Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

free parking - Dun Laoghaire

Options
  • 19-07-2008 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭

Anyone know any free parking in the Dun Laoghaire area..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

Depends on what day you are going?

On weekends it's free along the sea front carpark. (beside the funfair this weekend)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Depends on what day you are going?

On weekends it's free along the sea front carpark. (beside the funfair this weekend)

not on the harbour - that's pay parking 7 days.

Cumberland st. / Dunleary rd / Longford place is free at the weekends. Closer to the town is 7 days. Dunno about the Dalkey end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Anywhere during the week, got to be in the town 5 days next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭skibum

I think the multi-storey car park off library road does an all day special, instead of an hourly rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Very few places. If you don't mind a bit of a walk (10-15 mins depending on how fast you walk) you can park on Mounttown Road Upper beside CBC Monkstown school all day for free.

Whatever you do, don't chance your arm around the harbour. The town is policed by traffic wardens from the county council, who'll ticket you, but the harbour is controlled (vigourously) by the harbour police and they'll clamp you if you're even a minute or two over the time.

As far as I know the car park behind the west pier does an all-day special too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Breezer wrote: »
    Whatever you do, don't chance your arm around the harbour. The town is policed by traffic wardens from the county council, who'll ticket you, but the harbour is controlled (vigourously) by the harbour police and they'll clamp you if you're even a minute or two over the time.
    AFAIK you can park on the harbour for €8/day. You can buy a day ticket, not sure where though - maybe in the ferry terminal. Normal price from the machine is €2/hour.
    Agree, they'll clamp fairly swiftly there if the ticket is expired.
    Breezer wrote: »
    As far as I know the car park behind the west pier does an all-day special too.
    Down past the narrow bit near the Coal Harbour?
    I wouldn't leave a car there - there are some, how do I say it,..... cars get broken into a lot down that end by the 'local' population.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

cinema carpark is free if youre going to the cinema

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

SteveC wrote: »
    Down past the narrow bit near the Coal Harbour?
    I wouldn't leave a car there - there are some, how do I say it,..... cars get broken into a lot down that end by the 'local' population.
    Yes, there. Is there no security guard anymore? I seem to remember there being one years ago but maybe I'm mixing things up.

There was a guy that would 'mind your car', nothing official. There was never any trouble when he was there and I used to park there a fair bit in the evenings and give him a few €.
    He's only there at certain times though.

Advertisement