Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farmleigh Woods, Castleknock D15...a good place to stay?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

The prices in Farmleigh never made any sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭inspiron6000

does anyone have an updated price for a 2bed apartment in the phoenix park racepark?? not the listed price but the price there accepting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 brendan1023

what are your current thoughts on Farmleigh Woods, Castleknock as an investment? Have prices gone up or down? Are there many apartments within the estate that are available? Any help on this query?

Did you just get out of a time machine or something?

http://www.thepropertypin.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=10674&p=198612&hilit=Farmleigh#p198612

http://www.thepropertypin.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5080&hilit=Farmleigh+Woods

Its still falling and I'm guessing its got a lot to fall yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 brendan1023

in fact, I live in South Africa. I'm looking for an architecturally interesting property to invest in as an investor. Dublin 15 is the area

• Advertisement

What about Farmleigh is architecturally interesting?

You do realise its a falling market? Which is still falling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭patftrears

does anyone have an updated price for a 2bed apartment in the phoenix park racepark?? not the listed price but the price there accepting.
    Know someone who bought 3 for 750k in January when they were advertised for 320k, at the time I asked a mate in the bank who works with developers and he said you could get them for 285k, now they are advertised at 285k. So it looks like the banks are influencing the price.

Know about 10+ people who live/own investment there, they all bought at between 360-380, some of them have 2,3 apartments.
    in fact, I live in South Africa. I'm looking for an architecturally interesting property to invest in as an investor. Dublin 15 is the area
    Farmleigh is a horrible looking development, it looks cheap, it has zero curb appeal, they paid big money for the site and then went low quality on the design, exteriors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭catch88

If people are getting the two beds which are advertised at €450,000 for €285,000 what would you suggest the one beds (€350,000) would be sold at?

http://www.myhome.ie/residential/search/new-developments/brochure/farmleigh-woods/15763

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭ZYX

There are many areas not to even consider investing in. Dublin 15 would definitely be one of these. Too many properties, not enough roads is a major unsolvable problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭catch88

Was there the other day, just drove around and had a look. Definitely more apartments occupied than when i was there a year ago. Not looking like the ghost-town that it was.

Did notice the horrible overgrown yellow dead grass that lined the drive way on the way in. Nobody taking care of the lawns???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 April08

Hi anyone know if there are any problems with pyrite in the Farmleigh woods/whites gate development as these estates were built by Menolly Homes?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 scott2020

My friend recently bought a second hand two bed apartment at Farmleigh woods for €290,000. Seemed like good value, however the developer is still looking for €360 for new apartments on the same site. Is he mad or has NAMA not hit Farmleigh yet? Has anyone managed to push the developer to a realistic price for these apartments which are now on the market for over three years. Everything else is down 50% but Menolly Homes seem to still have their head stuck in some pyrite quarry!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 scott2020

Caveat emptor. Buyer Beware, something is rotten at the estate at Farmleigh Woods. Called into the EGM of the management company at Farleigh Woods last week at Castleknock Golf & Country Club. All is not well there; over 100 people still have outstanding management fees. The Chairperson of the company spoke of the critical situation and the company was losing money fast and may soon not be able to pay its bills. The meeting was informed that the developer, Mellony Homes have no obligation to pay fees for the many vacant units (they reckon over 60). Many residents objected to plans to convert Mount Hybla, (nice house in the centre of the estate), from boutique hotel to 59 bed nursing home. All in vain, permission was granted... The management fee of €19,000 for Mount Hybla, however, is still outstanding!! Having changed selling agent they still cannot shift the remainder units. The 12 units for social & affordable, managed by Fingal County Council are occupied. Glad the management company are glad they are assured of their management fee. If you visit make sure you suspend judgement on entering the gates, life is different inside, prices are still at peak level. Bring on NAMA NAMA NAMA.:D:D:D:D:D

Advertisement