Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The post while you are watching thread.(Use SPOLIER tags during finale)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Yeah , I am glad it's gone.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Sean_K wrote: »
    I'm hardly being blase about it. I'm putting across an alternative perspective. It is not necessarily the case that the producers are just deliberately going easy on people.

Even still, the producers have a duty of care to the contestants, and if that means not publicly humiliating them on exiting the house, then so be it.

I don't know the producers, so I can't say for definite what their reasons are for particular lines of questioning in interviews, but I can be pretty confident in saying that they will, within reason and within the law, do what they can to increase viewing figures. So perhaps they thought that a grilling would not be beneficial to viewing figures (that people had moved on), or else it was in contravention of their duty of care (they had a very good reason to go easy).

You kind of are, out of sight out of mind type thing. Their deeds would of been done and shown on national telly already so for Davina to ask a few questions about certain topics would be a good idea, as far as i know they use to grill interviewees, for them to brush over one topic and highlight another which they think will be good for them in ridiculous ie Jen coming up to meet Dale on the stage. I think that kind of thing will hamper ratings because people dont want to see that kind of fake relationship were everybody knows its all just about €€€€'s at the end of the day.

I have seen here and digitalspy people asking why they didnt ask "about this that and the other". I would like to see a return to the old days when stuff like that happened.

C4 Website:

The gang get a hairy Task...
    Big Brother has decided to treat the housemates to an unbelievably special prize.
    But as is the way in this world - that prize must come at a cost.
    Big Brother has created a Barber Shop in the Task Room, complete with barbers chair, mirrors, scissors, clippers and most importantly, a jar.

Head of House Mikey must choose someone to be the Big Brother Barber. The barber must then fill the jar with the housemates' hair to win the amazingly brilliant prize.
    The housemates are free to donate as much or as little hair is they see fit.

If the jar is not brimming with follicles, the housemates will receive nothing.

Who will be brave enough to make the ultimate sacrifice?

Wonder if this is BBs way of parting Nicole from her precious Hair Extensions?:D
    Thank God Mikey cant pick himself to be the barber.')" rel="nofollow">006.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭Charlie

Couldn't agree with you more Tyler.

Im sorry, but this whole 'it happened weeks ago, therefore why should they mention it' doesen't wash with me. Sylvia was evicted only 48hrs after the whole thing went down, being one of the chief members of the whisper gang (and Dennis' best mate), and there was not a peep about it in her interview. They also skimmed over pretty much all her vile behavior, and every subsequent evicted member of that gang has gotten a very easy ride considering how they behaved.

What's even worse is that the likes of Luke and Dale were just plain licked by Davina and the audience in the studio, all of them lapping up every bit of sh/te coming out of their mouths, with no one having the balls to even mention how much of a cnut either of them were.

For me, and I know for others, its this sort of sh/t that will have people leaving the show in droves. The producers seemed to have just plainly ignored how the public feel this year. It boggles me. The likes of Sylvia, Jen, Bex, and Luke were evicted on very high percentages, yet the producers don't seem to want to hold an interview which delves into why this happened.

Was there not a backlash over the way Davina interviewed Makosi when she came out.( The year Anthony won ).
    She really tore into her and the audience was booing Makosi all through the interview.
    Haven't seen Davina do it since.

• Advertisement

Couldn't agree with you more Tyler.

Im sorry, but this whole 'it happened weeks ago, therefore why should they mention it' doesen't wash with me. Sylvia was evicted only 48hrs after the whole thing went down, being one of the chief members of the whisper gang (and Dennis' best mate), and there was not a peep about it in her interview. They also skimmed over pretty much all her vile behavior, and every subsequent evicted member of that gang has gotten a very easy ride considering how they behaved.

What's even worse is that the likes of Luke and Dale were just plain licked by Davina and the audience in the studio, all of them lapping up every bit of sh/te coming out of their mouths, with no one having the balls to even mention how much of a cnut either of them were.

For me, and I know for others, its this sort of sh/t that will have people leaving the show in droves. The producers seemed to have just plainly ignored how the public feel this year. It boggles me. The likes of Sylvia, Jen, Bex, and Luke were evicted on very high percentages, yet the producers don't seem to want to hold an interview which delves into why this happened.

+1

Was there not a backlash over the way Davina interviewed Makosi when she came out.( The year Anthony won ).
    She really tore into her and the audience was booing Makosi all through the interview.

Makosi was an UBER crazy housemate, because the audience is now cherry picked it doesnt truly depict the way the public view them.

I juat thought i would add the Makosi evicition interview for people that havent seen it in awhile:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭Charlie

I thought Davina was fine in that interview, not OTT given makosi's behavior and libelous allegations towards Anthony. It was the audience, and perhaps Davina's lack of controlling them, that caused criticism.

It pisses me off though that they have done a 180 on their interview style since then. Surely the appropriate measure would have been to allow Davina to continue to interview as she sees fit, but not in front of a massive outdoor audience (much like they have now) and have an audience like they do on BBLB (some pro hm, some anti hm, some inbetweeners).

Just watched it and Davina called her on everything. Like I said I haven't seen Davina do that since.:)

I thought Davina was fine in that interview, not OTT given makosi's behavior and libelous allegations towards Anthony. It was the audience, and perhaps Davina's lack of controlling them, that caused criticism.

It pisses me off though that they have done a 180 on their interview style since then. Surely the appropriate measure would have been to allow Davina to continue to interview as she sees fit, but not in front of a massive outdoor audience (much like they have now) and have an audience like they do on BBLB (some pro hm, some anti hm, some inbetweeners).

Yeah i dont think it would of been as bad if it wasnt the final night if she had of been in the normal interview studio.

Yeah your idea about having a mixed audience is ideal i reckon.

• Advertisement

Just watched it and Davina called her on everything. Like I said I haven't seen Davina do that since.:)

I think it was a fair and balanced interview the type i would like to see now, she called her on her antics and even gave her praise.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭rhapsody

You hit the NAIL on the DALE .:D
    Sure hope ya get that.[URL="javascript:smilie(':yay:')"]icon_207.gif[/URL]

ha ha! you are a comedic genius indeed dude :D I did like Mo's reaction to the lack of divide, he deserves a lolly :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I think it was a fair and balanced interview the type i would like to see now, she called her on her antics and even gave her praise.

Agreed (though perhaps Davina got a little nasty with the 'no remorse' comment at 7:25).

Definitely a much better interview than the sanitized nonsense we get now. The contestants are all going to make a nice couple of thousand quid out of the show (some far far more obviously) so putting up with a few boooos and a couple of difficult questions about their behaviour isn't too much to ask surely.

I agree with those who dislike the fact that only whats happened in the preceding week seems to be considered relevant for the interviews, spitgate is the most memorable event of this series but rarely gets mentioned in the interviews.

Will be interesting when Rex gets evicted (fav to go this week) seeing as he was a key cause of spitgate as to whether they deem it worthy of comment (or just a 2 second clip in his best bits), or whether they just concentrate on the boring Nicole stuff.

Agreed (though perhaps Davina got a little nasty with the 'no remorse' comment at 7:25).

Definitely a much better interview than the sanitized nonsense we get now. The contestants are all going to make a nice couple of thousand quid out of the show (some far far more obviously) so putting up with a few boooos and a couple of difficult questions about their behaviour isn't too much to ask surely.

I agree with those who dislike the fact that only whats happened in the preceding week seems to be considered relevant for the interviews, spitgate is the most memorable event of this series but rarely gets mentioned in the interviews.

Will be interesting when Rex gets evicted (fav to go this week) seeing as he was a key cause of spitgate as to whether they deem it worthy of comment (or just a 2 second clip in his best bits), or whether they just concentrate on the boring Nicole stuff.

I agree alot with most of that except for two parts:

I dont see that as nasty at all i think Davina was expressing an opinion, Makosi didnt see to care i think she kind of revelled in been the big bad villain.

The key cause of the spitgate incident was Dennis and Dennis alone, yes Rex had a factor to play in the whole picture fiasco.

Rex won't be offering Mikey a job then.[URL="javascript:smilie(':eat:')"]icon_017.gif[/URL]:eek:

just watched the highlights show and Rex is scum!! how is he still in there? :eek: He kept goading Rachel way more than the others. Maybe she's being the bigger person by not answering him but I would've punched him and gotten thrown out about 20 times over by now :mad: He constantly talks over people, he is so spiteful. Some of the stuff he comes out with is funny/ controversial etc, and he is one of the 'character's of the house, but his treatment of other housemates can be despicable. I don't know how they put up with him. Am I the only one hoping he'll at least go up for eviction this week? him vs Rachel perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Just catching up here. Wow! How brave is Mikey frying sausages-fair play. However I couldn't help feeling a surge of irritation when he kept calling Nicole in the same calm tone of voice 'I'm burning the sausages' kind of thing. I'd probably scream at him 'wtf are you at- fryin' -and you not able to seeeee!! I'm getting my hair done if you'd wait 5 f****n' minutes i'l do it!' But then i'd be evicted from the back door and rightly so.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

i think she should win the show....just for tasteing mikeys cake!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭Alice1

Oh God, that cake!

Taken from Digital Spy:
    Kat set strict hygiene rules as she begged Mikey to keep his hands out of the mixture, irritated by his insistence upon using his hands to stir the mixture.

"We’re not gonna make it messy!" begged Kat.

"It is a big mess," responded Mikey. As Kat told him to wash his hands, which were covered in the mixture, he grew irritated with her, saying: "I’m only cracking eggs into a bowl!"

Kat led him off to the bathroom several times, insisting that he wash his hands. She also insisted that he wash his face after Rex pointed out that a sneeze had left him with unhygienic phlegm hanging from his face.

Mikey told the group that they were getting "hysterical" about hygiene.

Need to get Mikey out - before he poisons somebody.

No flies on her telling Mikey to get his grubby paws off the cake stuff. She didn't have to eat it. I'd be secretly thinking 'yuck' but i wouldn't have the nerve to say it-and she's only in the house a week-cheeky bitch!

• Advertisement

Alice1 wrote: »
    Oh God, that cake!

Taken from Digital Spy:
    Kat set strict hygiene rules as she begged Mikey to keep his hands out of the mixture, irritated by his insistence upon using his hands to stir the mixture.

"We’re not gonna make it messy!" begged Kat.

"It is a big mess," responded Mikey. As Kat told him to wash his hands, which were covered in the mixture, he grew irritated with her, saying: "I’m only cracking eggs into a bowl!"

Kat led him off to the bathroom several times, insisting that he wash his hands. She also insisted that he wash his face after Rex pointed out that a sneeze had left him with unhygienic phlegm hanging from his face.

Mikey told the group that they were getting "hysterical" about hygiene.

Need to get Mikey out - before he poisons somebody.

I wasn't aware of this extra disgustingness.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

rhapsody wrote: »
    just watched the highlights show and Rex is scum!! how is he still in there? :eek: He kept goading Rachel way more than the others. Maybe she's being the bigger person by not answering him but I would've punched him and gotten thrown out about 20 times over by now :mad: He constantly talks over people, he is so spiteful. Some of the stuff he comes out with is funny/ controversial etc, and he is one of the 'character's of the house, but his treatment of other housemates can be despicable. I don't know how they put up with him. Am I the only one hoping he'll at least go up for eviction this week? him vs Rachel perhaps?

It was an absolute disgrace the way Rex ganged up on her. Animal. Some way to treat a friend alright. At least she's copping on that some of them are a right bunch of knobs. If I was in there I'd set her straight...and try to make her forget her boyfriend but I digress...:pac:

Hopefully she'll have the last laugh on them by outlasting them.

It was an absolute disgrace the way Rex ganged up on her. Animal. Some way to treat a friend alright.

Hopefully she'll have the last laugh on them by outlasting them.

People keep saying that Rachel & Rex are friends, when was that? I mustn't have seen it, have only seen him constantly verbally abusing her.
    I'd say she'll get a few nominations this time, but probably wont be voted out.

I would've done what Rachel did. I would've picked the crappy cake too, however I don't think she should've gave the reasons she did-the wrong number of clocks etc-it was obviously a better attempt. I would've said the heaven cake looked fab but i hadn't the heart to pick it with the effort the others made-God help them. At least they couldn't accuse her of lying about it.
    I do think it was very brave of her to do what she did. I think Rex is p****d off 'cos he feels his chef skills have been insulted. I think if Rachel stood up and said 'Rex your cake was clearly a better effort but I picked the other one because it was so hard for them and it still came out tasting delicious-he would be happy. (happy might be a strong word):)

They did have a back and forth thing going and Rachel herself said she knew he was not serious with his jibes at her.
    After the way he behaved tonight though I would say that opinion has gone out the window.
    He goes on at Rachel , saying " Its all good then , as long as your friends are happy, "

Pot and Kettle.:eek:
    He almost spontaneously combusts if his Half price princess is not happy.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

i felt so sorry for rachel tonight. they were all ganging up on her. ffs how long were they gonna drag it on for.

Rex happy? :eek: never

sar84 wrote: »
    i felt so sorry for rachel tonight. they were all ganging up on her. ffs how long were they gonna drag it on for.

hopefully Darnell is right & its all forgotten the next day. doubt it though. Rex will still be banging on about it

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

They did have a back and forth thing going and Rachel herself said she knew he was not serious with his jibes at her.
    After the way he behaved tonight though I would say that opinion has gone out the window.
    He goes on at Rachel , saying " Its all good then , as long as your friends are happy, "

Pot and Kettle.:eek:
    He almost spontaneously combusts if his Half price princess is not happy.:rolleyes:

And remember Rachel was the one who bought back his precious princess' suitcase and he was delighted with her over that.

He's always having a go at her over the smallest, little thing. It's quite pathetic really.

I would be very surprised if Rachel is up for eviction this week though. I reckon it will be Stuart and Lisa.

• Advertisement

Somebody please dive in to the ocean of self pity Darnell
    is drowning in .
    Pull him out and tell him to make the most of where he is, he will be rageing when he looks back on his time in the house.
    Buck up Darnell and get back to the way you were before.:)
    She is not all that Darnell.:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement