Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The post while you are watching thread.(Use SPOLIER tags during finale)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Please don't remind me of that wench and manboy. They are a terrible couple to cite as a reason for promoting couples in the house. TBH the only one that was interesting was Stu and Helen, and since then, BB producers try to artificially recreate this year after year.
    I wasn't saying i liked them. I was just saying they weren't as boring to watch as some. Irritating yes! She wouldn't let him breathe:mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Ann22 wrote: »
    It could be a ploy to keep him from leaving and he may be the only one left who has a partner pretty enough to bring in viewers. It's also very unfair when they bring in a housemate that'd been evicted already and they've done that twice before. Nikki and Jon Tickle. Can't remember if there were more.

I would have told Rex ,
    Here's your coat ,
    There's the Door.
    (If )
    I was the one with the power in the Diary Room.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The very fact the producers have done something which affects ONE HOUSEMATE is what annoys me.

All housemates should be looked upon as equals, yet Rex gets his girlfriend in there who obviously will not vote for him and so they have given him an advantage.

As charlie says the fact they are meddling with the process has played a big part in the show's slump. They try to engineer things instead of letting things flow.

Funny.
    Lisa staying up,
    Backtracking.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭35notout

Lisa is still convinced Rex's gf is suspect number 6!!! She's quizzing Rex and Nicole about it. Now that would be a twist - another secret task!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

35notout wrote: »
    Lisa is still convinced Rex's gf is suspect number 6!!! She's quizzing Rex and Nicole about it. Now that would be a twist - another secret task!

She's totally hatstand, someone ought to put together a collection of the mad things she says.
    I thought she'd be lost without Mario but shes proved otherwise.

She has definately got better since Mario left - he would hardly let her speak, the big bully! I'd say hes sick watching her now....

She comes out with some classics though (little green men!)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Just watching now and she's defo a lot hotter than I thought (Rex's GF that is).

The more Nicole is getting on with Rachel ,
    The more Rex is squeezing Nicole's hand,:D
    Not in a good way, more a warning squeeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

The very fact the producers have done something which affects ONE HOUSEMATE is what annoys me.

All housemates should be looked upon as equals, yet Rex gets his girlfriend in there who obviously will not vote for him and so they have given him an advantage.

As charlie says the fact they are meddling with the process has played a big part in the show's slump. They try to engineer things instead of letting things flow.
    That's right they won't vote for each other. They really shouldn't really let her be a real part of the nomination and voting process. Lisa and Mario had that advantage for a while. Big Brother though in general can be very unfair at times. Some people have been given huge advantages in the past.

• Advertisement

Just watching now and she's defo a lot hotter than I thought (Rex's GF that is).

Jeez I thought you meant Lisa - was going to send you the number for Specsavers!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

My gripe is this - why Rex?

Because no-one else's partner is hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Jesus there was alot of chat over the night i had to go back through pages and pages worth of stuff.

Just goes to show how vile Luke was one of the first few words out of his mouth when he heard he got evicted "watch your back in this house" i was so infuriared by his interview i was shouting at my tv!

So we have confirmation that Rachel thinks Rex is a nice guy.

Will say this again what a dumb idea to put Rex's girlfriend in the house.

I was starting to think there was a spark there between Rex and Rachel ,
    We will never find out now though.
    IT was almost like he fancied her but because he had a girlfriend ,couldn't go there, so he decided to goad her instead.
    He seemed to need some kind of communication with her.
    The playground scenario of boy really likes girl so he pulls her pigtails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Why do I want it to be fair? Because I don't want to watch a show which is being manipulated by the producers. Do you?

ROFL. I'm sorry MNG but that is ridiculous. The entire show is being manipulated by the producers. Always has been, always will be. The clue is in the name. Unless you're going to watch the Live Feed 24/7 you're going to see exactly what the producers want you to see.

But can you not see that putting his girlfriend in won't just affect Rex. It will affect everyone as it will change the dynamics in the house.

