Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The post while you are watching thread.(Use SPOLIER tags during finale)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Was out playing some poker so have alot of catching up to do with regards this thread but i did watch the show, very interesting.

MNG your ranting about Rex in every shot is starting to become unbearable i did find it funny for a bit but now its just becoming boring somebody pointed out i cant remember who with so few in the house people are going to pop up alot more.

I think Rex's reaction to the evictions was pure and utter shock no malice no game plan he did seem genuinely upset by it.

Bad night at the poker tyler?

Rex's response was interesting and plenty of people commented on it.

Stop getting your knickers in a twist every time a comment is made on the man that you don't like. You got into a huff at the thought of your Rexisms thread containing anything remotely negative on the guy but you can't shut people up on other threads. People are entitled to give a wide range of opinions so stop trying to drown out anything critical of the guy. Thanks.

It's nearly over now so let's all try and get along shall we? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

Amz wrote: »
    Who are you to judge which of them is better, or less well off?

That's a genuine question by the way, all you know about these people is what you've seen on TV or read elsewhere.

Mikey at least was fully sighted at one point, Darnell never had full sight. He's stuck in the middle, he has some sight which means he can do a lot of things, but yet his visual impairment means he's restricted from so many other things. He'll never drive, he'll never get to have the same career options fully sighted people have. People expect Darnell, because he has some sight, to be able to do everything a fully sighted person can do, they don't allow him the same leeway they do Mikey. With Mikey people have more of an understanding of what it means to be blind, they just know that he can't see anything, with Darnell it's not as clear cut as that. Obviously it's perferable to have some sight to no sight, but partial sight has huge, huge implications that blind persons don't have to deal with.

Also consider the cultural and racial issues Darnell has faced, being a black man with albinism. Never really fitting in. Apart from his blindness there is nothing else "remarkable" about Mikey. People with albinism always stand out, there are huge cultural implications and it's not an easy thing to hide. It's one of the few conditions that it is societally acceptable to continue to mock and poke fun at. It's continuously ridiculed in the media and there doesn't seem to be any end to it.

thats fair enough, i see your point. i didnt mean to be judgemental. i was looking at it simply as partially sighted v's blind. yes i was generalising it, but probably because im sick of darnell :P

i dont like either of them anyway tbh..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Stop getting your knickers in a twist every time a comment is made on the man that you don't like. You got into a huff at the thought of your Rexisms thread containing anything remotely negative on the guy but you can't shut people up on other threads. People are entitled to give a wide range of opinions so stop trying to drown out anything critical of the guy. Thanks.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

rexs immediate reaction was "****!", he couldnt believe she was going. no need to read so much into a smile, just because other people commented on it doesnt mean its not paranoid.

on LF they're getting to watch the cops and robbers episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

zuroph wrote: »
    on LF they're getting to watch the cops and robbers episode.
    Did they get to choose or did BB choose it?

lt's ok , just found out.:)

they were offered the opening episode, the 7th episode, or this.
    this was the only one with sara in it, so they settled on this. rex wanted to see the entries, and joked that he would pick that one when he returned to the diary room to tell them which episode they wanted. This was clearly a bullying attack on Sara, and he should be removed from the house, c@#t! ;)

You just know it's coming.:D

Paddy Power on BBLB :

Darnell now 20/1
    Mikey now 4/5
    Rachel now 3/1
    Rex now 8/1
    Sara now 5/1.

rexs immediate reaction was "****!", he couldnt believe she was going. no need to read so much into a smile, just because other people commented on it doesnt mean its not paranoid.

The fact other people commented on it means it's worthy of discussion.

Because some people cannot view a certain HM in an objective manner does not mean they should have the right to silence those they disagree with.

• Advertisement

what not objective about what i said there?! I described how he reacted. you read into his reaction with a negative outcome. fact is you dont know what he was thinking there, but u decided he meant it in a bad way, because it suits ur dislike of him. so the bit where he says "****" and looked genuinely shocked was the acting bit then?

what not objective about what i said there?! I described how he reacted. you read into his reaction with a negative outcome. fact is you dont know what he was thinking there, but u decided he meant it in a bad way, because it suits ur dislike of him. so the bit where he says "****" and looked genuinely shocked was the acting bit then?

So smiling at a fellow HM and rival being evicted is not a negative reaction?

I stated at the time that it could have been simply a nervous reaction on his part but that judging by the way he has behaved in the house (ie looking out for his own arse) that I doubted it.

If I wanted to find negatives about the guy I could do better than a sly little smile as you well know.

You are the one who in the past has justified EVERYTHING he has done INCLUDING his selfish behaviour so it's a bit laughable to hear you go to yet more great lengths to defend him.

He's been misunderstood yet again right? :rolleyes:

C4 Website:

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/news/newsstory.jsp?id=15711&position=27

Rex's face is a picture when he hears the " She look's common " comment. Lucky for those two they are not still in the house.:D

Cripes, Kat went to town impersonating Darnell.:eek::D

Darnell decided to impersonate Michael Jackson instead of Kat. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Rex For The Win :D

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭niallk

Rex can barely keep the smile off his face at Katrea's eviction. Gas stuff.

niallk wrote: »
    Rex can barely keep the smile off his face at Katrea's eviction. Gas stuff.

Careful saying that you might get slaughtered on this forum.

Saying what? I'm saying what I saw. Rex is obviously delighted to see Katrea go as I was. She is an emotional mess.

So smiling at a fellow HM and rival being evicted is not a negative reaction?

I stated at the time that it could have been simply a nervous reaction on his part but that judging by the way he has behaved in the house (ie looking out for his own arse) that I doubted it.

If I wanted to find negatives about the guy I could do better than a sly little smile as you well know.

You are the one who in the past has justified EVERYTHING he has done INCLUDING his selfish behaviour so it's a bit laughable to hear you go to yet more great lengths to defend him.

He's been misunderstood yet again right? :rolleyes:
    b0ll0x. i presume u just watched it, he was putting on his shoes, he was shocked she was going. he couldnt believe it.

• Advertisement

Sometimes we could do with 8.gif MNG:D

Saying what? I'm saying what I saw. Rex is obviously delighted to see Katrea go as I was. She is an emotional mess.

I know. I said the same myself last night and I got slaughtered by Rex supporters on this board. I'm agreeing with you.
    zuroph wrote:
    b0ll0x. i presume u just watched it, he was putting on his shoes, he was shocked she was going. he couldnt believe it.

Yeah shock my arse. I watched it again and he looked like he was loving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Mr Nice Guy above anybody you totally get your knickers in a twist whenever anyone gives out about Rachel. Call me Jimmy said a few pages back that he didn't like her and you jumped in straight away standing up for her as you always do, then started giving out about Rex. I didn't know why, nobody said anything about him. There are more housemates than Rachel and Rex in there.

Rex is a pr*ck but he's one of my favourites. Doesn't mean I'm gonna defend him whilst he acts the pr*ck. Darnell is my favourite and he can be a complete arse too. Don't defend bad actions just because you like the person performing them!

Funny thing is Rex was the one HM that Rachel wanted to hug , she invited him into the group hug and when it broke apart she went straight into his arms.:):pac:

Ann22 wrote: »
    Mr Nice Guy above anybody you totally get your knickers in a twist whenever anyone gives out about Rachel. Someone said a few pages back that they didn't like her and you jumped in straight away standing up for her as you always do, then started giving out about Rex. I didn't know why, nobody said anything about him. There are more housemates than Rachel and Rex in there.

With respect Ann, that's bollocks. There have plenty of critical comments about Rachel that I have not responded to. Check the poll thread and you'll see that.

Rex is seen as untouchable by many of his die-hard fans on this board. FACT. So much so that when I went into the Rexisms thread and posted quotes laughing at his expense I was essentially told to piss off.

You ought to remove your rose-tinted spectacles.

Rex is a pr*ck but he's one of my favourites. Doesn't mean I'm gonna defend him whilst he acts the pr*ck. Darnell is my favourite and he can be a complete arse too. Don't defend bad actions just because you like the person performing them!

That's a good point. I don't defend Rex's bad actions, when I see them as bad. He has been out of order at times but the vast majority of times he is joking but some people lack the type of sense of humour that 'gets' him. Most of the housemates do get him. Mikey may not but he's at a distinct advantage as he is unable to see a facial expression or a glint of amusement in the eye. Rex doesn't have a very expressive voice either which doesn't help.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Rex was quite clearly shocked that Kat was going, and her and him got on well etc.

He gets over it quick though - he realised theres no point in crying about it with 3 days left.

He also has an unfortunate tendancy to laugh in a crisis moment, qv when Nicole got booed leaving he also started laughing.

Interesting that for someone who has apparently been getting a favourable edit to hide his excessive bullying, that very few of the evicted housemates have a bad word to say about him.
    Maybe C4 have actually been giving him a bad edit all along. :D

Interesting that for someone who has apparently been getting a favourable edit to hide his excessive bullying, that very few of the evicted housemates have a bad word to say about him.
    Maybe C4 have actually been giving him a bad edit all along. :D

Lisa actually said in an interview after being evicted that she felt he and Darnell ought to have been removed from the show for their bullying of Sara.

• Advertisement

With respect Ann, that's bollocks. There have plenty of critical comments about Rachel that I have not responded to. Check the poll thread and you'll see that.

Rex is seen as untouchable by many of his die-hard fans on this board. FACT. So much so that when I went into the Rexisms thread and posted quotes laughing at his expense I was essentially told to piss off.

You ought to remove your rose-tinted spectacles.

I stand by what i said. I've never read any posts as biased as yours. Your hatred for Rex is in a league of it's own. You refuse to see any of his comments as light hearted. There has been a couple of Rex fans who have supported him where I've felt in some cases I wouldn't have but the vast majority of people who like him post negative comments the odd time about him as I do. You go mad when anyone expresses a negative opinion on Rachel. There are a couple of threads on Ds where people find it hard to take to her, a lot feel as I do. However I wouldn't bother going over and quoting endless comments on other forums to prove my point. Ps and I don't speak bollox. If Rex said that to Rachel, you'd blow your top.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement