Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The post while you are watching thread.(Use SPOLIER tags during finale)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

On the thought of Mikey winning, personally I'd be fine with that. He's been involved in plenty of funny moments, (the chilli one was my favourite), he stood up to Nicorex when they were at their most horrible and he has never once used his disability to curry favour with people. As someone else said as well he'd really do well with the money.

I'm still rooting for my girl Rachey wachey but would not begrudge a Mikey victory.
    Caderyn wrote:
    Yes you do! He says "you're my favourites" to at least ten of the acts every week! :P

Haha you got me there. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

i understand he can have his fans, i just think itd be unfair for him to win seeing as on all fan polls he isnt polling nearly as well, and will get a lot of votes just cos he's from scotland.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Yawn. I'm going to bed. Enough Big Brother, I have to be up in 5 hours!
    Night all! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

just watching the highlights on youtube and I know MNG is gonna rape me for this but Rachel is absolutely insufferable. I can't watch her. I don't understand what anyone gets from her, she's just 100% annoying all the time. She's talking about disney characters now and I just want to punch the screen she's such a retard!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

zuroph wrote: »
    i understand he can have his fans, i just think itd be unfair for him to win seeing as on all fan polls he isnt polling nearly as well, and will get a lot of votes just cos he's from scotland.
    The only poll that matters is the one where people ring in and vote for who they want to win. All of the polls here and elsewhere are pointless.

People can vote all they want on these polls but if they're not ringing in for who they want to win then it doesn't matter a toss. Plus you can only vote once on most of these polls, Mikey may not get as many individuals voting on them for example, but the people voting may vote early and vote often, as the saying goes.

Some of the stuff that people come out with on this forum beggars belief, it really does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Amz wrote: »
    The only poll that matters is the one where people ring in and vote for who they want to win.

unless its rigged:eek:;)
    All of the polls here and elsewhere are pointless.

The point of the polls on here is to see what the boards voters would do. We've no other way of having our say...

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

just watching the highlights on youtube and I know MNG is gonna rape me for this but Rachel is absolutely insufferable. I can't watch her. I don't understand what anyone gets from her, she's just 100% annoying all the time. She's talking about disney characters now and I just want to punch the screen she's such a retard!

I don't know why she could provoke such a negative reaction from you to be honest. She's a lovely girl and I think the Disney stuff is just the latest way they are having a pop at her. I thought Mikey dispelled the Disney nonsense about her really well on the highlights show.

I can't understand how people could actually favour a bullying control freak like Rex who has had to have warnings about his behaviour, over a girl who has tried to do the right thing the whole way through the series and often had to suffer so much crap just for doing that.

Shouldn't good triumph over evil at the end of the day? You know it makes sense. Rachel to win. :cool:

I'm off to my leaba anyway. Hopefully tomorrow I'll discover Rex's head got so big during the night that he floated off into the atmosphere and is now off the show. :)

I don't know why she could provoke such a negative reaction from you to be honest. She's a lovely girl and I think the Disney stuff is just the latest way they are having a pop at her. I thought Mikey dispelled the Disney nonsense about her really well on the highlights show.

I can't understand how people could actually favour a bullying control freak like Rex who has had to have warnings about his behaviour, over a girl who has tried to do the right thing the whole way through the series and often had to suffer so much crap just for doing that.

Shouldn't good triumph over evil at the end of the day? You know it makes sense. Rachel to win. :cool:

I'm off to my leaba anyway. Hopefully tomorrow I'll discover Rex's head got so big during the night that he floated off into the atmosphere and is now off the show. :)
    rex to win ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

It's like this MNG if they want to recover from tonights bullsh1t, Rachel needs to win.
    If they want to take píss totally, let Rex win it to hell.

/kerash still angry

The reason she provokes such a negative reaction from me is because she's so over-the-top child-like/positive it's annoying. By the Disney stuff, I wasn't referring to anything other then when she was talking in the diary room about it.

I don't give a **** if she tries to do the right thing, if everybody in the big brother house tried to do the right thing all the time you'd be a lunatic to watch it! So I'm not gonna accept that as a positive point.

• Advertisement

Kat getting evicted was so funny! Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Was out playing some poker so have alot of catching up to do with regards this thread but i did watch the show, very interesting.

MNG your ranting about Rex in every shot is starting to become unbearable i did find it funny for a bit but now its just becoming boring somebody pointed out i cant remember who with so few in the house people are going to pop up alot more.

I think Rex's reaction to the evictions was pure and utter shock no malice no game plan he did seem genuinely upset by it.

I actually did feel really bad for Mo when he got evicted the poor chap just looked absolutely heartbroken :( i hope everything works out ok for him. Im kinda shocked at the whole turn the other cheek about spitgat and not mention it, i thought for a sec at the end of the interview when she said she had one more thing that she was going to bring it up but no :rolleyes:

Moving on to Kat wow what an eviction that was rough poor girl, i did kinda smirk for a sec when she said "dont evict anymore of my friends" and then got the boot.

Well I'de say Mo would be the last person who'd want to re-visit the spitting incident on national television.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

They are not going to discuss the spitting incident as it is the subject of a police investigation and could be sub judice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

see dirk on the e4 show, saving himself from just being sexist by nailing kat personalitys, she really needs to act her age.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

Kat : No Big brother, please don't take any more my frens away.

Followed 2 seconds later by Kats name being called.

You'd need a heart of stone not to burst yourself laughing.

LOL it was hilarious, as was the rest of the housemates reaction. was laughing at her all the way until the doors opened, then i felt really sorry for her, i didnt think shed get booed at all.

she annoyed me in the interview though, so completely fake & all put on. overall, glad shes gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

sar84 wrote: »
    LOL it was hilarious, as was the rest of the housemates reaction. was laughing at her all the way until the doors opened, then i felt really sorry for her, i didnt think shed get booed at all.

she annoyed me in the interview though, so completely fake & all put on. overall, glad shes gone!

Similar thoughts to that ... really was delighted to hear her name called out. Although I wanted her gone, I didn't think she would go. Meself & herself laughed heartily as she was going up the stairs shouting her 'happy house' rubbish and ROARING crying!

For a second I felt a bit sorry for her when I heard the boos.. but to be honest, I just thought, tough sh1t, you brought it on yourself.

The interview then reinforced my dislike for her immediately.

Somebody also mentioned Rex's reaction... If you look at it again, you'll see his face drop... he was completely shocked. As somebody else mentioned, the hint of a smile may have been a slight nervous reaction.

I don't understand how the HM's like her so much ... If I had to live with her I think I would have cracked up.

Rex to win... would be happy for Mikey too if he got it... he is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

DS:

Darnell told Mikey today that most of the housemates who say they want him to win are only trying to appear "cool".

He said if Mikey was sighted and behaved as he had, he would have been ousted from the house long before now.

Sitting in the garden, Darnell said: "The conversation is who do you want to win. Most of the housemates say you, and I always say I don’t understand that because the same housemates who say this don’t even know you. They haven’t spent any time with you so I don’t understand."

"I feel like they say you because it makes them look cool, it makes them look better."

Rachel said housemates like Mikey because of his humour and honesty. However, Darnell said if Mikey were to win it should be because people got to know him and not because he is blind.

Mikey told Darnell not to put his own insecurities on to him, adding that he was the same person before he lost his sight.

"If you were sighted and you acted as you have, you would be gone," Darnell said. "I think there is a double standard."

What is this guys problem , instead of being happy that he is in the final , he's putting Mikey down.:(
    Hope he goes first on Friday.

What is this guys problem , instead of being happy that he is in the final , he's putting Mikey down.:(
    Hope he goes first on Friday.

I predict HUGE boos. while i wouldnt wish that on anyone, darnell probably deserves it for acting like such an a**hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Sharp... I do agree ome of what Darnell said, I also think if Mikey was sighted that he would have been up for nomination by now. I think at the start no one wanted to be seen to "nominate the blind guy" so he escaped the early stages. Since then, granted, we have seen some of his humour etc... and he can be very very funny. But he has a somewhat sleezy side to him and I think this would have seen him nominated all things being equal. I do think he is good in how he stands up to Rex etc but I think his disability enabled him to do this from the start and not be victimised for it... we'll never know if this was because of his blindness or if the others didn't want to take him on for some other reason.

So IMO some merit in what Darnell said.... can't believe I actually agreed with Darnell!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Can't see it myself , don't think there was anyone in there that wouldn't have voted Mikey just because he is blind. lf someone gets on your nerves or annoys you and you are stuck with them 24/7 and the only way to escape from them is to nominate them , then nominate you will. See it for what it is , Darnell's Chip on his shoulder getting increasingly bigger by the day.
    l could be wrong but l think that Darnell thought he would be the one to stand out in there because of his Albinism and was rather put out by Mikey.
    As Mikey said to Darnell " Dont put your own insecurities
    on me "
    Mikey does not go around complaining about his life , yet that's All Darnell has done since he arrived in there.
    :pac:

As Mikey said to Darnell " Dont put your own insecurities
    on me "
    Mikey does not go around complaining about his life , yet that's All Darnell has done since he arrived in there.
    :pac:

Thats a very good point. i dont think i remember mikey ever moaning about his life. he answers questions if the others ask but even then i dont recall him ever complaining.

he is far worse off than darnell, but doesnt seem to feel sorry for himself in the slightest, while darnells attitude to everything is based around "poor poor me".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Mikey defo would have been up and possible gone if hes wasnt blind imo, he depresses the siht out of me. Rachel and Sara do nothing and dont deserve to win. For entertainment value alone Rex should win but most of the people who like him wont vote so it seems unlikely he will.

sar84 wrote: »
    Thats a very good point. i dont think i remember mikey ever moaning about his life. he answers questions if the others ask but even then i dont recall him ever complaining.

he is far worse off than darnell, but doesnt seem to feel sorry for himself in the slightest, while darnells attitude to everything is based around "poor poor me".
    Who are you to judge which of them is better, or less well off?

That's a genuine question by the way, all you know about these people is what you've seen on TV or read elsewhere.

Mikey at least was fully sighted at one point, Darnell never had full sight. He's stuck in the middle, he has some sight which means he can do a lot of things, but yet his visual impairment means he's restricted from so many other things. He'll never drive, he'll never get to have the same career options fully sighted people have. People expect Darnell, because he has some sight, to be able to do everything a fully sighted person can do, they don't allow him the same leeway they do Mikey. With Mikey people have more of an understanding of what it means to be blind, they just know that he can't see anything, with Darnell it's not as clear cut as that. Obviously it's perferable to have some sight to no sight, but partial sight has huge, huge implications that blind persons don't have to deal with.

Also consider the cultural and racial issues Darnell has faced, being a black man with albinism. Never really fitting in. Apart from his blindness there is nothing else "remarkable" about Mikey. People with albinism always stand out, there are huge cultural implications and it's not an easy thing to hide. It's one of the few conditions that it is societally acceptable to continue to mock and poke fun at. It's continuously ridiculed in the media and there doesn't seem to be any end to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

I'm not so sure! I think mikey has fans because of his personality with all the crazy stuff he comes out with-it is pretty funny! I think people wouldn't vote him out because he's blind and they'd feel guilty but i do think people who vote for him genuinely like the guy

totally agree with darnell here, Mikey would have been gone if he wasnt blind. partly cos i think he'd have been even sleazier!

those who arent in agreement with darnell, imagine someone else had said it to him. then think about the message in it.

I was trying to work out earlier who kat WANTED to go in the second nomination. she said "dont take any more of my friends".. so that would only leave sara and mikey really would it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

zuroph wrote: »
    totally agree with darnell here, Mikey would have been gone if he wasnt blind. partly cos i think he'd have been even sleazier!

those who arent in agreement with darnell, imagine someone else had said it to him. then think about the message in it.

I was trying to work out earlier who kat WANTED to go in the second nomination. she said "dont take any more of my friends".. so that would only leave sara and mikey really would it?!

There is nobody else in there other than Rex and Darnell who would say that to him, so which ever one would say it it would just get thrown back with some crazy remark about them dislikeing Mikey and game playing :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Good post Amz, and agree with nearly everything except this:
    Amz wrote: »
    Apart from his blindness there is nothing else "remarkable" about Mikey.

In fairness, Mikey's personality would come first on the list of "remarkable" things about him. He has a brilliant personality, apart from maybe being a bit sleazy sometimes.

Good post Amz, and agree with nearly everything except this:

In fairness, Mikey's personality would come first on the list of "remarkable" things about him. He has a brilliant personality, apart from maybe being a bit sleazy sometimes.
    Well, what I meant by that is, you don't look at him and remark about anything noticable, even his blindness isn't immediately obvious. You wouldn't see him and "remark" on his personality, would you?

For the first few weeks people complained that he slept a lot and was boring.

• Advertisement

i really dont like mikeys personality one bit. he's a bit hypocritical, cranky, loud, brash,not to mention sleazy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement