Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New TNA:Impact Video Game full trailer

• 19-07-2008 12:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

Here it is, the full (and what appears to be, the only one we'll see) trailer of the new TNA game.

IMHO:
    I don't know if i like it or not.

The reasons i do like it ;
    1. It's something different from the usual Wwe
    2. The use of so many venues, i seen a Japanese ring, an English arena etc etc
    3. Graphics look well.

Reasons i Don't like it ;
    1. Too jumpy looking, or to use a different phrase, "Glitchy"
    2. No one really knows about the season, unlockables, match types so on and so forth.
    3. Nothing worse than seeing a scott steiner match than having to go against an AI controlled steiner!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Jarrett still manages to make it into the game, despite being inactive for the guts of two years.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Will probably rent it out like I do most wrestling games. Interested to see what its like. Chances are I won't buy it though. If its good I will but can't see it, no wrestling game has been good since pretty much Smackdown 2 I think it was called.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I'd love to play it for the likes of Joe, Daniels, Shelley and AJ. I just hope that the commentary can be turned off...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Ecw-Original

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Will probably rent it out like I do most wrestling games. Interested to see what its like. Chances are I won't buy it though. If its good I will but can't see it, no wrestling game has been good since pretty much Smackdown 2 I think it was called.

This one?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWF_SmackDown!_2:_Know_Your_Role

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The commentary could make or break this game in my opinion. That trailer hurt my ears with the amount of screaming.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

It's a little ridiculous that considering how much emphasis TNA are placing on their women's division there is not one woman in the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭rizzla

Looks alright. Hope it's a great alternative to the WWE games. Any word on DLC like new characters or anything like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

It certainly looks well. I will try before I buy though.

This Came up on IGN in the last 24 hours:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/891/891492p1.html

Should be one to watch seeing as they are going to be answering all the un answered questions.

Like all wrestling games i have to try them first. I like to look of it its going to be the game play and how the game plays out itself before i make my decision .
    Fingers crossed for them as we need somthing new

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭CommieBaz

Wikipedia notes that there is downloadable content (including wrestlers) in this game. Which, if true, could be a major selling point....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Jarrett still manages to make it into the game, despite being inactive for the guts of two years.

VR!

He was the focal point of the company for four and a half years and he did have his one month stint between Lockdown and Sacrifice last year and he is set to come back sooner rather than later so why not put him in.

My guess is he's an unlockable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Looks sweet. Hopefully the edit mode is class. If its good I won't get SVR2009(Boycotted 2008)

Looks sweet. Hopefully the edit mode is class. If its good I won't get SVR2009(Boycotted 2008)

You boycotted it?

I think I heard somewhere that there's going to be some sort of create-a-move feature in this. Is that true?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Fozzy wrote: »
    I think I heard somewhere that there's going to be some sort of create-a-move feature in this. Is that true?

Thats in smackdown v raw, its a create a finisher.
    And yukes have stated in saying that they will be preloading it with already set moves from Tna, Roh, and past wwe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

It can't be any worse then the last WWE game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Words can not express how much I hate TNA's voiceover guy.

Hope this is good I havent played a good wrestling game in Donkeys years.

MikeHoncho wrote: »

Wasn't he WWE's voiceover guy at one point in the late 90s?
    VR!

• Advertisement

MikeHoncho wrote: »

Whats wrong with Barry Scott?

"Where dreamers become legends"

That is a blatant attack at wwe aint it? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭rizzla

That is a blatant attack at wwe aint it? :p

How so? WWE haven't trademarked "legends" now have they? Cause last time I checked there's legends in every sport/industry.

I've read that the action in this game is fast paced, which I take to mean arcadey kinda like Royal Rumble for the Dreamcast, hope that's not the case. Also, anyone know if there's blood in it?

I'd love if they put in some Mortal Kombat guys as hidden characters, since it is Midway and all.

The action is supposedly very fast, and moves are glitchy with no real reversal system. And even though i hate it, that button bashing technique in the SD! games where to get your wrestler up quicker, it doesnt exist in TNA in any caliber which kinda sucks.

Also no blood, they want to leave it more *Wrestling*, Less *Hardcore*.

What i also meant about the attack was that WWE have been using "From superstars to legends" line for ages, and i respect they cant trademark the word, but i find it funny how TNA have it in the promo when i have nearly never heard them use it before, ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭CommieBaz

that button bashing technique in the SD! games where to get your wrestler up quicker, it doesnt exist in TNA in any caliber which kinda sucks.

