Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So where is the Irish Overclocking Team?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Yeah refuse sacks hold ln2 no hassle ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭riptide

Anti wrote: »
    Yeah refuse sacks hold ln2 no hassle ;)

LOLOL :D I'm cracking up... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Conar

I hope to fcuk that people realise I was joking about the refuse sack yeah????

Obviously you'd need something with an insulated lining like a king crisps bag!

EDIT:
    I'd forgotten to chase this up btw.
    I've sent him a mail so I'll let you know when he gets back to me.

Got a reply:

"LN is approx €2 - 3 per litre, but there's a min quantity, so i think that works out around €60. I'll confirm that tomorrow. We rent dewars but nothing as small as this. I think our min size is 50 litre and it costs about €90 a month to rent.
    We do sell the smaller size and I believe its around €2000, but you might get a better price elsewhere.
    I'll confirm all of this tomorrow, but for now thats a rough idea."

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭unseen

It is quite expensive but there are no many options. I cant afford 90+(50*3) at the moment but if we are going to bench as a team we can share the costs.
    With 50lt of LN2 we can bench 3-4 times( ~2 hours each).

Maybe if we arrange a meeting we can discuss all those...
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055159809&page=3 :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

replied there.

Bump!!

Just bought those two dewars from ebay so from now on we will bench on ln2 too :D
    62e9_12468.jpg

By the way last week i benched again with my colleague.
    8400@dry ice
    Foxconn avenger motherboard

hpim3765zt8.jpg

Two pots in action
    hpim3767yb8.jpg
    hpim3770iz1.jpg
    hpim3771gf6.jpg

First 2D results.
    spi1m481.jpg
    wprime32615.jpg
    wprime1024186.jpg
    620fsbri8.jpg
    w887.png

Conar wrote: »
    Got a reply:

"LN is approx €2 - 3 per litre, but there's a min quantity, so i think that works out around €60. I'll confirm that tomorrow. We rent dewars but nothing as small as this. I think our min size is 50 litre and it costs about €90 a month to rent.
    We do sell the smaller size and I believe its around €2000, but you might get a better price elsewhere.
    I'll confirm all of this tomorrow, but for now thats a rough idea."

Conar are you still around? I need a phone number or sth from your contact. Boc gases dont reply to my emails and their phone is almost all the time busy. !

I have my ln2 dewar here sitting for months :(

He's not in the sales area so it wouldn't be him you'd need to speak with, but I'll ask him who's best to contact and get back to you.

Ok mate. Please dont forget me!

• Advertisement
Advertisement