Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Checking on the box to see if your Xbox supports HDMI

• 19-07-2008 12:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭

Basically wondering what exactly I look for on the box to see if it does supports HDMI because i want to get a HDMI cable. Oh and do i need an adapter to connect the HDMI cable to the xbox cause i only see a connection for the component cable.

Any help would be great,thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Cow Moolester

128348-1-1.jpg
    You need to have the HDMI Port to be able to use HDMI. All Xbox 360's from early 2007 till now have an HDMI port

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

ah balls! alright thanks,looks like its gonna be the component for me forever,not gonna spend a load of money in a new xbox just for that

You could always get the Xbox 360 HDMI conversion kit. You won't notice a difference in the picture quality (although there is hardly one anyway between HDMI and HD AV Component). The point of it would be to just simplify all your connections and gives you an optical out.
    madcatz-hdmi-converter.jpg
    http://www.madcatz.com/Default.asp?Page=411

yeah thats cool but for the price there is no point really. Thanks anyway :)

Would there be much use in getting a vga cable to replace the component one? would it upscale the dvd's?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

componant cable is fine for transmitting 1080p (HiDef), It just doesn't transmit HDCP (copy protection protocol)

VGA will upscale DVD's yes :)

Cool well I got a "gameware VGA cable"

http://www.game.co.uk/Xbox360/Hardware/Accessory/~r327668/GAMEware-Xbox-360-VGA-Cable/

Because I couldnt find the xbox official one where i shopped,anyway, the sound doesnt work even though its all connected and the highest resolution i could get was 1360x768, theres 1920x1080 but it wont work at that level

And also i tried the serenity dvd on both compnent and VGA and i see no difference whatsoever,same with "house" dvd :confused:

Maybe i just got a broken cable...

ok one of my friends told me 576p is the highest resoluton the xbox can upscale the dvd's and thats what my compnents plays them at so im wondering wheter that there is a point of getting a replacement VGA cable at all

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,694 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Use a VGA to upscale and goes as far as 1080i (well, 1920X1080 according to my TV), so definitely worth the switch. Thats the big difference between VGA and component: when playing games you won't notice, but the DVD playback is far superior over VGA. Component only goes as far as 576p or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Use a VGA to upscale and goes as far as 1080i (well, 1920X1080 according to my TV), so definitely worth the switch. Thats the big difference between VGA and component: when playing games you won't notice, but the DVD playback is far superior over VGA. Component only goes as far as 576p or something.

Component goes up to 1080p, composite goes only to 576p

Im going to go buy the Official Xbox VGA cable and see how that goes,though with the other vga cable i could not get the 1920x1080,1360x768,checked my manual for my tv and it says thats the max it can play on the tv so i take it the 1920x1080 is 1080p cause my tv only goes as high as 1080i and i checked out a few dvds on the 1360x768 and it looked a lot smoother than the component but the some dvds loooked no differen but they are a few years old so i take it the older they are the less upscale the xbox can do on them,thanks for the info btw

Advertisement