Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

........have you won????

• 19-07-2008 12:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭

Has anyone reading this actually won anything on those text subscription lines?? You know the ones....
    "for jst E6 a week you'll be entered into a draw to win a car/holiday/concert ticket"

Or what about those free scratchcards that come free with newspapers and magazines, if you get three matching symbols you win, wow amazing, you've won...call this number now to claim your prize at E4 a minute! Has anyone actually ever claimed one of these prizes??

Or is it all a scam??!? :confused:

Just curious, i've always thought they were just a scam but maybe they've made someone here happy?? Thanks guys!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Never tried them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

I've always ignored them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

hhhmmm.... but surely if everyone ignores thhem, theres thousands of unclaimed prizes to be claimed out there somewher..? thats presuming of course that there actually were prizes available in the 1st place!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Yeah, ignore them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I have enough sense to ignore them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Nope, don't enter those scams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

A little OT but every time I log into bebo I am told I have just won an Audi A4, I have a fleet of the things at this stage.:eek:

haha ya i get them as well!! But can it jst be false advertising or somewhere out there is there actually an audi up for grabs?? Surely false advertising on that scale would be ignored and would be punished???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

The best way to win them is to form a syndicate with say 9 of your mates. That gives you 10 times the normal chances of winning. Then if you win a prize, you can split it between you and make a tidy profit. With those increased odds, you're guaranteed to win after a few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

My cousin won €20,000 on one of those things about 4 years ago. He went to Australia for a year. He always was a jammy git.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Chinafoot wrote: »
    My cousin won €20,000 on one of those things about 4 years ago. He went to Australia for a year. He always was a jammy git.

wow really?? Was that a text subscription thing tho or a scratchcard thing??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

wow really?? Was that a text subscription thing tho or a scratchcard thing??

Text thing. It was a quiz type thing, I assume it was a subscription service and they sent him questions. He said he spent a fortune on it but I guess it was worth it in the end. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I won a phone in a competiton ages ago. But a compeition is different to a subscription service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

most of the scratchcard prizes are holiday vouchers like e200 off an e80,000 holiday that the company chooses dates times hotels etc, so no one ever uses them

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭sparksfly

I won two packets of carrott seeds once on a scratch card (that fell out of a magazine) and the phone call to get my claim number only cost me 8.40 euro.

Advertisement