Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buckle in Alloy

Options
  • 18-07-2008 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

Hi Folks
    Just had my car serviced today. Mechanic said that there is a buckle in one of my alloys, most likely caused by a pothole :rolleyes:

Does anyone know or recommend somewhere I can take it to get fixed. They are BMW MV1 18's. I'm in Dublin...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Usually a buckled alloy results in a new wheel......steel wheels are a lot are a lot more repairable than alloys.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

Thanks for the reply.

The mechanic did say that it was a slight buckle, so I assumed that it could be repaired. Anyone else ever get a buckle in an alloy fixed. Surely there are a few places that can do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I've had mine repaired.
    And we're talking a big big buckle I had repaired too.

Tallon wheels in Carlow does it..if you're not from there(and even when ya are :o ) it's hard enough to find though..
    www.tallonwheels.com

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

ClioV6 wrote: »
    I've had mine repaired.
    And we're talking a big big buckle I had repaired too.

Tallon wheels in Carlow does it..if you're not from there(and even when ya are :o ) it's hard enough to find though..
    www.tallonwheels.com

Thanks, actualy went to college there. So might be ok. Just sent them a message for price etc.

Anyone else...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

crosstownk wrote: »
    Usually a buckled alloy results in a new wheel......steel wheels are a lot are a lot more repairable than alloys.

Think you're wrong on that front! Very rarely does it result in a new wheel unless it is severly damaged!

Collins Enginneering in Bray are excellent, had work done by them before. www.wefixalloywheels.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

BrynW wrote: »
    Think you're wrong on that front![/url]

I stand corrected - every day's a school day!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

We recently got an Alloy buckle fixed by the tyre company on the corner next to Autostation in the Sandyford Industrial Estate - can't remember the name of them though.

Advertisement