Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolutionary new DSP thing

Options
  • 19-07-2008 6:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

Saw this in my free resolution mag (thanks Paul). Apparently the geeks have isolated a single intel processor core so windows had no access to it at all. They then tested it's signal processing capabilities and were astonished to be able to get hundreds of tracks, multiple buses, effects all over the shop, at about 5.4ms latency. This could be the final frontier for true no-limits DAW processing power.

Then again, it could be crapola....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

squibs wrote: »
    Saw this in my free resolution mag (thanks Paul). Apparently the geeks have isolated a single intel processor core so windows had no access to it at all. They then tested it's signal processing capabilities and were astonished to be able to get hundreds of tracks, multiple buses, effects all over the shop, at about 5.4ms latency. This could be the final frontier for true no-limits DAW processing power.

Then again, it could be crapola....

Resolution is great I think so it's probably right. Interesting subjects addressed by interesting men.
    People like Phil Newell and John Watkinson have a passion for their work like someone on their first day in the studio and Zen the editor steers the whole ship with a very steady hand.

Phil Newell has been advising me on my NS10,000 Project/ Science Experiment too.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭teamdresch

Phillip newell's books are fantastic.
    Anyone who's got a home studio should read his acoustics and 'better project studio' book.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

teamdresch wrote: »
    Phillip newell's books are fantastic.
    Anyone who's got a home studio should read his acoustics and 'better project studio' book.

I went over to Spain, where he now lives, to meet him last year.

He's a very interesting man and spent a couple of days showing us some of his rooms as well as the Anechoic Chambers in Vigo University. They're well disturbing!!

While I appreciate his sincerity and admire his history, his rooms/monitors made little sense to my, or my other visitors, ears.

However that's our feeling, it may not be yours.

I've mentioned Boards to him and hope he will make a few posts.

He's a Good 'Un!

Advertisement