Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The official 'Darnell's a gobsh!te' thread

Options
  • 19-07-2008 12:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

Does anyone else agree that Darnell is an absolute eejit by all accounts?! Why, oh why, was he voted head of house? And I've come across many people who actually like him (from threads here, fansites on bebo etc)....I don't get it!
    When he treated Sara like that the other night, that was the last straw for me. Even Rex thought it was uncalled for...so that says a lot.
    He was confessing to Rebecca only weeks ago, that she was the type of girl he could see himself being with and that she was gorgeous, blah blah...then when he thinks the public may not like her, he's bad mouthing her every chance he gets. When Rebecca wasn't voted out last weekend, he was heard saying "oh what have I got myself into" and saying that if everyone liked Bex then they must hate him....and yes! We do! lol
    If just has me bewildered to think that people think his behaviour is exceptable...he annoys me soooo much....please God don't let him win!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Does anyone else agree that Darnell is an absolute eejit by all accounts?! Why, oh why, was he voted head of house? And I've come across many people who actually like him (from threads here, fansites on bebo etc)....I don't get it!
    When he treated Sara like that the other night, that was the last straw for me. Even Rex thought it was uncalled for...so that says a lot.

I agree with you about his recent behaviour. I think Darnell did well at the beginning because he was very good at calling people out on their behaviour but for me it was the constant persecution complex that really turned me off.
    He was confessing to Rebecca only weeks ago, that she was the type of girl he could see himself being with and that she was gorgeous, blah blah...then when he thinks the public may not like her, he's bad mouthing her every chance he gets.

Disagree. Rebecca showed herself to be a horrid bitch and her behaviour on the fight night and her reaction to Darnell afterwards sealed the deal in terms of him changing his mind about her. You have to remember a few weeks must be like a lifetime for them in there...opinions on people would change rapidly.
    When Rebecca wasn't voted out last weekend, he was heard saying "oh what have I got myself into" and saying that if everyone liked Bex then they must hate him....and yes! We do! lol

Nah sorry, if I had to pick himself or Rebecca I'd choose him any day. She's a bitch and the public don't like her, they just hated Mario more. Darnell is hardly going to know that. All of them in the house assumed that Mario was loved and that he was seen as some big father figure because that's how most of them saw him. So for Rebecca to stay over him, obviously thats going to cause the housemates to think that she's popular. She has made no secret of the fact that she hates Darnell and he's been responding in kind.
    please God don't let him win!!

Don't think he will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

In fairness with the Rebecca thing, he was clearly just looking for his bit. It didn't actually say anything about what he thought about Bex, save that he thought she'd be a bit easy.

I didn't see the Sara thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

With regards the Sara thing, I can see why he thought it was funny. When he said "Make my dinner woman" he was joking with the language. Not eating the food was a bit much but it was obviously a joke. He obviously totally regretted it afterwards. I'm not condoning it, it was a bad judgement call on his part but you can see what he was trying to do....they're in hell, they have to do his bidding and he was trying to have fun with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭HoneyButterfly

Sean_K wrote: »
    In fairness with the Rebecca thing, he was clearly just looking for his bit. It didn't actually say anything about what he thought about Bex, save that he thought she'd be a bit easy.

I don't agree with that. They were sitting on the bedroom floor and he was telling her basically that she was good girlfirend material...which I htought a bit odd actually...so now that I think about it, you're probably right. But then thats nearly worse...he just filled her with all them lies and compliments to 'get his bit'

The Sara thing was awful, i don't know what could have been going through his mind for him to think that that'd be funny or acceptable at all. You should youtube it.

Chinafoot wrote: »
    Disagree. Rebecca showed herself to be a horrid bitch and her behaviour on the fight night and her reaction to Darnell afterwards sealed the deal in terms of him changing his mind about her. You have to remember a few weeks must be like a lifetime for them in there...opinions on people would change rapid.

I agree with you in part there, I mean, I don't particularly like Rebecca, she's unbelievably immature, she needs to snap out of that, and I reckon thats the root cause of her bitchiness and bad behaviour. But she's entertaining at times.

Actually didn't mind Mario at all....always boasting, but I found that hilarious. Love Lisa! I think she's really come out of her shell since Mario left.

I think part of the reason I dislike Darnell is the constant moaning, and he's frequently contradicting himself...asswipe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

The Sara thing was awful, i don't know what could have been going through his mind for him to think that that'd be funny or acceptable at all. You should youtube it.
    Just saw it there, it was a bit much.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Ah leave Darnell alone. What he did with Sara was OTT but he was trying to be humourous and took it too far that's all. Could happen to anyone. I saw him apologise to her earlier tonight on the live feed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭madser

I think Darnell is great and is a worthy winner, who else is in there who deserves it more, he's the best of a bad lot:o

The stunt with Sara was embarrasing tough, but he did apolgise to her and it wasn't shown on the highlights show which was wrong.

I think he keeps it real and you know where you stand with him, he's not a bitch like Luke and Bex and that gang.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Thinking back on the Sara incident the "make my dinner woman" was a total power-trip. He knows he can say suff like that as he is HOH (well, not seriously, as a joke) and a joke is all it was. He wasn't being malicious. It kind of backfired though, nobody cared when he said what he said and nobody cared (well, the heaven side, except Rex) when he put the plate on the table. I think he fancies Sara and his poor attempt at a joke has been blown out of proportion by some people here. However, I do think it was a mean joke to play. Even Sara said nobody has ever done that to her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Chloexx

Missed the Sara thing. What happenned?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Chloe basically as a joke Darnell thought it would be funny to "order" some food off Sara. He said "Get my food, woman" and stuff like that. Then after Sara went to the trouble of making it he slapped it on the table saying he didn't want it. She walked out for a fag a little upset but nowhere near the upset Jennifer was when Rex smudged her painting. Rex thought it was mean, and Darnell put his head in his hands regretting what he did.

Hope that helps Chloe.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I don't agree with that. They were sitting on the bedroom floor and he was telling her basically that she was good girlfirend material...which I htought a bit odd actually...so now that I think about it, you're probably right. But then thats nearly worse...he just filled her with all them lies and compliments to 'get his bit'
    Er, are you forgetting that a) he and she were completely ossified at the time and b) he was complaining about the fighting that followed because it stopped him from getting his "bit".

If you're shocked at a guy filling a girl's head with compliments just to get laid, then you need to get out more.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭zuchum

Amz wrote: »
    If you're shocked at a guy filling a girl's head with compliments just to get laid, then you need to get out more.

Or not...

and your username is lovely honeybutterfly

zuchum wrote: »
    and your username is lovely honeybutterfly

Why thank you. Eh seriously how do you change your username? It makes a wonderful first impression on here.... :rolleyes:

[quote=Amz;56616819If you're shocked at a guy filling a girl's head with compliments just to get laid, then you need to get out more.[/quote]

Never said I was shocked, just think it was bad of him. Especially on TV. Drunk or not drunk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭KateF

Darnell is an idiot. He is only concerned with one thing...and thats Darnell! If he's not talking he's not interested.
    I think the manner in which he talks/acts can be very intimidationg. He can't finish a sentence without swearing. He goes around the place with this "oh poor me, I'm a black albino attitude to everything". At times I actually do feel sorry for him, he doesn't seem to know how to deal with people socially at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

KateF wrote: »
    Darnell is an idiot. He is only concerned with one thing...and thats Darnell! If he's not talking he's not interested.
    I think the manner in which he talks/acts can be very intimidationg. He can't finish a sentence without swearing. He goes around the place with this "oh poor me, I'm a black albino attitude to everything". At times I actually do feel sorry for him, he doesn't seem to know how to deal with people socially at all!

On the 'fight night' he got very upset over what happened to someone else in the house. Hardly the actions of someone only interested in himself.

And he can't be too bad socially since he was voted Head of House by an overwhelming margin!

As someone said earlier, I think people are seizing on the first silly thing he's done in the house and using it to bash him. I think there are far worse people in that house.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Does anyone else agree that Darnell is an absolute eejit by all accounts?!
    No.
    Why, oh why, was he voted head of house? And I've come across many people who actually like him (from threads here, fansites on bebo etc)....I don't get it!
    When he treated Sara like that the other night, that was the last straw for me.
    He's a good guy, although it's fair to say he seems to have a chip on his shoulder due to his life history and wanting to be accepted. He thought initially getting voted was a sign that he was accepted, however, it backfired and he became enemy no-one. He couldnt handle it.
    Even Rex thought it was uncalled for...so that says a lot.
    Yeah, it was ignorant, i donno why Darnell did that. But I dont like Sara, so i dont care!:D
    He was confessing to Rebecca only weeks ago, that she was the type of girl he could see himself being with and that she was gorgeous, blah blah...then when he thinks the public may not like her, he's bad mouthing her every chance he gets. When Rebecca wasn't voted out last weekend, he was heard saying "oh what have I got myself into" and saying that if everyone liked Bex then they must hate him....and yes! We do! lol
    He was very drunk when he said that to Bex. I'm pretty sure he doesn't like her for all the same reasons a lot of people don't and she treats him with like sh1t also.
    If just has me bewildered to think that people think his behaviour is exceptable...he annoys me soooo much....please God don't let him win!!
    His behaviour is imo the result of wanting and trying to be liked, to be someone's favourite, be respected and fit in. He try's so hard, he want to be like certain people in the house that he thinks are favourites, he cant do it and he gets down and starts acting like a Punk! Darnell to win I say! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭ImJohn

I was liking Darnell for a while up on till I realised what a game player he is. Hes playing the game so much its not even funny. He better not win.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

I cannot fathom Darnell at all, he is like 2 sides of a coin, flip it and you don't know what side it will come down on.
    One minuet he is being a complete assh*le, and the next he shows a side completly opposite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Elphaba

Have to say I'm not a fan. He's scary when he gets pumped up. As for people saying he's a game player - well it is a game! He's just a bit too wrapped up in himself for my liking! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭NAGGIE03

I think tha whole Sara thing with Darnell is that he secrectly fancies her!!

Read this!
    http://www.heatworld.com/Article/6479/Darnell+/Does+Darnell+secretly+fancy+Sara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

I really used to like Darnell, really wanted him to win. But with his bloody tantrums now hes getting on mu ****ing nerves. Talk about being spiteful that he had to go to hell this week, get the hell over it like, you got to be in heaven last week and you rubbed it in the hell housemates faces :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Alice1

I have to say I really liked Darnell initially - specially when he stood up for Mo after the spitting incident.

However, the incident with Sara was unacceptable. I don't care for Sara - however, I thought he spoke rather rudely to her and it was not nice to refuse the food she had cooked.

I wonder if his social ineptitude is born of lack of self confidence?

On balance, I'm afraid Darnell will be nominated - and evicted.

Just after watching last nights and the night before's episodes ther on youtube. And my opinion for Darnell has only worsened.
    I agree that the root of a lot of it is him wanting to be liked. But that shouldn't mean everyone has to excuse his behaviour....still bewildered as to how people can accept his behaviour?!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Roses are red

I hope Darnell goes out soon I would hate to see him win

Advertisement