O_o

That sounds....annoying....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

looks promising imo

What i also meant about the attack was that WWE have been using "From superstars to legends" line for ages, and i respect they cant trademark the word, but i find it funny how TNA have it in the promo when i have nearly never heard them use it before, ever.

Its actually what the season mode is based around, you start with a created superstar at the bottom and work your way up.

Its actually what the season mode is based around, you start with a created superstar at the bottom and work your way up.

thats a true point, that announcer guy just destroys that trailer, look at SD! v Raw 2009 first trailer, no need for loads and loads and loads of talking...

That's a redeeming quality i think, I remember playing Smackdown 4 (Shut Your Mouth), and making a CAW for Scott Hall (as he was taken out of the game at the 11th hour due to being fired), to complete the NWO. In order to start him off on career mode as well, you had to do a couple of months on Heat before you got PPV matches. Your CAW was generally a total scrub against some of the AI controlled wrestlers in that game too.

VR!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

did any smackdown vs raws ever come out for the pc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

No. Fighting games in general don't because Lag would destroy them and the controls aren't suited

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

So i'm still on the lookout for games to use with my xbox controller on the pc :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

DRakE wrote: »
    did any smackdown vs raws ever come out for the pc?

Raw came out on PC and Xbox. it's pretty decent

There's a wrestling game for the PC called Wrestling Encore. It came out a few years ago and is mainly hardcore-based

There's another one coming out called Pro Wrestling X. I think they're selling an early version of the game so that they can raise some money to finish making the game. It doesn't look too bad from what I've seen, might be worth a look when it comes out

Wasn't there a WCW game that came out for the PC around 98-99?
    WWE Raw came out for the PC in 2002, it was a direct port from the Xbox game that came out the year before. It wasn't great.

VR!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

nash2.jpg

sonjay2.jpg

sharkvidgame2.jpg

Game characters announced is the last 3 weeks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

From the Observer:
    In the Impact videogame, the person portrayed as the top wrestler is Jeff Jarrett. He’s the final opponent players have to beat.
    Who's the boss?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

"In the Impact videogame, the person portrayed as the top wrestler is Jeff Jarrett. He’s the final opponent players have to beat."

Ah ffs...It should be Awesome Kong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

3d1.jpg

3d2.jpg

3d3.jpg

New characters announced as of today Team 3D

Afro Thunder from Ready To Rumble series is in the game as a downloadable/unlockable character and I can see some Mortal Combat characters also being put in as JB dropped hints that people from other Midway games being in the game.

• Advertisement

Afro Thunder from Ready To Rumble series is in the game as a downloadable/unlockable character and I can see some Mortal Combat characters also being put in as JB dropped hints that people from other Midway games being in the game.

OMG:

Angle V Sub-Zero, that would kick ass!

Anyone see this yet?
    http://www.angerangle.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

:confused:

OMG:

Angle V Sub-Zero, that would kick ass!

Angle's Fatality would be 10 German Suplexes, 5 Angle Slams, a Karen Angle run in, 2 unsuccessful anklelock attempts and finally an anklelock with a tap out.

The main criticism seems to be the poor collision detection system. The in game engine reminds me to much of WCW Mayhem for the Playstation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

any links to reviews?

Read the Q&A and lower your expectations:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/906/906229p1.html

Sounds like a total rush job.

rovert wrote: »
    Read the Q&A and lower your expectations:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/906/906229p1.html

Sounds like a total rush job.

"No, not in this version"

EDIT: So all there is in the game is an exhibition mode where you can have whatever match you want and a story mode where you're this Suicide wrestler? You can't play any sort of season mode with an actual wrestler?

And there's no branching storylines in the story mode. So once you've played the story mode through there's no reason to play it again? They must have been way behind schedule those times when they had to delay the release date

EDIT: So all there is in the game is an exhibition mode where you can have whatever match you want and a story mode where you're this Suicide wrestler? You can't play any sort of season mode with an actual wrestler?

And there's no branching storylines in the story mode. So once you've played the story mode through there's no reason to play it again?

Not to mention the small list of moves in the game too.
    "They must have been way behind schedule those times when they had to delay the release date

The game has been years in the making and they are still rushing it out which is disappionting. The thing with Midway is that they are very close to be going tits up so they need the cash injection.

Lol, that's a lot of corrections to make in the next 60 odd days or so!
    VR!

• Advertisement
Advertisement