You could say the same about Lisa and Mario, Jen and Dale, Luke and Bex. None of them were going to vote for the other. I don't think that Rex's girlfriend will impact massively on the voting.

If anything I think this move will damage Rex rather than give him an advantage.

Sean_K wrote:
    Because no-one else's partner is hot.

Hot? Lukewarm at best.
    Chinafoot wrote: »
    ROFL. I'm sorry MNG but that is ridiculous. The entire show is being manipulated by the producers. Always has been, always will be. The clue is in the name. Unless you're going to watch the Live Feed 24/7 you're going to see exactly what the producers want you to see.

This is manipulation that will likely affect the outcome of the show. If you can't see that then you're deluded.
    Chinafoot wrote:
    But can you not see that putting his girlfriend in won't just affect Rex. It will affect everyone as it will change the dynamics in the house.

There are countless ways to affect everyone and change the dynamics of the house which don't involve a move that gives preferential treatment to one Housemate.
    Chinafoot wrote:
    You could say the same about Lisa and Mario, Jen and Dale, Luke and Bex. None of them were going to vote for the other. I don't think that Rex's girlfriend will impact massively on the voting.

Lisa and Mario were in from the start. The other relationships grew and evolved in the house.

Never before has a housemate been given such blatant favouritism at this stage of the game.
    Chinafoot wrote:
    If anything I think this move will damage Rex rather than give him an advantage.

Then why on earth are you defending it? Talk about arguing for the sake of arguing. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Hot? Lukewarm at best.
    Everyone else's partners must have been butt-ugly then:p

At the end of the day, the producers are not setting out to give rex preferential treatment. Their only motives behind putting in new housemates is to make interesting TV. Everything else is just consequential.

This is manipulation that will likely affect the outcome of the show. If you can't see that then you're deluded.

You know it is possible to disagree without resorting to insults.

As for it being manipulation affecting the outcome....yeah you're probably right, it more than likely means Rex won't win. You should be happy about that, shouldnt you? I really doubt you'd have such a reaction to Rachel's boyfriend going in. Would that be such an outrageous advantage? Would it then become the Rachel show? I really doubt you'd be getting as het up as you are now...or maybe thats me being deluded.

Then why on earth are you defending it? Talk about arguing for the sake of arguing. :rolleyes:

I'm not arguing for the sake of arguing, I simply disagree with your view. This is a TV show, the producers have manipulated everything from the beginning. If they decided at the beginning they wanted Kat to win you can bet your ass she'd win. The same goes for any of the housemates. We'll neevr know because we get to see an hour a day of what goes on in there, and it's the hour that the producers want us to see.

The decision to send Rex's girlfriend in was one taken to most likely try to raise flagging ratings. People are losing interest in the whole concept of Big Brother and it's a money spinner that Channel 4 most likely don't want to lose. Rex, over the past few weeks, has gained support of the public for being a bit if a bastard, he's been entertaining to a lot of people (just because you think he's a dick doesn't mean everyone else does....christ, Rachel doesn't even think he's a dick) so it makes sense to send in somebody close to him and not any of the others. You see it as preferential treatment, the producers see it as a possible ratings winner.

I have absolutely no problem with his girlfriend going in and I think it'll be interesting to see how he handles it. It's already proved interesting with Lisa's attempt to escape and Stu's obvious dislike. It's fun to watch and I don't see the point in getting so irate over it. So how about you calm down, keep your insults to yourself and realise that not everyone here will agree with you on everything.

Like they said in series one, "it's only a game show".

Sean_K wrote:
    At the end of the day, the producers are not setting out to give rex preferential treatment. Their only motives behind putting in new housemates is to make interesting TV. Everything else is just consequential.

The fact this move revolves around Rex shows it's preferential treatment.
    You know it is possible to disagree without resorting to insults.

I never insulted you. If anything you insulted me by laughing at my point and patronising me.
    Chinafoot wrote:
    As for it being manipulation affecting the outcome....yeah you're probably right, it more than likely means Rex won't win. You should be happy about that, shouldnt you?

