Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brake problem

Options
  • 19-07-2008 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭

My rear brake (dual pivot caliper) isn't working properly for some reason. I was washing my bike today and I removed one arm of brake. Now this was working that way before cleaning aswell. When I pull the lever arms are closing to the rim and brake but they don't go back. I checke cable and there is no resistance there so I guess something wron with brake itself. I washed it, used wd40 maybe it was little bit rusted here and there, than cleaned it again and give small drop of oil to make it run smooth but didn't work. It seems to me that all parts are squeezed to much and that's causing the resistance. Noticed there are two small screws one under and one on the top of brake arm. Any ideas how to fix it ?

Advertisement