Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The post while you are watching thread.(Use SPOLIER tags during finale)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭nicolaonfire

Yup
    Best of friends now!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Is Lisa telling the truth there? Did she really stand up for Rachel before to Rex over the apple row. I can't remember. Rachel's right though saying she'd wait 'til she gets out. to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Yup
    Best of friends now!
    AND
    Lisa backtracking to Nicole.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

(shakes head) I think MNG is one of the most rational poster in here. He raises valid points and instead of debating them properly, people taje them as some sort of attack on them personally.

I humbly disagree, I've yet to see him debate a point. He seems to have a viewpoint, sticks to it and refuse to accept any merit in anyones elses viewpoint if it contradicts his own. Personally I see flaws and good points in most of the contestants, but MNG seems to see them all in black and white.

Just my opinion, and I've probably only read 10% of the posts here this series, so I could be wrong.

I humbly disagree, I've yet to see him debate a point. He seems to have a viewpoint, sticks to it and refuse to accept any merit in anyones elses viewpoint if it contradicts his own. Personally I see flaws and good points in most of the contestants, but MNG seems to see them all in black and white.

Just my opinion, and I've probably only read 10% of the posts here this series, so I could be wrong.
    Jesus ,
    I wish I could Multi Quote.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭Charlie

Fair enough, but I think your op was a bit harsh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Good point. I wonder how he'd react if someone referred to his girlfriend as a tramp the way he did Sara.

Oh wait, he's only winding people up isn't that the excuse? :rolleyes:

I never said they should stick a 5 year old in there. I wouldn't want any of the housemates to get his kind of preferential treatment. The point is, why isn't Rachel getting to see her boyfriend? Why isn't Stuart getting to see his daughter? Why is Rex the ONLY HM to get to see a loved one?

Two reasons: She was obviously up for it to go in and she had been part of identification task which the producers thought would cause friction and it has. The producers put her in there because they think it will make it more interesting. You think they put her in there as a favour to rex? You think they give a **** about rex's feelings? If rachel's boyfriend was up for it and they thought it would be more exciting to put her boyfriend in then they would have. I don't understand your gripe.

Two reasons: She was obviously up for it to go in and she had been part of identification task which the producers thought would cause friction and it has. The producers put her in there because they think it will make it more interesting. You think they put her in there as a favour to rex? You think they give a **** about rex's feelings? If rachel's boyfriend was up for it and they thought it would be more exciting to put her boyfriend in then they would have. I don't understand your gripe.
    Too true, she's in there for one reason only and that's to increase the ratings. Another unknown going in wouldn't do much to stir things up.

You think they put her in there as a favour to rex? You think they give a **** about rex's feelings? If rachel's boyfriend was up for it and they thought it would be more exciting to put her boyfriend in then they would have. I don't understand your gripe.

Agreed, they've done it for the ratings, and to get people talking (the last 100 posts here are predominantly about Rex, so its working).

The program narrative has been about different people at different times (Mario/Lisa/Steph, then the so-called loved square, then Bex/Luke) and this story is just a passing phase.

I'd say Rex will be destroyed in the next 2 weeks, a big eviction and then they'll have another storyline planned for the last 3 weeks.

Rachel has not gone on about her " Boyfriend as much as he has gone on about Nicole "

Therefore How would it be exicting.
    RACHEL DIDN'T.
    REX DID.

• Advertisement

We'll have to see if it's a mistake or not putting her in there but I think what the producers imagine is... any argument between his girlfriend and anyone will cause Rex to fly off the handle the way he did when he found out about the identification task and they got the photo of girl no.6.

Rachel has not gone on about her " Boyfriend as much as he has gone on about Nicole "

RACHEL DIDN'T.
    REX DID.

I don't understand, so what exactly is your point?

When you're on BB there are many perks. One of the downsides is that you are away from your family and friends. Its something every hm has to deal with. It would be like a footballer complaining about havin to train. You know whats involved when you go in, so put up or shut up.

RACHEL DIDN'T.
    REX DID.
    True and there was the dispute over Lisa and Luke picking the wrong girl. She was a regular topic of conversation. If Rachel's fella came in they'd probably be polite and courteous to each other, nothing very exciting there. Rex seems very clingy, think if I was Nicole he would get on my nerves a bit. I can see a few passionate rows ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Mojo2222

Just watching it live. Does Lisa's voice same the same tone the whole time?

When you're on BB there are many perks. One of the downsides is that you are away from your family and friends. Its something every hm has to deal with. It would be like a footballer complaining about havin to train. You know whats involved when you go in, so put up or shut up.

Yea but we were talking about Mr Nice Guy's complaint of preferential treatment towards Rex by Big Brother. How does him complaining about not seeing his girlfriend have anything to do with that? I was saying why she was put in there (the producers think it'll be interesting). They didn't put her in there because Rex was complaining.

Mojo2222 wrote: »
    Just watching it live. Does Lisa's voice same the same tone the whole time?
    I was thinking exactly the same thing. What a droning voice she has. Does it ever change in pitch?!

Point,
    Rex is forever going on about Nicole, (as we know her now ).
    Correct me if I am wrong ,
    But Rachel doesn't go on and on about her bf .
    So ,
    Whose Partner ends up getting in to the BB house,;)

Yea but we were talking about Mr Nice Guy's complaint of preferential treatment towards Rex by Big Brother. How does him complaining about not seeing his girlfriend have anything to do with that? I was saying why she was put in there (the producers think it'll be interesting). They didn't put her in there because Rex was complaining.

