Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

m14 wont fire

Options
  • 19-07-2008 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭

got my m14 about 2 months ago and have only charged it twice only for about 2 and a half hours each time and now it wont fire:confused:

you pull the trigger back on either semi auto or auto and it will only fire every4-5 times you pull it or if you leave it for about 10 mins and go back to it it will fire 1-2 shots and than the same again.

is this a battery problem or someting else??

please help if only just kyloned this and have fallen in love with it:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

the fact you fire and then go back to it after 10 min and its fires again would indicate a battery problem, what battery are you using, did you discharge the battery after you used it last?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

the big yellow one that came with it!

i left the battery in the gun when i taped it all up for the paint job and when i had finished and removed the tap i tried firing and it wouldnt so i assumed it was fully discharged.

ok im sitting here fearing the worst that it might be the dreaded selector switch problem:(

i put a voltmeter across the battery and it seems to be fine and noticed that the selector switch seems a bit loose!

does any one know how to check if it is the selector switch and more importantly how to fix it???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

if you can borrow someone elses battery you can quickly check if its a battery problem, what make is the m14 so can help with the selector issue

ok iv tried a differnet battery and nothing..............no what could it be???

how do i check if its the selector switch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

you may strip is town to the gearbox assembly, there will be a whiteis plastic bar that goes along the right side round the back of the gearbox and along the lefthand side, this is the must unsturdiest designed and manufactured thing iv ever come accross.
    when you turn the selector switch it lifts the bar on the right hand side up and moves it back, allowing the actual selector switch to move on the left hand side of the gearbox.
    i would suggest you make it semi only as this will safe a lot of ars3ache late on.

have you put a stronger spring in it recently?
    have you tried a 9.6v or higher battery?

no franc i have messed with the spring or battery still using it as it came.

il strip her down later the have a look at that bar your talking about thanks.

ok found the problem!

i stripped it down and by the trigger there is a little small metal slide thingy with a little post on it (you can kinda see the screw driver pointing at it in the pic, i couldnt get a better one)............and the post has snapped off!:( i have the post so im gonna try find a strong enough adhesive to fix it!

22072008048.jpg

Advertisement