Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone care to discuss bridge?

• 19-07-2008 3:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭

I'm a red-raw beginner at bridge and am really keen to learn more. I've taken 10 lessons, and will continue in September when the night classes recommence. In the meantime, I've been reading some books over the Summer, and needless to mention, I've loads of questions. Is anyone up for a bit of a chat?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Isnt bridge that game that grannies play when they're not at bingo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,676 ✭✭✭mondeo

Bridge is some variant of chess?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

You sunk my battleship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

king me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

My granny used to play it afair.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭eggplantman

check and mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Lessons? For serious? It's not that hard...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Is there a forum on boards for Bridge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

bothyhead wrote: »
    I'm a red-raw beginner at bridge and am really keen to learn more. I've taken 10 lessons, and will continue in September when the night classes recommence. In the meantime, I've been reading some books over the Summer, and needless to mention, I've loads of questions. Is anyone up for a bit of a chat?

There doesn't appear to be a bridge forum or even a forum for card games (there is a poker forum).

You could try to starting a thread about bridge in the poker forum. The mods might allow it.

Or you could suggest a bridge forum here, or better - a general 'card games' forum, I don't think there is one. It may or may not be approved and would take time before it was opened.

You can't beat a good game of snap though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

I think they came free then the OP bought this.....
    Mirror wrote: »
    Lessons? For serious? It's not that hard...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

There is a 'Real World Games' forum under Games, is closed though, probably lack of posts. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Ruu wrote: »
    There is a 'Real World Games' forum under Games, is closed though, probably lack of posts. :/
    It's completely empty, is it even a forum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭bothyhead

The-Rigger wrote: »
    ... you could suggest a bridge forum ... , or better - a general 'card games' forum ...

Cool, will do. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Bridge is an excellent game, i used to play it years ago..It's difficult to learn, but if you've got a head for cards you will pick it up in no time.

It's one of the best card games out there, very competitive. Usually most clubs have a beginners night, no where better to start than at the deep end ;).

Best of luck with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Pen1987

there is something very cute about this thread. It made me smile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Maybe the games cat real world game is a better place to talk about tricks and rubbers and the importance of a partner who knows what they are doing and how to use thier hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Sherifu wrote: »
    It's completely empty, is it even a forum?

Used to be, will get onto CuLT about it. Could have been dumped in the inactive pile but still showing up or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Pen1987 wrote: »
    there is something very cute about this thread. It made me smile.

Right up until Thaedydal posted :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭bothyhead

Thanks for the encouragement themadchef! From what I have seen so far, there are a huge number of rules and conditions to be memorized, but it's not unsurmountable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Ruu wrote: »
    Used to be, will get onto CuLT about it. Could have been dumped in the inactive pile but still showing up or something.

I think DeV meddled with Chess a little while back which was a subforum of real world games. RWG probably died as a result.

Advertisement