Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OCC bikes in Jervis S.C. (Dublin).

• 19-07-2008 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

Walking through the mall and came accross the OCC bikes and stalls this morning, so took a few photos...

attachment.php?attachmentid=59778&stc=1&d=1216471487

attachment.php?attachmentid=59779&stc=1&d=1216471557

attachment.php?attachmentid=59780&stc=1&d=1216471617

attachment.php?attachmentid=59781&stc=1&d=1216471689

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

Nice, any idea what time they are staying there until...i'll have to head in now and get a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

darkskol wrote: »
    Nice, any idea what time they are staying there until...i'll have to head in now and get a look.

Well it doesn't look like they're pulling out anytime soon.

Btw, the lads aren't there. Otherwise I'd have kicked the sh*t out of Big Paulie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Whats the background on the two bikes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Probably bikes they built on the TV show. I remember the green Jets one they built for the NY Jets team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

They're more works of art then anything. Jesus, imagine dropping one out on a spin. Will drop in on Monday....hopefully they're not gone or stolen by then :rolleyes:

Cheers for the pics Mairt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

savage! might pop in on the way up to croker tomorrow!

I snapped off a few close up's...

attachment.php?attachmentid=59802&stc=1&d=1216515546

attachment.php?attachmentid=59803&stc=1&d=1216515939

attachment.php?attachmentid=59804&stc=1&d=1216516027

But the finish on the bikes was a little bit of a let down. But I guess these things are touring all the time, taking the knocks which goes with that too.

But I was a little disappointed, I'd had hoped for better tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

What was wrong with the finish?

How long is this on for?

BostonB wrote: »
    What was wrong with the finish?

How long is this on for?

Re. the finish. I'm just probably being a bit unfair - nice bikes, but for some reason I'd expected more. But go and see them, I was probably in a minority of one considering the gasps from viewer's.

I've no idea how long they're staying, sorry.

But seriously, for such a popular TV show and considering its 'in town' you'd be mad to miss 'em.

Sadly the boy's aren't there too.

Something seem'd a bit wobbly and out of sorts with the bikes...

attachment.php?attachmentid=59806&stc=1&d=1216517775

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Saw this show over in Birmingham awhile back. Have to say I think their bikes are hideous. The over the top garnish is one thing, but most of the bikes seemed to me to be just not right shape wise. I saw a guy driving around town on a chopper type bike recently and his handlebars were too upright for the rake on the bike which made the whole bike look awkward and wrong, OCC bikes give me the same impression.Milwaukee iron, now they made bikes that just look right, pity the main builder died.

• Advertisement

The show is funny, but I've never liked the bikes either. I'd be curious to see them. I probably won't get a chance to go look this weekend tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 821 ✭✭✭FiSe

They'll be around for a while, maybe not in Dublin, but if I understood it correctly, those bike belongs, or are on lease, to some marketing crowd over in the UK, who's the owner of merchandise right for OCC.
    They were in Jervish centre in the early spring, then down in Cork, they've been to Killarney in June, now in Dub again...

Yea, haven't seen the show, yet, but in general, everything looks better on the telly. Paintwork and overall finish was nice, but just OK. If you know what I mean :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

zAbbo wrote: »
    Whats the background on the two bikes?
    Argos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Much more appealing to fanboys than actual riders I'd say, personally prefer a bike I can drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

kowloon wrote: »
    Much more appealing to fanboys than actual riders I'd say, personally prefer a bike I can drive.
    What are ya talkin' about?! Sure I ride one of them red ones with the pointy exhausts to work everyday! I have a top box and panniers on mine though.

murphaph wrote: »
    Argos.
    LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,454 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

These bikes are everything that is wrong about motorcycling, hideous looking hideously expensive garage ornaments for the hideously rich and clueless.

Scrap the cap!

Its just harmless fun. But I thought this looked better than OCC's.
    http://www.vforcecustoms.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=29&Itemid=43

Advertisement