I'd rather see Rex win fair and square than see his chances messed up because the show's producers want Kat or Mikey to win. I oppose manipulating the outcome unlike yourself.
    Chinafoot wrote:
    I really doubt you'd have such a reaction to Rachel's boyfriend going in. Would that be such an outrageous advantage? Would it then become the Rachel show? I really doubt you'd be getting as het up as you are now...or maybe thats me being deluded.

Yeah you are. Do you think I'd support any loved one of a housemate coming in at this stage and being given an advantage?
    Chinafoot wrote:
    I'm not arguing for the sake of arguing, I simply disagree with your view.

Your view is that it's probably wrecked Rex's chances of winning yet you still defend the decision by the producers. Why? Do you work on the show? What do you care?
    Chinafoot wrote:
    If they decided at the beginning they wanted Kat to win you can bet your ass she'd win. The same goes for any of the housemates. We'll neevr know because we get to see an hour a day of what goes on in there, and it's the hour that the producers want us to see.

Not necessarily true. We all know when they put Jade Goody back in there they were hoping to see her triumph and give her publicity yet she was the author of her own misfortune and the public turned on her.
    Chinafoot wrote:
    Rex, over the past few weeks, has gained support of the public for being a bit if a bastard, he's been entertaining to a lot of people (just because you think he's a dick doesn't mean everyone else does....christ, Rachel doesn't even think he's a dick) so it makes sense to send in somebody close to him and not any of the others. You see it as preferential treatment, the producers see it as a possible ratings winner.

What does the fact I think Rex has engaged in dickish behaviour have to do with the producer's stupid decision to send his girlfriend in?
    Chinafoot wrote:
    I have absolutely no problem with his girlfriend going in and I think it'll be interesting to see how he handles it. It's already proved interesting with Lisa's attempt to escape and Stu's obvious dislike. It's fun to watch and I don't see the point in getting so irate over it. So how about you calm down, keep your insults to yourself and realise that not everyone here will agree with you on everything.

I'm irate because it has upset the balance of the show and has put emphasis on Rex. I want to watch Big Brother not The Rex Show. Even Rex fans have been outraged by the decision yet you are on the producer's side for some reason. Good for you.

PS I never insulted you at all. I said if you can't see the decision to send Rex's girlfriend in was manipulation on the part of the producers then you were deluded. If you think that's an insult against you then I suggest you get out more.

The fact this move revolves around Rex shows it's preferential treatment.

I disagree.

I never insulted you. If anything you insulted me by laughing at my point and patronising me.

We can agree to disagree. That is possible by the way.

I'd rather see Rex win fair and square than see his chances messed up because the show's producers want Kat or Mikey to win. I oppose manipulating the outcome unlike yourself.

Yet again, it's a tv show. It's entertainment, it's not life or death, it's nothing important in the grand scheme of things. If you're so opposed to this move you can easily change the channel and stop watching.

Yeah you are. Do you think I'd support any loved one of a housemate coming in at this stage and being given an advantage?

In your opinion it's an advantage. I don't think it's an advantage at all. Yet again, I can disagree with you if I like. I don't expect you to agree with me, I just don't see the point in getting so riled up over something so ridiculous.
    Your view is that it's probably wrecked Rex's chances of winning yet you still defend the decision by the producers. Why? Do you work on the show? What do you care?

I defend it because I'm taking it for what it is, a ratings stunt on a tv show that is for purely entertainment purposes and has no real bearing on me or my life. What do you care? Why are you so outraged?
    Not necessarily true. We all know when they put Jade Goody back in there they were hoping to see her triumph and give her publicity yet she was the author of her own misfortune and the public turned on her.

These things are impossible to predict so I guess we'll just have to wait and see won't we.
    What does the fact I think Rex has engaged in dickish behaviour have to do with the producer's stupid decision to send his girlfriend in?

