Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Percolation Hole in wrong place ??

• 18-07-2008 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭

OK, As you have probably seen from my posts I am undertaking the building challenge. Lucky i have a site. This site is located at the foot of a big hill, the hill is very steep, but almost straight away it levels out before a gradual decent down to a lower level where drains are located which would be 20-25 Ft below the level of the foot of the hill, see below, this might work . .

_______ hill
    .............\
    ..............\
    ...............\
    ................\
    .................\
    ..................\__HOUSE__site
    ....................................................................................T-H
    ..........................................................................................
    ....................................................................................................
    .......................................................................................................
    ...............................................................................................drains......

Looks good, hope you get the picture. . .

Question why is the T.H so far from the site, its like 40 meters from where i want to build the house, I was on the site with the architect and i was showing where i was planning on building, then she came back and marked out T-Holes, i wasnt there. I dug them today, a 7Ft and two 2ft (hope this is correct) please correct me. Now i hope i havent wasted my time:mad:, but i guess if it passes there it will pass 40 meters away higher up???

Im just hoping that she didnt take me up wrong as to the location of the house. :confused:Question! will this matter???

See picture which is in the word doc zipped below.....

LNB

Comments

It appears that the test holes are for the percolation tests, these need to be dug where the percolation area for the septic tank is to be located.

Trial holes for the foundations are a separate issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭MrLNB

It appears that the test holes are for the percolation tests, these need to be dug where the percolation area for the septic tank is to be located.

Trial holes for the foundations are a separate issue.

why does everyone call them trial holes, even my architect. but yes they really are percolation holes, as she said she will be doing the test next week.

should i mention my concerns? ill probably go mad if i have to redig and re fence it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Trial hole (usually 2m deep) and percolation holes should be built beside where percolation area will be. They should not be built very far away from percolation area as a different result can be got from a different part of site.
    We had a problem site recently and had to dig several holes before we found one with good percolation. The percolation rate and water table varied from one place to the other.
    Planning will not allow you to put the percolation area in a different place from that tested.

Advertisement