Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best "settlers" game??

Options
  • 19-07-2008 2:41pm
    Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭

Ive always been a subtle fan of the settlers games. Played a few of em in my time.

Whats the best?
    settlers 2 will always be a great one for myself, but looking at the newer settlers they just dont interest me as much.

Im thinking of getting another one.
    Ive played Settlers 4 before, are the newer ones much different to the Settlers 4?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,322 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Ive always been a subtle fan of the settlers games. Played a few of em in my time.

Whats the best?
    settlers 2 will always be a great one for myself, but looking at the newer settlers they just dont interest me as much.

Im thinking of getting another one.
    Ive played Settlers 4 before, are the newer ones much different to the Settlers 4?

There was an updated release of Settlers 2 last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

The newest one is pretty good, played a demo and liked it alot, for me Settlers 3 is king.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Settlers of Catan or Catan on the xbox, is still the best imho ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Settlers 2 is where it was at. After that it went too far down the generic RTS road of pants.

There was something so peaceful and therapeutic about hoarding stone and wheat while sending out ships to discover other islands..

Advertisement