Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New TNA:Impact Video Game full trailer

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Lol, that's a lot of corrections to make in the next 60 odd days or so!

I took "this version" to mean this game that's coming out soon. They talked about future TNA video games, I think they're the ones that will have the stuff "not in this version"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Fozzy wrote: »
    I took "this version" to mean this game that's coming out soon. They talked about future TNA video games, I think they're the ones that will have the stuff "not in this version"

I thought that they were still working on betas, but you're probably right. :)
    VR!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

It is out in little over a week.

What Bryan Alverez wrote about it:
    More notes on the game from someone who has played it. The story mode is ten hours long, which apparently is considered very short (actually, 12 is considered short and 20 is "solid"). They left blood out of the game so they could market to kids. There are no rope breaks in the game because the developers didn't know what rope breaks were if you can even believe that. There are no referees in the game. Well, at least that's realistic since there may as well be no referees in TNA since they're all so damn incompetent. The Wii version has been delayed and will not support online play or downloadable content. It's believed the PS2 version will ship on time, but it also will have no online play or downloadable content. You will not be able to upload your own music for theme songs. Our source wasn't positive but believed that the maximum number of wrestlers that could be on screen at any one time was four, and that TNA/Midway wasn't releasing this info prior to release because it was rather embarrassing. That's the other reason there are no referees, because they apparently couldn't animate one ref and four other wrestlers at the same time. Our source concluded: "This game is DOA, and the more they actually talk and let people know what is in the game the more they bury it".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

God, reading that Q&A session was depressing. I had high hopes for this game but I'm not sure anymore.
    I mean if AJ & Samoa Joe were as involved as they said they were in the making of it, then surely it would have some basic features such as cage matches etc. It sounds like it'll be like the original Smackdown game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

They seemed to have forgot a lot of things while they were focusing on game play. Hopefully they can g0t that right, it is the most important thing in the first game of any franchise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Jesus that sounds shit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

This game is sounding so pathetically bad and what more is that it looks like TNA have alot riding on it financially with the video game being one of the main reasons that TNA expects to cut a profit this year (according to a post last month some time). This is my favourite question and answer so far in the Q and A
    Glennsoe: Will we be able to fight on the stage and throw people of it?

MIDWAY: Great idea!

Yup, sounds like a complete abortion now, a rush job destined for the bargain bins within a month.

Kinda tragic really, they had months to fix these issues.
    VR!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭rizzla

There's still 1 question left to answer, will there be a "Fire Russo" chant whenever someting stupid happens.

Still gonna give this game a rental regardless how good or bad the reviews are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

God, reading that Q&A session was depressing. I had high hopes for this game but I'm not sure anymore.
    I mean if AJ & Samoa Joe were as involved as they said they were in the making of it, then surely it would have some basic features such as cage matches etc. It sounds like it'll be like the original Smackdown game!

I know, from the sound of things AJ and Joe might have been the only ones working on it. Hard to believe they worked on it this long and managed to get such basic, fundamental things so horribly wrong. Sounds like it's going to be a wasted opportunity.

rizzla wrote: »
    There's still 1 question left to answer, will there be a "Fire Russo" chant whenever someting stupid happens.

Nope, but i've heard the counter staff at Gamestop, Game, Smyths, Zavvi, HMV and Xtra Vision have been ordered to say it to anyone who buys this sh*t-heap! :D

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

On that theme VR when you go in to ask where the game is maybe you can get a Mike Tenay-style 'To the back' and when you say you'd like to buy it get a Don West-style 'You gotta be kidding meeeeeeeeee'.

Not to mention in between where you have Borash following you around the shop with a camera crew literally stuck up your ass!

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Question: Will wrestlers actually be playable in this game?

Answer: That is a great idea.

• Advertisement

Ive heard that Sting's Scorpian Deathlock and Booker T's Scissor Kick arent in the game, Im not totally sure if it is the case. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

Ha I think that a "You ****ed Up" chant would be more appropriate for that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

The finishers only being performed from the one position is something that would annoy me a bit. I remember in whatever Smackdown game I had, it annoyed me that Rey's finisher would be done when you're standing in front of your opponent even though he does it bouncing and jumping off the ropes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭rizzla

rovert wrote: »

Sounds average. Video Review was good, I know if I was down I'd be calling for Jessica Chobot.

• Advertisement
Advertisement