Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need help fast

• 19-07-2008 3:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

I gave my mate a loan of my 360 this wednesday and lo and behold he's after making a full blown xbox live gold account,anyway he's bitching about paying for it (****ing hilarious seeing as he actually went to trouble of putting in his credit card details and didn't cop on that he might actually have to pay for something) So I told him that I'd just go delete his profile to get around it,that will work right? I can't see how he can be charged for using an account that's connected to a profile that won't exist. Any ideas if it will work or am I going to have to endure the wrath of phoning MS customer services...again :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Cow Moolester

Won't work. When you delete a profile it just deletes it off the console. It still exists on Microsoft's servers. You have to call them up to cancel it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

He wont get a refund either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Sarn

I thought you got a month free when you created a new profile?

I know myself and my brother got two separate gold accounts for free for 1 month. If this is the case here then a refund should be possible seeing as it would not kick in until the month was up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Sarn wrote: »
    I thought you got a month free when you created a new profile?

When you buy the console you get one month free, which you can then add on to your first gamertag. Maybe you got another months trail off some game you bought with the console.

If you got one month free every time you created a new account, then nobody would ever pay for Xbox Live... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

faceman wrote: »
    He wont get a refund either.

they refunded me when i cancelled:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    When you buy the console you get one month free, which you can then add on to your first gamertag. Maybe you got another months trail off some game you bought with the console.

If you got one month free every time you created a new account, then nobody would ever pay for Xbox Live... :rolleyes:

You do get a free month everytime an account is made, all your stats would be lost so that's why people pay :rolleyes: .....

Advertisement