Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm Clock Baby

Options
  • 18-07-2008 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭

My 15 month old son wakes at 6am every day regardless of what time i put him down at...its almost like you could set your watch by him.

Does anyone know of a way to get him to sleep longer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Could it be the light getting into the room that wakes him? We've a light blocking lining in the curtains of our son's (and our) room, and the room stays very dark until they are opened, even in the day. We found it helped a lot with midday naps.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,417 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Heavy curtains to block out the light?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭snellers

found a cheap solution in Argos recently - blackout blinds (you can trim to required length) for about €20 (dependent on the size)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

nesf wrote: »
    Could it be the light getting into the room that wakes him? We've a light blocking lining in the curtains of our son's (and our) room, and the room stays very dark until they are opened, even in the day. We found it helped a lot with midday naps.
    i have tried those blackout curtains but there is always gona be some light coming in. During the summer my little one wakes up at 6am every morning and will only sleep late in the winter. Its annoying but unless you tape the curtain to the window and block out all light its gona happen. If however you can use a blind like the velux black out blind it does block out all light its fab.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

i have tried those blackout curtains but there is always gona be some light coming in. During the summer my little one wakes up at 6am every morning and will only sleep late in the winter. Its annoying but unless you tape the curtain to the window and block out all light its gona happen. If however you can use a blind like the velux black out blind it does block out all light its fab.

Yeah, they do allow some light in, we've been lucky with our lad it's still not enough to wake him. When we take him down to my parents for the night, they've quite light curtains in the rooms and he's up very early every morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Tazwas

Clytus wrote: »
    My 15 month old son wakes at 6am every day regardless of what time i put him down at...its almost like you could set your watch by him.

Does anyone know of a way to get him to sleep longer?

i know how you feel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

My alarm baby is set for 5.45am. :( He's 3 1/2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

Same for us - 21 month old would wake on schedule at around 5.30 every morning. I said it was probably the light and we should get blackout blinds... OH doesn't seem convinced... would be interested to see if these blinds have helped anyone.

Isn't it so hard to imagine that there was once a time you could stay in bed as long as you liked... till lunchtime at weekends...

ahhh... memories!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

The blackout blinds didn't make a bit of difference in our case. He's always been an early bird and goes through these 5.45am phases whatever the season :(

Advertisement