Because like it or not Rex has become one of the biggest characters in the house. You don't have to like him, but plenty of people do. He's survived 3 evictions and they had already involved his girlfriend so they decided to send her in. The whole point of Big Brother is how people interact with each other in that type of environment. Maybe the producers thought it would be interesting. Again you don't have to agree with their decision.
    I'm irate because it has upset the balance of the show and has put emphasis on Rex. I want to watch Big Brother not The Rex Show. Even Rex fans have been outraged by the decision yet you are on the producer's side for some reason. Good for you.

My god man, you're taking this all very seriously. So what if I'm on the producers side? What difference does it make? Would you rather I just replied with "Yes MNG, you're so right MNG"? I disagree with your opinion on putting her in. Simple. That's allowed. I can't provide with an answer as to why they chose Rex, but I can tell you why I think they did it. At the end of the day nothing we say here makes a difference and getting irate and being hostile to people (and yes you were) is pretty pointless. It's not life or death, it's not going to adversely affect your quality of life and if you think it is then perhaps you're the one that should get out more.

• Advertisement

Chinafoot,

You seem to be spoiling for an argument and to be honest I don't want to take the bait. My opinions on this issue I'm sure are well known by this point. Clearly we have two very different viewpoints so we should just agree to differ.

All the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Can anyone tell me who is in heave and hell?

Ok , :)
    Back on Topic now,
    So glad that rachel is the new HOH , I am wondering
    if it was contrived by BB though,( Paranoia setting in ),
    It fits in so well with whats been going on with Rex and Rachel , and now with Rex's gf in there Rachel is going to have to make decisions that will affect that.

Chinafoot,

You seem to be spoiling for an argument and to be honest I don't want to take the bait.

Couldn't be further from the truth and tbh, you're the only person getting annoyed over this. Telling people they must be deluded if they disagree with a point isn't really the way to go here. Why on earth would I be "spoiling for an argument" over something so utterly ridiculous?
    My opinions on this issue I'm sure are well known by this point. Clearly we have two very different viewpoints so we should just agree to differ.

Which is what I have said repeatedly in my posts. Perhaps you should relax a bit and not take this all so seriously.

Maybe now this thread can get back on-topic?

From what I can gather from DS, there's only 3 people in Hell this week.
    Mikey
    Kat
    Nicole.

Bet Mikey is happy... :p

Back on Topic now,
    It fits in so well with whats been going on with Rex and Rachel , and now with Rex's gf in there Rachel is going to have to make decisions that will affect that.

Ah I'm delighted Rachel got it.

I see Dale and Stu are saying they want to leave...wish they would! :)

kerash wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me who is in heave and hell?

No , can't seem to find out, so maybe it has not been decided yet.:)

Back on Topic now,

contrived? never;)
    i think the choice was out of Rachels hands as to who went where;
    from ds;

Big Brother reveals the times that Dale, Rex, Stu, Sara, Mo and Lisa recited their alphabets in. Lisa took 8 minutes, and comments that she "just made it" into Heaven. They prepare to move with Rachel as Dale says: "I've got Jen's bed!"

so just kat, nicole, darnell and mikey in hell?
    I'm still unclear...

Also apparently Sara claimed that she was interested in Stu, tho she was flirting with Darnell all day today, maybe she's just a friendly girl...;)

No , can't seem to find out, so maybe it has not been decided yet.:)

See my post above.

3 people in Hell.
    Mikey
    Kat
    Nicole

Could be wrong though, just got the info from the Live updates section.

From what I can gather from DS, there's only 3 people in Hell this week.
    Mikey
    Kat
    Nicole.

Bet Mikey is happy... :p

Do you have any idea how Kat ended up staying in hell?:confused:
    Oh it's ok Chinafoot , I can see the post before.

• Advertisement

Do you have any idea how Kat ended up staying in hell?:confused:

From DS
    everyone that got under 8 minutes in the alphabet task in heaven.
    Dale, Stuart, Mohamed, Rex, Darnell, Sara, Lisa, Rachel

Only Kat, Nicole and Mikey got over 8 minutes- hence being in hell.

I thought I read earlier that Rex had been disqualified for talking about the task... musta been wrong.

Mikey will be moody this week so, and Kat will have to do all the cooking!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement