Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mechanics Thread

Options
  • 19-07-2008 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭

Just wondering how many mechanics post on this and would it be an idea to have a thread where we can bounce problems around the ones where its hair pulling time.

Maybe Joe public might even get an insight into what we go through on a regular basis and cut us a bit of slack:rolleyes:

Martin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Mr.Diagnostic

There are professional forums which are very good value. If you want details PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

I use the forum at www.honestjohn.co.uk often (called The Back Room) - it's excellent, generic, and answers are always bang on.

There are a couple of Merc forums too that I ask on, and there are a couple of professionals that post there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

I did a poll here maybe a year ago asking about skill levels and who was a qualified mechanic etc. No qualified auto mechanics showed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

JHMEG wrote: »
    I did a poll here maybe a year ago asking about skill levels and who was a qualified mechanic etc. No qualified auto mechanics showed up.

Are you implying they dont know how to use computers?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

A mechanics forum would be a good idea. I said it a while back but sure up to nothing:rolleyes: Im sure theres a few mechanics here, I think crosstownk is one and im an apprentice boy but theres a few more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

The poll was here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055099493

Some voted as being qualified but explained that technically they're not.

Advertisement