Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

help please - would this be a problem

Options
  • 19-07-2008 11:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭

I've got a 99 citreon xsara. It drives very well. its my learners car.

I've noticed today that the accelator pedal is very low to the ground. Don't know was it always like this since i bought the car in may. Would this be a problem or could it develop into a problem. Also the accelator pedal would have been replaced sometime.

I'm female and i don't know anything about cars.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Unlike the clutch the accelerator pedal doesn't use hydraulics, it's attached to the engine with a wire. You can adjust the wire to fit.

84816660.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

What do you mean, is it low when pressed down or low when up? Is it inline with the cluth and brake pedals when not pressed down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭darling.x

Its very low to the ground/floor when its not pressed in. Its not in line with the other pedals.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

They should be in line. Just in case, take it to a mechanic.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

biko wrote: »
    They should be in line. Just in case, take it to a mechanic.

There are plenty of cars where that isn't the case and the accelerator is a good bit lower than the other two.

OP, if you accelerator is working properly (i.e you're getting the full revs when you press it fully down) then it is probably normal for your type of car

• Advertisement
Advertisement