Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retiring as Mod (and suggestion for beers)

Options
  • 19-07-2008 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

Howyas, it's been a while since I've been able to give the forum the time and energy I used to. It's grown from a wee dust bowl into something quite busy and interesting, so goal achieved. But I'll be stepping aside to let others push it onwards and upwards while I get busy on other things, one of the biggest being...... wait for it..... making music. Who'd've thunk it, eh? :D

Many times we've discussed getting together for some beers, it'd be great to have it happen once so I've a suggestion. I'm running a live music night in The Globe every Wednesday called The Song Room, hows about beers next Wednesday at 8.30 and you can lament my passing as a mod (please, no flowers)? We have a place, we have a day, we have a time, I'm going to be tehre no matter what, so how's about it? PS Mine's a Guinness....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

See you Wednesday, Chap. Best of Luck with Da Music.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    See you Wednesday, Chap. Best of Luck with Da Music.

Good stuff Paul. Anyone else up for a scoop on Wednesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I won't make it meself, being way outside the Pale and battling deadlines and all that... good luck with your retirement though frob, and well done on all the work you've put into the forum. *clink!*

Same to you Cornbb. Pity you can't make but the Wesht is pretty far I guess. If you're ever up for a wednesday gis a shout and drop into The Globe. Can you handle live music with a low frequency oscillator in sight? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

Best of luck The Frobmister :) Nice meeting you on boards man ..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭henessjon

where you hiding the globe these days

If anyone gets a last minute burst of thirst feel free to join us, looks like the kind of day that would be best served ending with cold alcoholic beverages. I'll be on at 9 or 9.30, you can't miss me; fabulously good looking, playing acoustic guitar and accompanied by a dude on electric piano and clarinet. The Song Room, The Globe, Georges st, 8.30. (*Frob suddenly wonders if he REALLY wants to play to a bunch of audio techies*).

Rafter y'all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

frobisher wrote: »
    I(*Frob suddenly wonders if he REALLY wants to play to a bunch of audio techies*).

Rafter y'all.

(Paul suddenly wonders if he REALLY wants to hear an Audio Techie play!)

Darn... my bad, my bad. I won't be playing tonight but I will be having tasty beers. See yas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭henessjon

uhm so is the song room with hamlet sweeney?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

Good luck Frob - forum grew nicely during your reign.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Well done frob!

Advertisement