Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

1.6 Impreza

Options
  • 18-07-2008 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭

Just wondering has anyone on here driven/owned a 00-02 1.6 Impreza, and what are your general opinions on it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

slow, not terribly good looking, and cashing in on the success of the proper Impreza.

Oh, and they're very thirsty too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

colm_mcm wrote: »
    slow, not terribly good looking, and cashing in on the success of the proper Impreza.

Oh, and they're very thirsty too.

I've never driven one, but i would be under the same impression!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

0 - 60 in around 14 secs. induction kit needed etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The only reasons I can think of buying that particular model Impreza was because of the ability, performance and pedigree of the WRX/STi versions.

If Gormley had an Impreza it would be the 1.6 version. Enough said...

• Registered Users Posts: 46 mone

Hi - not sure if you are talking about the original Impreza or newer version. The original 1.6 was front wheel drive the newer one AWD. I have never driven the newer one but have a 00 "old" model. It's not a performance car by any means but 0-60 is nowhere near 14seconds - somewhere between 11 & 12 I'd say and will do an average of 39 to 40mpg. All depends what you want out of a car but I'm happy with mine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement