Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ferrets?

Options
  • 19-07-2008 1:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭

Does anyone here keep ferrets as pets? I always hear such bad things about ferrets and no one I know has any. What are they like?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Lovely if treated well & handled often! My 2 are wonderful!

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Duzzie

I have 4 ferrets, all neutered and spayed. They are all such great characters and are great fun. They make great pets and are very interactive. They are social creatures so best no to keep them as singles. There are health issues with females (Jills) going into season. If they do and are not covered, they will not come out of season and will become very ill. This does not happen with spayed Jills. There is a lot of info on the net about this.

I would not be without my 4, I think they are fantastic pets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

Cottage Rescue sometimes have ferrets looking for homes if you're looking to adopt. They are supposed to make nice pets, I've only ever met ferrets once but they were very friendly and curious little things. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭animalcrazy

not really looking to adopt, not at the moment anyway. I read that they will kill other small animals like rabbits? Not sure if this is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

Chap i know has ferrets as pets, Apparently they are lovable little furballs as pets, but they are a little more wild than say a King charles spaniel.

• Advertisement

For me they are great Pets to be honest. Like any other animal the need interaction every day. To be honest i dont know why they have a bad rep when dogs do more damage every year then ferrets do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Jimkel

I love my Ferret to bits, They make cracking pets, It's like having a playful kitten that never grows up, and a lil puppy all rolled into one. I keep her in the same room as rabbits and Degu's with no problems, because she is being raised with them I assume. Altough they never come into contact with each other, but the presence of a ferret does not bother the small animals and vice versa.The only one downfall to keeping ferrets is the smell. It's an acquired taste to say the least.

Advertisement