Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cable router

Options
  • 19-07-2008 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,494 ✭✭✭✭

hi i'm with upc and have their useless router, can anyone recommend a good router that i can use to put my ps3 in the dmz, it woint work on the netgear one, the cheaper the better

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Argos and maybe maplin sell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,213 ✭✭✭MrVestek

guil07 wrote: »
    hi i'm with upc and have their useless router, can anyone recommend a good router that i can use to put my ps3 in the dmz, it woint work on the netgear one, the cheaper the better

Erm the router you get with UPC is the Netgear WGR614v7 right? I've two of these at home and you *can* put games consoles in the DMZ. Just make sure the PS3 has either been given a free static IP address or you reserve an IP address and lock it to the PS3's mac.

When I was using either of them I had my 360 in the DMZ with no trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

i have the netgear router you get from NTL and you can put the ip # the PS3 is using in the DMZ.

on the left side list click WAN and then enter the PS3's ip# in default DMZ server and check the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,494 ✭✭✭✭guil

yeah i did all that and gave the ps3 a static ip and reserved the ip already but still have trouble playin games as if ports are blocked

yeah i did all that and gave the ps3 a static ip and reserved the ip already but still have trouble playin games as if ports are blocked

When you run connectivity tests on the PS3 does it show NAT as open?

• Advertisement

no the ps3 doesnt show nat as open or closed3 is behind a firewall but limited connectivithy 2 is behind a firewall but will work ok and 1 is direct to the net no firewall,
    i was able to get 1 with eircom usin pppoe but i have 2 now and some games still wont work unless i forward ports, thats y i think the dmz isnt workin

no the ps3 doesnt show nat as open or closed3 is behind a firewall but limited connectivithy 2 is behind a firewall but will work ok and 1 is direct to the net no firewall,
    i was able to get 1 with eircom usin pppoe but i have 2 now and some games still wont work unless i forward ports, thats y i think the dmz isnt workin

Erh... one more time but in English please?

ha ha sorry the ps3 uses nat 1 to nat 3 for the connection nat1 is'open' and is direct to the net-no firewall, nat2 is behind a firewall and nat3 is the same as 2 but with restrictions, i have nat2 with upc, i know how to set up connections and know a lot bout ps3 but with the ip of the ps3 in th dmz on the router some games wont work properly onlline until i forward the required ports, thats y i think the dmz doesnt work on the router

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

ha ha sorry the ps3 uses nat 1 to nat 3 for the connection nat1 is'open' and is direct to the net-no firewall, nat2 is behind a firewall and nat3 is the same as 2 but with restrictions, i have nat2 with upc, i know how to set up connections and know a lot bout ps3 but with the ip of the ps3 in th dmz on the router some games wont work properly onlline until i forward the required ports, thats y i think the dmz doesnt work on the router

If you expect people to help you please have the courtesy to desist from textese. Capitals, full stops and proper sentences make posts much easier to read and therefore easier to reply to. Apart from anything else it is being courteous to the people who you are hoping will take the trouble to help you.

Right... I still can't understand a word you're trying to say. Stop speaking Klingon ffs!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Achilles wrote: »
    Right... I still can't understand a word you're trying to say. Stop speaking Klingon ffs!

If the technical advice offered was as illiterate as the posting can you imagine the response?:rolleyes:

Advertisement