But what indication do the producers have that this will be a ratings winner. Over this series, and the last few years, the public have resoundly rejected the BB romance angles and people are fed up with them. Mario and Lisa as a couple didn't seem to amount to much, so what would make you or the BB producers think that this is a smart move ratings wise.

Putting in no.6 would have been a better move. TBH, I think the best move all round would have been a double eviction and leave things as they are. its not as if Mayson (although I liked her) was a 'big' character that needed replacing.

So you think they put her in as a charitable donation to Rex? You don't think they wanted to get anything out of it?

Also, what makes you think putting in No.6 would be a better move? They obviously assessed his girlfriends personality and thought it would be right for her to go in. How do you know they didn't assess or interview girl number six and realised she wasn't a character?

I'll be clear, the point I'm making is that this isn't a tribute to Rex or him getting preferential treatment for no reason. They're taking a risk. As you say, it could have been better if they did a double eviction and left things as they are but they obviously weighed it up and felt this was the better option.

• Advertisement

But what indication do the producers have that this will be a ratings winner. Over this series, and the last few years, the public have resoundly rejected the BB romance angles and people are fed up with them. Mario and Lisa as a couple didn't seem to amount to much, so what would make you or the BB producers think that this is a smart move ratings wise.

Putting in no.6 would have been a better move. TBH, I think the best move all round would have been a double eviction and leave things as they are.[/quote
    Couples usually are sort of boring to watch but remember Michelle and stu a few years back. She was a bit of a bunny boiler wasn't she? They weren't boring. Nicole's initial entrance was good but it remains to be seen if anything interesting developes. Maybe Rex will be madly possessive or vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

My gripe is this - why Rex?

Of course his girlfriend is going to be up for it. She's got a lot to gain from it.

That 'more interesting' stuff is pure Davina-speak. They could put Mo's brother, the number 6 who Rex disrespected, or a past HM back in and that could be argued as being 'more interesting'.

I find it very odd that not long after Rex has been threatening to leave and jump the fence, they put his other half into the equation.

The simple fact is Rex has been given preferential treatment over everyone else in the house. One of his loved ones has entered the show as it nears the final stages. It is grossly unfair.

So you think they put her in as a charitable donation to Rex? You don't think they wanted to get anything out of it?

No. I think the producers have lost all notion of what the public wants as illustrated by how they push certain hms and angles, and how woeful they conduct the interviews.
    Also, what makes you think putting in No.6 would be a better move? They obviously assessed his girlfriends personality and thought it would be right for her to go in. How do you know they didn't assess or interview girl number six and realised she wasn't a character?

Like I said. I really think they should have just gone for a double eviction. But if I had to choose between Nicole and 'no. 6' i'd go for no. 6 as Rex dug himself quite whole regarding her, and I really couldn't be arsed seeing Rex and Nicole go on a 'honeymoon' for the next 2 weeks on my tv.

It's not the olympics, why do you give a **** what's fair or not? You still seem to think that the producers make decisions about big brother based on anything but themselves which I can't imagine being true.

EDIT: that was @Mr Nice Guy.

Ann22 wrote: »
    Couples usually are sort of boring to watch but remember Michelle and stu a few years back. She was a bit of a bunny boiler wasn't she? They weren't boring. Nicole's initial entrance was good but it remains to be seen if anything interesting developes. Maybe Rex will be madly possessive or vice versa.

Please don't remind me of that wench and manboy. They are a terrible couple to cite as a reason for promoting couples in the house. TBH the only one that was interesting was Stu and Helen, and since then, BB producers try to artificially recreate this year after year.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It's not the olympics, why do you give a **** what's fair or not? You still seem to think that the producers make decisions about big brother based on anything but themselves which I can't imagine being true.

Why do I want it to be fair? Because I don't want to watch a show which is being manipulated by the producers. Do you?

Surely the real question is, why are you defending this move?

It actually does matter. Ratings for BB have been plummeting for the last few years, and most would agree that is in large to the producers meddling with the process trying to engineer certain results, and trying to recreate the same old storylines. This is just another example of the BB producers doing both.

No. I think the producers have lost all notion of what the public wants as illustrated by how they push certain hms and angles and how woeful they conduct the interviews.

Like I said. I really think they should have just gone for a double eviction. But if I had to choose between Nicole and 'no. 6' i'd go for no. 6 as Rex dug himself quite whole regarding her, and I really couldn't be arsed seeing Rex and Nicole go on a 'honeymoon' for the next 2 weeks on my tv.

I don't necessarily disagree but that's your opinion and the producers have a different opinion. I'm not arguing about what would have been the best thing for them to do, all I've been talking about is this notion that it is unfair for Rex to get his girlfriend in the house. The producer's expect it not to be a 'honeymoon' I'de imagine. They are hoping for it to kick off pretty sharpish.

It could be a ploy to keep him from leaving and he may be the only one left who has a partner pretty enough to bring in viewers. It's also very unfair when they bring in a housemate that'd been evicted already and they've done that twice before. Nikki and Jon Tickle. Can't remember if there were more.

• Advertisement

Over this series, and the last few years, the public have resoundly rejected the BB romance angles and people are fed up with them. Mario and Lisa as a couple didn't seem to amount to much, so what would make you or the BB producers think that this is a smart move ratings wise.

People are fed-up with the fake in-house made up relationships. This is at least real.
    As for whether its a good move ratings wise, only time will tell, but the evidence so far is that it will be successful... the various fora have gone in meltdown :p
    I'd say the producers will be happy if they get 10 days out of it, evict Rex and then have another week of 'how will whats-her-face survive'?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement