisement