Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The post while you are watching thread.(Use SPOLIER tags during finale)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

What are you lads talking about, Rebecca?

Also, what reason do the producers have of showing more Rex than Rachel unless they think it'll be more entertaining. They are thinking about one thing and one thing only - money. That translates as viewers tuning in. They don't prefer Rex, they don't want him to win, they just think that more people will watch if they put him on the screen more often.

What other possibility is there?

I think it's far more interesting when he's on screen. Even the questions he asks everyone around the sofas are always ones you'd love to hear the answer. An example would be when he asked what people would do if they had to choose either Kat or Sara. He's just good to watch. But I understand how it must feel when he's on all the time for those who don't like him.

What are you lads talking about, Rebecca?
    Poor Jimmy must think we're mental!:D We were talking about a show meant to be starting on e4 about people in a Big Brother scenario while the world's been taken over by zombies.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Ann22 wrote: »
    I think it's far more interesting when he's on screen. Even the questions he asks everyone around the sofas are always ones you'd love to hear the answer. An example would be when he asked what people would do if they had to choose either Kat or Sara. He's just good to watch. But I understand how it must feel when he's on all the time for those who don't like him.
    what came into my head when watching that was that when they were leaving the diary room, they should have left one of them in the hallway, and pretended they'd been evicted to kat and rachel. thats what id have done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

I like zombies i do! :D That looks like it could be really interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Also, what reason do the producers have of showing more Rex than Rachel unless they think it'll be more entertaining. They are thinking about one thing and one thing only - money. That translates as viewers tuning in. They don't prefer Rex, they don't want him to win, they just think that more people will watch if they put him on the screen more often.

What other possibility is there?

The possibility that Channel 4 hope to work with Rex in the future and that they want him to do as well as possible, and even win?

He's been in nearly every blooming scene and it hasn't been entertaining unless him lying on his arse in bed is viewed as compelling TV. Where have the others been? Mikey has hardly been shown at all which I find very suspicious as he's the current favourite.

It's a disgrace I think and I agree with those on the DS forum who say it looks decidedly dodgy. We'll see how they edit his argument with Rachel now tomorrow. No doubt he'll be in 80% of the scenes and she'll be made to look bad.

• Advertisement

Just thinking there..If Kat goes tomorrow night, she's going to get some shock isn't she?! She'll be inconsolable. Feck!:( It won't be as much of a shock for poor Mo, he's not exactly brimming with confidence.

lol. darnell wouldnt get a look in with u on a paranoia competition mr nice guy :)

The possibility that Channel 4 hope to work with Rex in the future and that they want him to do as well as possible, and even win?

He's been in nearly every blooming scene and it hasn't been entertaining unless him lying on his arse in bed is viewed as compelling TV. Where have the others been? Mikey has hardly been shown at all which I find very suspicious as he's the current favourite.

It's a disgrace I think and I agree with those on the DS forum who say it looks decidedly dodgy. We'll see how they edit his argument with Rachel now tomorrow. No doubt he'll be in 80% of the scenes and she'll be made to look bad.

No matter what channel 4 do now for the remaining week, Rex is still and has been the most talked about character. I don't think he needs to win to be remembered. In fact i'd imagine the worse he looks now the more publicity it could well drum up for a show about him.

zuroph wrote: »
    lol. darnell wouldnt get a look in with u on a paranoia competition mr nice guy :)

Too funny :p

Rex for the WIN!

No matter what channel 4 do now for the remaining week, Rex is still and has been the most talked about character. I don't think he needs to win to be remembered. In fact i'd imagine the worse he looks now the more publicity it could well drum up for a show about him.

Ding, Ding, Ding Ann talks sense again! :)

• Advertisement

Looking forward to anti rex peoples posts when rachel wins trying to get a rise out of us rex fans. we know he probably wont win, but he's our favourite. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

That's a good point and I forgot about the whole chef thing, so yea a valid point that they might want to work with him in the future but would they do it if it was at the expense of their biggest show? I doubt it, I don't think they would cut out more entertaining clips and put Rex on more often so they can have another celebrity chef show.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not denying that they are showing more of Rex, just that they deem it to be beneficial for them because it'll get more viewers. I think there would be enough of Rex without them showing extra bits to work with him in the future, ye know? Editing him in a postive light does help your argument, but I don't think they do that too much, there is a lot of negative Rex stuff shown.

zuroph wrote: »
    Looking forward to anti rex peoples posts when rachel wins trying to get a rise out of us rex fans. we know he probably wont win, but he's our favourite. :)

Dont be so pessimistic just yet you never know whats gonna happen!

Ann22 wrote:
    Just thinking there..If Kat goes tomorrow night, she's going to get some shock isn't she?! She'll be inconsolable. Feck!:( It won't be as much of a shock for poor Mo, he's not exactly brimming with confidence.

I feel sorry for her. I hink she's going to be booed very abdly and I don't think she deserves that. Especially considering Bex and Luke got pretty decent reactions considering what they did.

Charley was the most talked about character last year and Jade Goody was more talked about than Shilpa Shetty in the celebrity version. Not always a good thing Ann.
    zuroph wrote:
    lol. darnell wouldnt get a look in with u on a paranoia competition mr nice guy:)

Yeah, yeah mate but deep down you know it's a bit fishy. ;)

Ding, Ding, Ding Ann talks sense again! :)

Ta.:) When you think about it the more notorious a person is the more interest is generated. Showing Rex in a bad light would be brill publicity for a show about a chef where people will tune in to hear him givin' out f*ck left, right and centre but yet can be very funny-great entertainment. Past winners who were nicey nice didn't really go on to successful tv careers.

most of the rex stuff they show is negative, they even dragged him into the darnell sara thing A LOT more than he was actually involved.

If Kat goes and gets booed its gonna be by those Rachel fans who feel that she done her a disservice somehow.

(well a good portion)

That's a good point and I forgot about the whole chef thing, so yea a valid point that they might want to work with him in the future but would they do it if it was at the expense of their biggest show? I doubt it, I don't think they would cut out more entertaining clips and put Rex on more often so they can have another celebrity chef show.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not denying that they are showing more of Rex, just that they deem it to be beneficial for them because it'll get more viewers. I think there would be enough of Rex without them showing extra bits to work with him in the future, ye know? Editing him in a postive light does help your argument, but I don't think they do that too much, there is a lot of negative Rex stuff shown.

Well someone commented yesterday on this thread that there was a lot of Rex shown, may have been Ann I don't know, but while I agreed there ws I didn't think enough of that theory to comment on it. Then Monday's episode the guy was everywhere and I thought 'Hang on'. I know there's a difficulty in getting a good balance of everyone but it seems to be very much one-sided in favour of him.
    If Kat goes and gets booed its gonna be by those Rachel fans who feel that she done her a disservice somehow.

(well a good portion)

I don't think Rachel fans would boo Kat at all. I'd say it would be more like the people who favoured Bex, Luke etc. who seem to be a sizeable portion of those crowds.

I feel sorry for her. I hink she's going to be booed very abdly and I don't think she deserves that. Especially considering Bex and Luke got pretty decent reactions considering what they did.
    I agree, she may be annoying but overall not a bad person.
    Charley was the most talked about character last year and Jade Goody was more talked about than Shilpa Shetty in the celebrity version. Not always a good thing Ann.
    I couldn't bear Charley:mad: or Jade:mad:. I can't see Rex in the same light at all. I really liked Shilpa-a real lady

Ta.:) When you think about it the more notorious a person is the more interest is generated. Showing Rex in a bad light would be brill publicity for a show about a chef where people will tune in to hear him givin' out f*ck left, right and centre but yet can be very funny-great entertainment. Past winners who were nicey nice didn't really go on to successful tv careers.

Eh dont they have that kind of chef already? Gordon Ramsey i think he has that roll locked right up and nobody can take that.

Yeah your right not alot of winners do the best out of it, one winner thou he was a genuinely nice guy was Craig and he did good out of it. Kate didnt do too bad either!

Then there are some housemates who didnt win and done good i.e John Tickle :D

• Advertisement

mikeys been sitting back doing very little this week. seems pretty cranky. darnell has been having blow ups, all shown. sara got involved with darnell, shown. rex had a lot of conversation. mo slept. not hard to explain the camera time when they're tryin to fill an hour show every day, and he's one of the few leading conversations worthy of tv time.

Well someone commented yesterday on this thread that there was a lot of Rex shown, may have been Ann I don't know, but while I agreed there ws I didn't think enough of that theory to comment on it. Then Monday's episode the guy was everywhere and I thought 'Hang on'. I know there's a difficulty in getting a good balance of everyone but it seems to be very much one-sided in favour of him.

Yea I'm not disagreeing there, just that the producers are doing it for themselves, i.e. they want to make money. As I said, I don't think the prospect of having "The Rex Word" show needs to be boosted by showing extra Rex. I think if they edited everyone equally you would still see the same personality and they would still be able to work with him. Also the fact that most of the interesting discussions are started by Rex's probing... he's usually at the center of most things in the house.

I don't think Rachel fans would boo Kat at all. I'd say it would be more like the people who favoured Bex, Luke etc. who seem to be a sizeable portion of those crowds.

There has been a big shift in the way Kat was viewed after the face to face nominations all because supposeably of the "evil eye" she gave Rachel and reading some peoples post here and on DS and whatnot with regards Kat after that they dont seem to like her now.

I had my doubts from the beginning about Kat as she appears to be overacting. At times she comes across as simple and innocent, then other times she gives such down to earth advice and is so observant. The singing, cookie love, happy house sh*te and stuff is immensely irritating but I still wouldn't like to see the little munchkin being booed.:o

I would absolutely love to see Kat or Darnell get booed. They're the most likely not to handle it well. Darnell'll probably top himself and kat will at the very least break down into tears... that or go into fit of rage and start loafing crowd members.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/49492/BIG-BRO-S-BIG-BANG/ Anyone else seen this?

If they are right it should be good TV.:)

interesting. although, very lousy on Mo, remember the whole fuss alex made about him crossdressing and being a muslim?!

Forgotton about that.
    Mikey would be in his element though:D
    But l do hope he won't go tonight.
    Don't think Rex would take it too well but l can't see him going either.
    :eek:Darnell would go into meltdown.:D

gonna go out on limb and say mo and kat. at most mo and darnell.

• Advertisement

Mo and Darnell for me.
    As long as people who can vote remember they are voting to save.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement