Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IwW International Wrestling on Buzz TV

• 19-07-2008 11:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

IwW - International Wrestling starts on Buzz TV!

IwWonBuzzTV.jpg

WHEN: Saturday July 19th at 1.30pm on NTL Digital Channel 131

WHAT: A brand new TV show featuring action from IwW, past and present.

WHO: Tune in to see some classic matches from the IwW archives including the incredible Global Impact in Waterford which featured CIMA, Kid Kash, Dragon Kid, Doug Williams, Takeshi Rikio, Mad Man Manson and many more!

WHERE: Buzz TV - Channel 131 on NTL Digital in Ireland

This series will present some classic matches from the IwW archives as well as moving on to matches from recent tapings such as the National Basketball Arena show last month which featured Raven, Balls Mahoney, Vic Viper, Bad Bones, Daivari and many more.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Ecw-Original

Good stuff guys, But is there gonna be a chance to download or view these online?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭rizzla

Just checkin it out now. Just Tiger Woods talking, the guide says The Beverly Hillbillies is on. Has this been postponed?

EDIT: You sure it's July 19th, I find it a bit hard to believe a promotion would advertise a TV show 1 and a half hours before air time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Well i guess it's yet another...
    EpicFail.jpg

VR!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

THE DVD must not have shown up to station (not the one in VR pic.) :pac:

rizzla wrote: »
    Just checkin it out now. Just Tiger Woods talking,

Mr Woods, how do you feel about being drafted to the IWW roster this weekend?

tiger_woods_06_target_5.jpg

Tiger is not amused...
    VR!

• Advertisement

Mr Woods, how do you feel about being drafted to the IWW roster this weekend?

tiger_woods_06_target_5.jpg

Tiger is not amused...
    VR!

Anything else to add?

pga_wi_tigerflex_580.jpg

With these 24" Pythons brother, I'm gonna wrap this 5 iron around your white trash ASS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭RAMPAGE1

Maybe USA Network stole it at the last minute from Buzz for a 7 figure sum Ohhhh Yeeeaaaahhh

Waits for SOS to show up on WWE Television throwing a copy of the Global Impact DVD in the bin. :D

VR!

Waits for SOS to show up on WWE Television throwing a copy of the Global Impact DVD in the bin. :D

VR!

That would be so funny, kinda like when CM Punk signed the wwe contract on the ROH belt. Hmmm.... Ok no, it wouldn't be a thing like it! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

This is ****ing hilarious. The latest in a long litany of embarrassing **** ups for the IWW backyarders. First they forget the ring then they forget to send the DVD to the TV station. Maybe next they'll forget to exist and we can all laugh even harder.:D

• Advertisement

flahavaj wrote: »
    This is ****ing hilarious. The latest in a long litany of embarrassing **** ups for the IWW backyarders. First they forget the ring then they forget to send the DVD to the TV station. Maybe next they'll forget to exist and we can all laugh even harder.:D

Is that really what happened? They forgot to send the tape?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Would have loving to have been there. The bloke who's job it is to send it. Sitting in his car on the way home looking forward to watching it and the DVD sitting in the passanger seat and him turning white :D.

I would like to see it its just when the football starts up I am going to be watching that as most Saturdays their is an early kick off. And even if I am not watching that, I am not getting up before half 1 :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭jayhaitch2

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    I would like to see it its just when the football starts up I am going to be watching that as most Saturdays their is an early kick off. And even if I am not watching that, I am not getting up before half 1 :D.

To quote WWE fans when they are not really sure whats going on....

WHAT?

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Would have loving to have been there. The bloke who's job it is to send it. Sitting in his car on the way home looking forward to watching it and the DVD sitting in the passanger seat and him turning white :D.

Half 2 on a saturday night, i'd say he was just knackared or something! :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭RAMPAGE1

The episode that was missed can be shown in IWW's from the vault series in 2015 when they become the biggest wrestling company in the world and vince is back on commentary for them
    Give me a Shell Yeah I think I'll bring my clam juice to the next Gym Wars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Some correspondence between Buzz TV and myself from today. I can only go by what they say on this but this contradicts what some posters on this thread have come out with.

On 21 Jul 2008, at 11:44, Paul Mc wrote:

Hi ***,
    yeah Irish whip will be on every weekend in our sports zone - 1.30pm to 4pm. The listings on NTL and elsewhere will be sorted this week too. Sorry about that, nothing I could do.
    IWW will also air tonight at 20.00.
    Any views, drop us a line on our youtube page.
    Thanks for the interest, we are starting off, but we'll get there.

Paul

Sent: Monday, July 21, 2008 11:34 AM
    To: info@buzztv.ie
    Subject: Re: IWW

Hello Paul, thanks for the reply.

I didn't actually watch it as it was not listed either on the programme listing on the NTG guide or was it mentioned on the Buzz website so I ended up occupying myself; I could have tried the channel but I made to call to head out when I assumed it wasn't showing.

Is there any time for IWW to show on a regular basis and will there be more than one programme slot allocated to IWW during the week?

Regards

Hi,
    it was on Sat at 1.30. I watched it myself. What time did you watch Buzz at.

Thanks,

Paul McCormack
    Broadcast Manager

Broadcast manager? Sounds like he can barely manage to order a cup of coffee.
    Trust me, he might have watched it on the source tape at 1.30, but it definitely didn't broadcast. Unless he's refering to 1.30am in the morning!

VR!

Trust me, he might have watched it on the source tape at 1.30, but it definitely didn't broadcast. Unless he's refering to 1.30am in the morning!

VR!

Or just more likely he is covering his ass over the **** up he probably made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

VR!

I am just passing on what we spoke about via e-mail today. If you personally viewed channel 131 on NTL and didn't see IWW last Saturday, do contact the station directly and see what they say.

Yeah, I watched it a 1.30pm. Guide stated that The Beverly Hillbillies would be on, instead there was a sports show, first talking about golf with Tiger Woods then a dirt bike part.

The email says the sportszone lasts from 1.30 -4pm so it could of been on. I'm not gonna bother emailing them cause I don't think their that important.

• Advertisement

rizzla wrote: »
    Yeah, I watched it a 1.30pm. Guide stated that The Beverly Hillbillies would be on, instead there was a sports show, first talking about golf with Tiger Woods then a dirt bike part.

The email says the sportszone lasts from 1.30 -4pm so it could of been on. I'm not gonna bother emailing them cause I don't think their that important.

I thought you didnt like Irish Wrestling? :P

I think he kinda made that point, rovert, in the sense that he didn't think they were that important.

VR!

I think he kinda made that point, rovert, in the sense that he didn't think they were that important.

VR!

And in the Blake Norton thread a million times.

I've said it before, and i'll say it again. One man's poison is another mans pleasure.
    I guess Irish wrestling to rizzla is the cyanide ;)

VR!

I was willing to give it a shot and technically since it wasn't shown I have still yet to like Irish Wrestling :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I was just looking at the guide on NTL, it has IWW listed for 2:30 and 7:30 tomorrow, half an hour each time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Luas Lane

Hey thats great am looking forward to seen my first IRISH wrestling show. I have never been to a live Irish show before and have never seen it tv. American Rampage will be my first live non WWE wrestling show here so can wait. have seen a little bit of it on you tube and looks pretty good. Do some of them guys wrestle for IWW or are they two different promotions? Sorry might be a silly question but im new to all this.:o

Luas Lane wrote: »
    Hey thats great am looking forward to seen my first IRISH wrestling show. I have never been to a live Irish show before and have never seen it tv. American Rampage will be my first live non WWE wrestling show here so can wait. have seen a little bit of it on you tube and looks pretty good. Do some of them guys wrestle for IWW or are they two different promotions? Sorry might be a silly question but im new to all this.:o

They're two different promotions. I'm pretty sure that some guys on the American Wrestling Rampage tour have wrestled for IWW in the past though, but definitely not currently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7 beefey

:D Hey just came to chat about the IWW fight on sat. I saw it on the channel, it was on after gillettes programme. Maybe tiger was in that. Bruiser kickin sum ass. Lot of handbag talk here today. I dont care where i see it, am just happy to see it. So anyone actually wanna talk about wrestling.

• Advertisement

beefey wrote: »
    :D Hey just came to chat about the IWW fight on sat. I saw it on the channel, it was on after gillettes programme. Maybe tiger was in that. Bruiser kickin sum ass. Lot of handbag talk here today. I dont care where i see it, am just happy to see it. So anyone actually wanna talk about wrestling.

Convenient first post

• Registered Users Posts: 5 aidanmf

Does anyone know when the next live show is on? and who's gonna be on it?

aidanmf wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the next live show is on? and who's gonna be on it?

It's not live but:
    Fozzy wrote: »
    I was just looking at the guide on NTL, it has IWW listed for 2:30 and 7:30 tomorrow, half an hour each time

I'd say that's the same show as was on Saturday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

beefey wrote: »
    So anyone actually wanna talk about wrestling.

Try the Dental Issues forum

I've got it recorded, haven't watched it yet. First match on it is Red Vinny vs Dragon Kid, clipped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Try the Dental Issues forum

I laughed.

• Advertisement

flahavaj wrote: »
    I laughed.

You would, Doc. In fairness, that gave me a chuckle this morning too though.
    VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Loafiebread

what did ye all think of the half hour show thats been shown on Buzz?

I still haven't watched it :p I've got a thing against clipped matches and that immediately made me hesitant to watch it straight away. I just feel like I'm missing out on something when part of a match is gone :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Loafiebread

I still haven't watched it :p I've got a thing against clipped matches and that immediately made me hesitant to watch it straight away. I just feel like I'm missing out on something when part of a match is gone :pac:

As far as i can tell, there is only the minimum taken out just to tighten it down to fit the half hour slot. it also removes some bits of shoddy camerawork. If you watch it, would you post back and let us know what you think. Cheers Fozzy

I just watched half of the first IWW show on Buzz TV. It was from two weeks ago. I assume they had another show last week and one earlier today. So here's some of my thoughts

There is a lot of room for improvement. If someone just came across this show without knowing about IWW they would be completely lost. There was a very short intro and then it was right into a Red Vinny vs Dragon Kid match. There was no explanation of who these guys were, what IWW is or where they were. One of the first things the commentator said was that the RQW cruiserweight title is not on the line. I know RQW is a promotion in England and that Vinny held the belt, but how many other people know? Talking about an RQW title on an IWW show without explaining it is just confusing

I recognised the main commentator as Eamon D'Arcy but I didn't hear him introduce himself. There was another commentator who I didn't recognise at all until halfway through the match D'Arcy called him Mad Man Manson. That confused me. He's a face in IWW as far as I know, yet he was acting like a heel commentator. While I don't think D'Arcy's a great commentator or anything particularly special, he's got some talent and is miles ahead of many people who've tried commentating. Manson was horrible though. It was very hard to hear him most of the time and he was trying to make D'Arcy sound stupid. At one point in the match D'Arcy said "could we be seeing the DDT here?", as someone was setting up a move. They hit the move, but it wasn't a DDT. Manson shouted out "YES!", and then said that it was a "cross-arm brainbuster" or something like that. Then he said that he just made that up. The move wasn't a cross-arm brainbuster and Manson came across as being useless

I've seen many Dragon Kid matches from Dragon Gate as well as some American indys like ROH. But I completely forgot that I knew him because there was no introduction of him. I assumed it was some small Irish guy until he showed a bit more talent than I'd expect from an Irish guy. The match itself was ok. Some bits annoyed me a little, like Vinny not selling an arm hold that Dragon Kid had just held on for a minute. Dragon Kid's selling was good. There were at least a couple of points in the match where they both looked lost, like they were waiting for the other one to do something. I think they were both faces, Dragon Kid got more of the cheers at the start. Vinny got more at the end for hitting a move off the top rope. Just before he hit that move the match kind of just died though. Coming out of Dragon Kid's arm hold, they both just kind of stopped for a while. There was no real set-up for the finish

The lighting was terrible. When they were using the hard camera you couldn't actually see the ropes on the other side of the ring as they were a dark colour

There was a Doug Williams interview after the match, with Eamon D'Arcy. He held the mic a weird way, too high up. The audio was pretty bad and the mic didn't appear to be working as it didn't make anyone louder when held to their mouth. Not a fantastic promo by Doug, but it made me laugh when he made fun of the names of the IWW wrestlers

There's a Doug Williams vs Ballymun Bruiser match after that, I might watch it later

The big thing that I think they need to fix is simply to explain what's going on a lot better. A new viewer would be so lost

• Advertisement

These are very old matches. What happened to the stuff filmed in June?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

rovert wrote: »
    These are very old matches. What happened to the stuff filmed in June?

You don't remember the van fiasco?

You don't remember the van fiasco?

I thought they could salvage some stuff from that. They also had another set of tapings after that went down.

Continuity of storylines would be ****ed though. Also, editing takes time.

Continuity of storylines would be ****ed though. Also, editing takes time.

What storylines? Maybe there's some on the other shows, but that show I saw had Dragon Kid and Doug Williams on it. I don't think either of them appeared on any shows after that, and I didn't see any sort of storyline being presented

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

Fozzy, i take it those matches are from Global Impact in Waterford last year?

There really wasn't a storyline they could take from that show, as it was pretty much presented as an International vs Irish Whip card, so i can totally sympathise with the feeling that what you watched seemed completely random.

Your write-up was good, constructive criticism, i thought.

What storylines? Maybe there's some on the other shows, but that show I saw had Dragon Kid and Doug Williams on it. I don't think either of them appeared on any shows after that, and I didn't see any sort of storyline being presented

You should reread what I said; the storylines in question were being developed at IWW's last TV taping at the NBA, the card Rovert was enquiring about.

Advertisement