Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mystifying forum procedures.

Options
  • 19-07-2008 12:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭

Hello ,evening ,morning ,gnite.

Bit of bother as of late ,with a forum on boards that seems to have a case of ghosts floating among it's presence.

Basically some of my posts get deleted ,some threads I post in get deleted. Not forum charter breaking posts ,which makes me think of ghosts.

Is it normal for posts to get deleted ? ,It doesn't happen to me on any other forum and it's starting to make me wonder why no other communication was made with me other than the deletion.

I would normally have called on batman to sort things out ,but some joker is acting the squares with people of late.:rolleyes:

Thanks.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

311 wrote: »
    Hello ,evening ,morning ,gnite.

Bit of bother as of late ,with a forum on boards that seems to have a case of ghosts floating among it's presence.

Basically some of my posts get deleted ,some threads I post in get deleted. Not forum charter breaking posts ,which makes me think of ghosts.

Is it normal for posts to get deleted ? ,It doesn't happen to me on any other forum and it's starting to make me wonder why no other communication was made with me other than the deletion.

I would normally have called on batman to sort things out ,but some joker is acting the squares with people of late.:rolleyes:

Thanks.
    Yeah the joker took a few too many sleeping pills..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Yeah, that's what happens when you post in the paranormal forum, don't worry, it's just the mods trying to make the crazies feel more at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Mary loves Dick.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Sherifu wrote: »
    Mary loves Dick.

Probably

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Mystifying thread starter more like.

What are you on about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I don't see any posts made by you on the paranormal forum this month, I would be able to see if they were deleted posts. When did you make the posts and was it the paranormal forum? I'm a little confused too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Me suspects drunk posting...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Sherifu wrote: »
    Mary loves Dick.
    SteveC wrote: »
    Probably

She does, but she faked it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

It's not the paranormal forum ,it was one of the music forums.

I didn't want to mention the exact forum ,rather not have this thread coming up in a search with the forum name in it ,because I don't know exactly whats going on.

I wouldn't mind as much ,but no one has told me why and I don't know who's doing it.

Its not a major deal ,I just think it's rude of someone to delete posts more than once without letting me know whats going on.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

It's not the paranormal forum ,it was one of the music forums.

I didn't want to mention the exact forum ,rather not have this thread coming up in a search with the forum name in it ,because I don't know exactly whats going on.

I wouldn't mind as much ,but no one has told me why and I don't know who's doing it.

Its not a major deal ,I just think it's rude of someone to delete posts more than once without letting me know whats going on.

Without some examples dude, its difficult to determine the problem. There are thousands of threads!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

If a mod is deleting your posts, there's probably a good reason.

You may think it's rude but if what you are posting is worthy of deletion then I'd consider the mod to be going easy on you. Would you prefer to be infracted / banned for it?

Have you PMd the mod / cmod of the forum in question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

personally I too think it's mystifying how mods will delete posts without informing the users. how else are we supposed to know when we've done something wrong?

nothing but laziness tbh...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Could the posts/threads have had anything to do with this.

That would make them dissapear sharpish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

The posts where not about any orginisation ,they where only general posts. When it first happened ,I didn't know what was going on because the post just wasn't in the thread.

Anyways not to worry ,I'll keep track of things in future and post the relevant stuff here and see what you make of it.

Thanks.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

personally I too think it's mystifying how mods will delete posts without informing the users. how else are we supposed to know when we've done something wrong?

nothing but laziness tbh...

It depends, usually I'll PM the person in question if I edit their post but if there's a fight breaking out I mightn't have time to explain my actions to everyone involved.

Also, I shouldn't have to explain every thing I do as a mod. If I did have to do that (and participate in the ensuing "discussion") I wouldn't have time for much else and Feedback would be full of threads from the Shooting forums.

When deleting a post, there's a "Reason" field for me to fill in which the other mods can see, it usually gets filled with something like "Personal abuse" or "Off-topic". Perhaps it would be a good idea for that reason to be PM'ed to the poster automatically?

Advertisement