Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing Pythons???

Options
  • 18-07-2008 9:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Howdy all,

Long time reader, first time poster... I'm looking for some info on how to go about importing a snake or two. I've got my eye on an albino royal python, or two, to add to my collection (which so far consists of one much loved normal royal).

Anyone have any experience of bring in snakes from abroad? Is there much hassle with Customs, CITES, etc??? Anything in perticular i need to get sorted before i order?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭AngelicRaindrop

eh i looked into it a few years ago with a pied royal python but ended up spending the money on something else, get onto your dep of enviroment, they can help ya out but as far as i know you need to have proof they are infact captive bred and the like. from what i remember once you do your research well its not too big a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

You could always wait until there is one looking for a home, people sometimes get them and don't realise how large they get etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭AngelicRaindrop

ah i doubt there will be any albino royals looking for a home, they only get 5feet and they are way too expensive to be rehoming, they aren't priced like an albino burmese or anything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭SCI

A royal python needing re-homed Pmsl, where are you looking
    to bring the python in from mate,be very careful who you give
    money to for one of these,there are hundreds of con artists
    out there just waiting to take your money and run.It not
    really worth your while bring in from the states for example as
    you would need to be bring in a lot and UK prices are down a
    lot. You could likely get one in England this year for around £700,
    anyone offering them a lot cheaper is out to con you. If you
    need any help sourcing one give me a shout.

Advertisement