Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The post while you are watching thread.(Use SPOLIER tags during finale)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Lisa actually said in an interview after being evicted that she felt he and Darnell ought to have been removed from the show for their bullying of Sara.
    Oh really?-and we all know what a tower of sense Lisa is. Wasn't it Lisa that said Rachel was flirting like mad with Mario.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Ann22 wrote: »
    I stand by what i said.

Good for you, Ann. Why let facts get in the way of a good rant. ;)
    Ann22 wrote:
    I've never read any posts as biased as yours.

Well then you obviously haven't tried very hard!
    Ann22 wrote:
    Your hatred for Rex is in a league of it's own. You refuse to see any of his comments as light hearted. There has been a couple of Rex fans who have supported him where I've felt in some cases I wouldn't have but the vast majority of people who like him post negative comments the odd time about him as I do. You go mad when anyone expresses a negative opinion on Rachel. There are a couple of threads on Ds where people find it hard to take to her, a lot feel as I do. However I wouldn't bother going over and quoting endless comments on other forums to prove my point. Ps and I don't speak bollox. If Rex said that to Rachel, you'd blow your top.

No Ann you are speaking bollocks. You have a problem with me seeing a BULLY in a negative light? An arrogant, self-centred control freak who has been WARNED TWICE about his behaviour? Well I am so sorry for that Ann!

You should try and see the different sides of the man. I liked him a lot in the early weeks but grew tired of the way he treated women and his arrogance. I make no apology for finding fault with his shocking behaviour. If Rachel treated people the way Rex does I would not be backing her to win.
    Ann22 wrote:
    Oh really?-and we all know what a tower of sense Lisa is. Wasn't it Lisa that said Rachel was flirting like mad with Mario.

And? Does that mean everything she says is wrong? Oh wait in the world of Rex fans, it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Seriously if anyone should have the hump with Rex it should be Rachel and Sara , and neither of them ever seem to hold a bad thought about him.And Ann is right about Mikey not being able to see a glint in the eye or a facial expression and so doesn't get along with Rex.
    l think if Mikey could observe like the rest he would probably get along with him.
    l hate Rex when he is putting people down and it goes to show that money can't buy you manners , but even l GET his Rexisims.
    l still want Rachel to win though and if not Mikey.

Well sharpshooter perhaps Rachel and Sara are too nice for their own good (see I can be critical of Rachel!)

I also think it's a bit patronising to suggest that Mikey simply dislikes Rex because he can't see his facial expressions. Bloody hell that's a gem if ever I heard one.

You obviously haven't absorbed what i've said. I have seen other sides to him and have clearly said so. He's a human being with bad and good sides. Some see a likeability about him that you can be mad with him and after a few days it's easy to forgive. It's clear by the way the majority of hms feel the same way. Get over the fact that not everyone agrees with you. End of story.

• Advertisement

Ann22 wrote: »
    You obviously haven't absorbed what i've said. I have seen other sides to him and have clearly said so. He's a human being with bad and good sides. Some see a likeability about him that you can be mad with him and after a few days it's easy to forgive. It's clear by the way the majority of hms feel the same way. Get over the fact that not everyone agrees with you. End of story.

Uh Ann I am the one encouraging discussion (like when I brought up Rex's smile). Others have been trying to silence discussion of anything critical of the guy. I think you're the one not absorbing what has been said. :pac:

People should be entitled to speak their mind.

Uh Ann I am the one encouraging discussion (like when I brought up Rex's smile). Others have been trying to silence discussion of anything critical of the guy. I think you're the one not absorbing what has been said. :pac:

People should be entitled to speak their mind.
    People are disagreeing that he was smirking, not silencing the discussion. As for Tyler's thread on 'Rexisms' I can't understand why you can't get the fact that it was set up for an enjoyable read not for giving out about him. Every housemate has a fan base and folk that dislike them. There's no need to get so wound up in dislike for a housemate that you're driven to insult their defenders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 TheSpoon

MNG, are you watching the same programme as everyone else on this forum? I just hit it by chance and having watched every minute of BB it is obvious you are on a different planet or something.

P.S. learn some manners!! you are speaking to fellow human beings. :eek::eek:

Well sharpshooter perhaps Rachel and Sara are too nice for their own good (see I can be critical of Rachel!)

I also think it's a bit patronising to suggest that Mikey simply dislikes Rex because he can't see his facial expressions. Bloody hell that's a gem if ever I heard one.

l am not being patronising at all , Rex's voice is almost on the same level all the time , so if you can't see him
    it would be hard to tell if he was serious or not.
    Mikey speaks his mind and tells it like he feels it to be ,
    but everyone apart from Mikey seem to like Rex in there
    even the people who we think shouldn't. l am not explaining it very well but yes l do think Mikey misses out on quite a bit by not being able to see not just Rex's face but the faces of the other HMs when some of the things are being said.
    Saying Rachel and Sara are too nice for their own good is not being critical at all though , is it.:pac::)

TheSpoon wrote: »
    MNG, are you watching the same programme as everyone else on this forum? I just hit it by chance and having watched every minute of BB it is obvious you are on a different planet or something.

P.S. learn some manners!! you are speaking to fellow human beings. :eek::eek:

:rolleyes: Nice name btw.

ss,

I think you give Rex too much credit. Not everything he has said or done has been done with so-called humourous comments. For example, when he failed to give Mikey help in the dance task and he and Nicole yelled at him, when he made Mikey turn the sausuages, when he had his pops at Rachel and Sara.

Mikey didn't need eyes for that, just his ears and he heard it all too well. :cool:

People seem to have short memories when it comes to this guy's behaviour. Maybe if the Rexisms thread allowed more balanced quotes others on the forum would have a different outlook on him. :)

• Advertisement

:rolleyes: Nice name btw.

ss,

I think you give Rex too much credit. Not everything he has said or done has been done with so-called humorous comments. For example, when he failed to give Mikey help in the dance task and he and Nicole yelled at him, when he made Mikey turn the sausages, when he had his pops at Rachel and Sara.

Mikey didn't need eyes for that, just his ears and he heard it all too well. :cool:

People seem to have short memories when it comes to this guy's behaviour. Maybe if the Rexisms thread allowed more balanced quotes others on the forum would have a different outlook on him. :)

As l said l was talking about Rex and the way people perceive him in the house.
    l have posted many times my thoughts on the HOT sausages , and was told on this forum that they were not hot at all and l have disagreed with that comment.
    lt was a disgrace that they expected him to shake the pan and when he said no , Nicole told him to bring them over to her. l don't have a short memory just the ability to see all facets of a person.
    My point was everyone else left in the house seems to like him apart from Mikey and they are living with him 24/7.
    Again l don't like the guy but l can see other peoples points of view and respect their right to post them .

Yes and you were also the one who posted the spitting clip involving Nicole. Rather you than me. :)

I respect other people's points of view too and don't get in a huff over things said about HMs I like (Rachel, Mikey). We're not all going to agree on people and that's the point of the show.

It bothers me though when people effectively put their hands over their ears over certain matters and decide to attack the poster and not the post.

Sure in a week no one will give a sh*t anyway.

Yes and you were also the one who posted the spitting clip involving Nicole. Rather you than me. :)

I respect other people's points of view too and don't get in a huff over things said about HMs I like (Rachel, Mikey). We're not all going to agree on people and that's the point of the show.

It bothers me though when people effectively put their hands over their ears over certain matters and decide to attack the poster and not the post.

Ah crap , just when l had called in Jack Buer cause l was all but giving up.
    2.gif:D:P:D

Ah crap , just when l had called in Jack Buer cause l was all but giving up.
    2.gif:D:P:D

Your collection of smileys gets even more impressive. :eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

niallk wrote: »
    Rex is a pr*ck but he's one of my favourites. Doesn't mean I'm gonna defend him whilst he acts the pr*ck. Darnell is my favourite and he can be a complete arse too. Don't defend bad actions just because you like the person performing them!

You make a good point sir. Ive not had blinkers on to what has gone on in the house if i think something is out of line i have said so i dont sit on the fence i like to get stuck into a good debate.
    With respect Ann, that's bollocks. There have plenty of critical comments about Rachel that I have not responded to. Check the poll thread and you'll see that.

Rex is seen as untouchable by many of his die-hard fans on this board. FACT. So much so that when I went into the Rexisms thread and posted quotes laughing at his expense I was essentially told to piss off.

You ought to remove your rose-tinted spectacles.

Dramatic much :rolleyes:

roflcopter.gif

Seriously if anyone should have the hump with Rex it should be Rachel and Sara , and neither of them ever seem to hold a bad thought about him.And Ann is right about Mikey not being able to see a glint in the eye or a facial expression and so doesn't get along with Rex.
    l think if Mikey could observe like the rest he would probably get along with him.
    l hate Rex when he is putting people down and it goes to show that money can't buy you manners , but even l GET his Rexisims.
    l still want Rachel to win though and if not Mikey.

That crazy because i had just said this to another person thought although you are a Rachel fan you get the whole idea of the Rexisms and whatnot :D

l do find him funny even though l don't like him , it is the other aspect of his personality that l can't take to.

Dramatic much :rolleyes:

roflcopter.gif

Impressive roflcopter! sharpshooter you have just been outdone! :D

l do find him funny even though l don't like him , it is the other aspect of his personality that l can't take to.

I can understand that, i admire that your not so steadfast in your opinion on him or any of them that you wont take anything good about them on board, im like that with some of the other housemates i dont like everything about them but i can see parts as to why people like them.

Impressive roflcopter! sharpshooter you have just been outdone! :D

7.gif:D:D:p:D:D

• Advertisement

7.gif:D:D:p:D:D

LOL. I stand corrected. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Hey, fairly sure I posted it first, in the 'Is any one else sick of Rex thread?'
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57034710&postcount=261

Despite me being one of his group of 'fans', I still though it was worth seeing and debating (though it desperately needed at least 30 seconds extra on both sides to see its context).

Latest Betfair odds.
    Michael 21/20 very solid.
    Rachel 7/2 drifting.
    Rex 6/1 moderate support.
    Sarah 8/1 drifting.
    Darnell. 30/1 dead.

(Congrats to whomever put up a betting guide a week ago explaining how Rex was a decent 15/1 shot :cool:) but ignore the case he made for Darnell

The latest odds are out and Sara has slipped behind Rex...
    Michael 4/5
    Rachel 10/3
    Rex 9/2
    Sara 11/2
    Darnell 25/1
    Mikey 10 - 11
    Rachel 3 - 1
    Rex 4 - 1
    Sara 7 - 1
    Darnell 20 - 1

MNG, I think the Betfair odds are by far the best guide to the true market price, as the bookies odds are effectively just the same odds with 10% chopped off each price for the bookies margin. (the bookies just copy Betfair in the latter stages rather than employing someone to look at the live feed).
    But thanks anyway.

MNG, I think the Betfair odds are by far the best guide to the true market price, as the bookies odds are effectively just the same odds with 10% chopped off each price for the bookies margin. (the bookies just copy Betfair in the latter stages rather than employing someone to look at the live feed).
    But thanks anyway.

I see. I just tend to check out the well known ones to see what they make of things.

Out of interest do you think they will call it right this year after last year's strong favourites Amanda and Sam missed out? Is Mikey the likely winner in your view?

Do odds change that much in 6 hours:eek:
    ( don't know much about them :o )
    BBLB had Paddy Power on tonight .
    Darnell : 20/1
    Mikey :4/5
    Rachel :3/1
    Rex :8/1
    Sara :5/1.

MNG,
    Last year was mayhem alright, Samanda and BrianBelo flip flopped a lot on the Friday but yeah the twins were favourite at the end and lost.

Anthony/Eugene was also very wrong in the final week, it was 1/2 Eugene 7/4 Anthony late on the Thursday night and Anthony didn't regain favouritism til about 7PM on the Friday.

The biggest wrong 'un of the lot was 1/14 Kenzie, 12/1 Bez in CelebBB 2005, the betfair punters were horrribly wrong. They were the prices literally as DavinaMcCall was doing her 'and the winner is...' bit :p

I'd still fancy Mikey to take it at this stage as the casual viewers have a look tomorrow and Friday - though a lot depends on the edit and apparently (you'll love this) the ginger one is supposedly playing a stormer at the moment, hence his price collapse.

Do odds change that much in 6 hours:eek:
    ( don't know much about them :o )
    BBLB had Paddy Power on tonight .
    Darnell : 20/1
    Mikey :4/5
    Rachel :3/1
    Rex :8/1
    Sara :5/1.

I believe they change due to the amount of money placed on people. Sara didn't feature much at all on the recent show did she?

Rachel got a positive showing, Rex likewise, Mikey got a good one, Darnell maybe not so much and Sara was pretty much a bystander in it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Betfair odds 0030 hrs

Mikey 2.02 (Evens)
    Rachel 4.6 (7/2)
    Rex 6.6 (11/2)
    Sara 8.6 (15/2)
    Darnell 30 (29/1)

• Advertisement

I believe they change due to the amount of money placed on people. Sara didn't feature much at all on the recent show did she?

Rachel got a positive showing, Rex likewise, Mikey got a good one, Darnell maybe not so much and Sara was pretty much a bystander in it all.
    Thanks MNG , night all.3.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement