Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The post while you are watching thread.(Use SPOLIER tags during finale)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Er, what were Rex and Mo doing for the past few days? Why is it only Darnell that you're appalled at?

It's the "ugly" bit that most people are singling out as being terrible. That's the point I was making.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Amz wrote: »
    I think what Rex and Mohammed have been saying to Sara and doing to Sara is far more offensive than what Darnell said. Calling her a slut, discussing how many partners she's had and the various nicknames Rex has given to her. It's disgusting, I know which I'd get over faster.

That kind of talk is despicable and for a man who seems to come from a relatively decent background Rex should know better. Mo constantly trying to get her to snog him in exchange for cigarettes? That's appalling to me too! They're so incredibly vulgar.

Yes, Darnell shouldn't have called her ugly, yes he should probably apologise, but was it not in this very forum that people complained about her manipulating him and treating him shabbily when she was in her touchy feely phase with him? He's obviously still hurting from that. She humiliated him, on national telly.

We all know how much we want the world to swallow us up when we've been embarrassed, how we want to get away from a person/situation, yet in that house they're forced to remain there. It's easier for any resentment, for a person who humiliated you, to fade if you can put some distance between you.

He knows, she knows and we all know that she's not ugly, but for some reason we're focusing on that comment and not on the real damage that calling a woman a whore can do for their reputation.

It's quite clear though that Channel 4 are really playing to their audience though. One of the biggest insults for the tween girls, who vote for these things is to be called ugly by a guy, so Darnell is obviously the editors newest choice as villain of the week.

I'm really disappointed at how much people are more upset about someone being called ugly than being called a slut.

She sees what Rex said as a joke. I wouldn't take it too kindly myself, strange why she doesn't seem bothered. I'd know he was joking but I wouldn't like him saying that stuff to me in case some of the public thought he knew what he was talking about-know what I mean? I'd take him aside and tell him seriously to slag me about anything at all but not about how many men I'd jumped:(.Mo does come across as very sleazy at times with Sara, he's just gasping to snog her. Even if he was mad feckin' lovely I don't think I'd be able to forget there was once a snot belonging to Mikey in there!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Maybe there's a reason Rex is getting somewhat more favourable edits...
    REX AND NICOLE GET TV SHOW

TELLY bosses are cooking up a new Osbournes-style reality show for Rex Newmark and his wacky family.

Producers reckon the minted 24-year-old has been the biggest character on BB this summer.

And they are convinced that a fly-on-the-wall series based at his family’s London restaurant would be a hit.

The show, with a working title of Meet The Newmarks, would echo the series which gave fans an insiders’ view of Ozzy Osbourne, 59, his wife Sharon, 55, and two of their kids Kelly, 23, and Jack, 22.

MTV made four series of The Osbournes, turning the whole family into household names and earning them millions of pounds.

Now bosses reckon they can cash in by using the same format to turn Rex, his family and his sexy girlfriend – ex-housemate Nicole Cammack, 19 – into stars.

An insider said: “The Newmarks are a wealthy family who seem to live a very wild lifestyle, packed full of celebrities and glamour.

“Giving them their own show based at the restaurant would be like two shows rolled into one. You would get the reality side of things and you would get to see Rex doing what he does best – cooking.”

Channel 4 are the favourites to clinch the show and Rex’s dad Robert is locked in talks with TV chiefs to secure a deal before his son has even left the spy-on-the-wall house.

Cocky Rex – whose father’s restaurant chain Beach Blanket Babylon has been frequented by Kate Moss, 34, Naomi Campbell, 38, and Paul Gascoigne, 41 – could even end up being the next Jamie Oliver, 32.

His dad Robert said: “Rex would love to be a celebrity chef.

“There hasn’t been a new one for some years.

“I know someone who knows Jamie Oliver and apparently when he saw Rex on TV he said ‘There’s a new celebrity chef.’”

His brother Dexter, 20, added: “There has been some talk about him having his own cooking show. He’d jump at the chance.”

Nicole will be hoping the series can win her some fans after 94% of the votes counted against her last week – the most in BB history.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/48775/Rex-and-Nicole-get-TV-show/

I've felt for a while that Rex has got a favourable deal from Channel 4. The tokens thing, having his girlfriend come into the house, the task where he had to stay still etc.

Are Channel 4 trying to make Darnell the new public enemy number 1 instead of Rex perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

that article stinks of column filling. why are there ages after all the celebs?!
    Editor :Get me 400 words!
    lacky: ok. hmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

TELLY bosses are cooking up a new Osbournes-style reality show for Rex Newmark and his wacky family.

MNG Hand on heart l did not read any further.

8.gif:mad:

• Advertisement

I've felt for a while that Rex has got a favourable deal from Channel 4. The tokens thing, having his girlfriend come into the house, the task where he had to stay still etc.

Are Channel 4 trying to make Darnell the new public enemy number 1 instead of Rex perhaps?

Channel 4 didn't make Darnell say those things. It's not as if they edited it to make him look bad.The rest of the show was mainly about the Darnell/Sara thing that's going on. It's good for viewing... Rex didn't look too good either winding her up about being a quare thing.:eek: Hardly favourable editing really for him, though it did show him apologise - he usually does apologise when he makes someone cry. (I'm not defending him, i'm just saying it doesn't show him as any different really since the beginning of the show)Do you think they're editing it to make him look better really? Since when do you think?

Ann22 wrote: »
    She sees what Rex said as a joke. I wouldn't take it too kindly myself, strange why she doesn't seem bothered. I'd know he was joking but I wouldn't like him saying that stuff to me in case some of the public thought he knew what he was talking about-know what I mean? I'd take him aside and tell him seriously to slag me about anything at all but not about how many men I'd jumped:(.Mo does come across as very sleazy at times with Sara, he's just gasping to snog her. Even if he was mad feckin' lovely I don't think I'd be able to forget there was once a snot belonging to Mikey in there!:o
    Does she really see Rex as joking, or is she just being more accepting of his behaviour because he's the only one really giving her attention? She's cosying back up to him after Nicole has left. She's happy to take any digs he gives her because she's trying to ingratiate herself with him once more. She no longer has Stewart, or Dale and Darnell is fed up with her too. Mo is giving her some unwanted attention and Mikey was never really bothered and he's not glamorous enough for her to bother with. She only has Rex left.

Rex is the type of person who will pretend these comments are a joke, or will make a comment with a smile just to get away with it.

He's like the bully in school who, when confronted, says "Ah we were only messin'!"

Rex was so defensive over his girlfriend when someone commented on her use of fake tan, can you imagine how he would react if one or two of the guys spoke to her like he and Mo have spoken to Sara?

Many people will be happy to see Rex's comments as a joke because that's how they're being presented to us.

Want to remove this ad? Please sign in or register.

I saw this over on Ds-
    'I'm surprised no one's posted yet but, on LF Darnell and Rex were talking about being pulled into the DR by BB for their treatment of Sara.

Darnell asked Rex if they used the word Bully to him and Rex said yes. Darnell then said they used that with me as well. Rex then said how was it bullying and Sara asked if her name was mentioned, and Rex said it was mentioned all the way through. She then said you were bullying me. Rex then replied that she was bullying him for a cigarette.

They were all very jovial about it but, Darnell and Rex have definitely been pulled up about their behaviour.'

l said ages ago on a thread here he was only on BB to get noticed and to become the next Gordon Ramsey ,
    hence his attitude to people.
    if you look closely at him and Ramsey you will see similarities as in l will be rude to you ( and mean it ) but l know l can get around you and make you like me for it.

IMO, u cant judge it as bullying, without sarah feeling bullied. If she doesnt feel like she's being bullied by him, wheres the foul?

• Advertisement

Want to remove this ad? Please sign in or register.

I saw this over on Ds-
    'I'm surprised no one's posted yet but, on LF Darnell and Rex were talking about being pulled into the DR by BB for their treatment of Sara.

Darnell asked Rex if they used the word Bully to him and Rex said yes. Darnell then said they used that with me as well. Rex then said how was it bullying and Sara asked if her name was mentioned, and Rex said it was mentioned all the way through. She then said you were bullying me. Rex then replied that she was bullying him for a cigarette.

They were all very jovial about it but, Darnell and Rex have definitely been pulled up about their behaviour.'
    she actually laughed and said "ahaha, you were bullying me!!" as if to tease them for getting in trouble. rex laughed, and said that it was her that bullied him for a cigarette which he didnt want to give her, and it was her fault. they seemed to laugh about it the whole way through.

zuroph wrote: »
    IMO, u cant judge it as bullying, without sarah feeling bullied. If she doesnt feel like she's being bullied by him, wheres the foul?
    I was just quoting someone else. Dunno what was actually said. Maybe Big Bro thinks Sara's too gormless to recognise bullying. I do think the comments about her sexuality were out of order but I don't believe in Rex's head he thought he was doing any harm.

nah rex was only teasing IMO. he's actually been getting on pretty well with everyone in the house lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

I was just quoting someone else. Dunno what was actually said. Maybe Big Bro thinks Sara's too gormless to recognise bullying. I do think the comments about her sexuality were out of order but I don't believe in Rex's head he thought he was doing any harm.

Why did he apologise to Sara last night then.
    Not having a go, fair play to him for doing so, but I think he knew it went too far and tried to set the example for Darnell to follow suit - dont think he got the message tho!

I was just quoting someone else.
    i know :)

If you notice, I didn't say anyone was bullying.

I said that intentionally being hurtful or insulting to someone, even with a smile on your face, or claiming it's a joke, does not make it a joke. It does not imply that both parties see it as a joke.

I said it was like the bully claiming that he was only messing, the person being bullied might be too scared to say "Well actually, you are bullying me."

I hate that everything has to be elaborated upon and really expounded for some of the readers of this forum.

(Oh the dilemma, do I add a smilie and make it seem like I'm not trying to insult people, or do I let people make up their own minds ...)

kerash wrote: »
    Why did he apologise to Sara last night then.
    Not having a go, fair play to him for doing so, but I think he knew it went too far and tried to set the example for Darnell to follow suit - dont think he got the message tho!
    he apologised because he'd upset her, and said he didnt mean to, that it was just teasing.

If you notice, I didn't say anyone was bullying.

I said that intentionally being hurtful or insulting to someone, even with a smile on your face, or claiming it's a joke, does not make it a joke. It does not imply that both parties see it as a joke.

I said it was like the bully claiming that he was only messing, the person being bullied might be too scared to say "Well actually, you are bullying me."

I hate that everything has to be elaborated upon and really expounded for some of the readers of this forum.

(Oh the dilemma, do I add a smilie and make it seem like I'm not trying to insult people, or do I let people make up their own minds ...)
    so saying hes a bully, and saying he's LIKE a bully are two completely different things. I see now.
    (oh the dilemma, should i put rolleyes after my post, or is the sarcasm strong enough in my wording?!) ;)

he apologised because he'd upset her, and said he didnt mean to, that it was just teasing.

I know that!

however Ann22 was saying that she didnt think he thought he was doing any harm.
    If Rex thought he was not doing any harm he would not have apologised.
    :)

On Rex apologising, you don't know if he did that because he genuinely felt bad or because he was instructed to do so. If he and Darnell were called in to the diary room then I wouldn't be surprised if they told him to do so.

Sure wasn't this done with Jen, Dale and co after Spitgate?

• Advertisement

so saying hes a bully, and saying he's LIKE a bully are two completely different things. I see now.
    (oh the dilemma, should i put rolleyes after my post, or is the sarcasm strong enough in my wording?!) ;)
    Nice to see you missed the point.

On Rex apologising, you don't know if he did that because he genuinely felt bad or because he was instructed to do so. If he and Darnell were called in to the diary room then I wouldn't be surprised if they told him to do so.

rex apologised yesterday. rex was talkin about repromanding TONIGHT.

Nice to see you missed the point.
    to be honest, that post was only to try wind u up, sorry! i get what ur saying. :)

to be honest, that post was only to try wind u up, sorry! i get what ur saying. :)
    Suuure you do.

kerash wrote: »
    I know that!

however Ann22 was saying that she didnt think he thought he was doing any harm.
    If Rex thought he was not doing any harm he would not have apologised.
    :)

No... I meant at the time he thought it was all harmless slagging. I think he was carried away with himself, thinking her reaction was funny and that he was just deadly with all his wisecracks, but when Darnell called her ugly in a serious way and that clearly upset Sara and later on the sofas when he was going on about her appearance I think that Rex realised the whole thing had gone too far. I think he expected Darnell to apologise after he did in the bedroom.

rex apologised yesterday. rex was talkin about repromanding TONIGHT.

That doesn't mean he wasn't given a word to the wise from BB bosses.

I'm talking about what was shown on tonights highlights, which would have been yesterday?
    I dont know what went on today - but it seems Rex apologised without prompt and to encourage Darnell to do likewise - he knew it went too far...

No... I meant at the time he thought it was all harmless slagging. I think he was carried away with himself, thinking her reaction was funny and that he was just deadly with all his wisecracks, but when Darnell called her ugly in a serious way and that clearly upset Sara and later on the sofas when he was going on about her appearance I think that Rex realised the whole thing had gone too far. I think he expected Darnell to apologise after he did in the bedroom.

Thats basically what I said in my previous post:)

that night no, he didnt go to the diary room. she was in there, came out, they went to bed, she cried out in the clothes corridor a bit, he apologised to her when she came out cos she had been crying.

When Sara was in the diary room she said something about Darnell getting to her but Rex didn't really. BB must've felt regardless that they'd have to do something about it as it's likely that a huge number of women in particular would find it offensive and would maybe be ringing up to complain.

• Advertisement

Oh , l hate having to defend Rex here , but he called Darnell on the incident about 2 seconds after Sara left
    the ashtray.
    l have given him credit already here tonight over this.
    For once IMO Rex stood up for what was right and defended Sara by saying Darnell had gone too far.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement